If you want one of the least invasive treatments that provides an entire host of benefits like improving the look of your pores and skin, then you have found your answer: chemical peels.
Chemical peels help diminish pigmentation, fine lines, and wrinkles on the skin by refining the upper layers of the epidermis. Chemical peels are often referred to as the “lunchtime peel” because a single treatment can be completed in 20 minutes and people can return to work immediately after the treatment. Chemical peels are a great way to maintain and protect your skin from the symptoms of solar damage such as melisma and hyperpigmentation.
Chemical peels work by causing a controlled superficial wound to the upper layers of the skin with an acid based solution. The damage causes the body to naturally regenerate and heal the skin, improving the appearance as it resurfaces. The chemical solution during the application of chemical peels determines how deep the type of chemical will be absorbed by the skin. Chemical peels reverse the signs of chronic sun damage on exposed skin by gently exfoliating and removing the surface dead skin cells and damaged skin cells. People should be aware that ̶̶̶̶ as the name suggests ̶̶̶̶ most chemical peels induce the “peeling” of the skin. Therefore, time off for recovery is required, and direct sun exposure is to be avoided following treatments. A substance that has been chemically changed is classified as a chemical. The ingredients of chemical peels are not as harmful as they may sound to some people.
– Retinoids (tretinon with propylene glycol solution)
– Beta-hydroxy acids (salicylic acid)
– Alpha-hydroxy acids (lactic acid and glycolic acid)
– Phenol (carbolic acid)
Chemical peels do not provide dramatic, immediate changes, but rather progressive improvements in the skin can be achieved such as minimized pores, less wrinkles, and a balanced complexion with minimal discoloration. Chemical peels are recommended every 3 to 4 weeks to regularly maintain and fight the signs of ageing in your face.
– Skin appears tighter.
– Skin is refined by the removal of unwanted damaged and dead skin cells on the surface of the skin.
– The increased activity on the surface of the skin causes the body to respond better and optimize the way the skin performs.
– Chemical compounds clear the skin from acne breakouts by causing the skin to purge the bacteria.
– Increases the performance of antibodies in the skin.
– Refines the pores but causes them to tighten and appear smaller.
– Promotes collagen production in the skin, which helps with the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
– Enhances the absorption of skincare products by allowing them to penetrate more quickly and increases efficiency.
– Reduces discoloration in the skin for a more even tone and complexion.
If you are interested in a chemical peel, contact Dr. Torgerson’s Facial Cosmetic Clinic to schedule your complimentary consultation with one of our skin specialists and discuss a skin care plan suited to your goals. Our clinic is equipped with the latest laser technology for the treatment of many facial skin conditions. During your consultation, you will receive a customized treatment program suited to your desired expectations. Contact our office today at 647-343-0207.