If you’ve noticed the effects of aging on your skin and your overall appearance, you may be thinking about the possibility of a facelift. Facelift surgery is one of the most rewarding forms of plastic surgery because it can unite the way the person feels on the inside by revitalizing the outside. If you think you would be a great plastic surgery candidate, here are the top reasons for people moving forward with facelift surgery:
1) Looking tired: If you are looking for ways to combat a tired-looking appearance, a combination of treatments could be the right solution. Depending on your age, a mini-facelift may be all that is needed, along with some dermal fillers and Botox for continued maintenance. A full facelift can rejuvenate the face, helping patients look more rested.
2) Deep lines and wrinkles: Deep wrinkles begin to form when the muscles of the face loosen and sag. A facelift is the gold standard in the industry to tighten and smooth out these wrinkles, addressing the concern straight on by eliminating these concerns.
3) Loss of definition in the neck and chin area: As natural aging occurs, definition of the tissue, skin, and muscles decreases and can result in hanging jowls, excess fat, and loose skin in this zone. A facelift will target this, resulting in a tighter look.
4) Loss of tone and muscle elasticity: Father Time doesn’t slow down for anyone, and sagging skin and wrinkles is part of the expected aging process. A facelift affects the contours of the face, making you look younger as it reduces the appearance of wrinkles.
5) Length of results: The results of a facelift can easily last 10 to 15 years. Therefore, many patients prefer this over the constant maintenance required by non-surgical methods such as dermal filler, Botox, and Ultherapy and laser treatments.
6) Overall self-improvement: If you are considering a facelift for the right reasons, such as a desire to better yourself or because you know it will help you feel better about yourself, improving your self-confidence or self-image, then it is a worthy motivator.
Once you’ve decided to move forward with the cosmetic surgery, it is important to find a facial plastic surgeon in Toronto that is the right fit for you. Feeling that you have established a good rapport with the plastic surgeon of choice is just as important as considering their skills, educational background, and expertise.
Once you’ve selected the Toronto plastic surgery centre that is right for you, all details about the facelift procedure should be disclosed and arranged before surgery, including take-home information prior to the surgery.