How Are the Most Popular Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation Treatments Different from One Another
If you have been considering vaginal rejuvenation, you may find yourself overwhelmed by the variety of surgical and non-surgical treatment options available
Some of the safest and most effective laser gynaecology options are available at Dr. Cory Torgerson’s Toronto Facial Plastic Surgery & Laser Clinic. Options on the market include IntimaLase, the MonaLisa Touch, FemiLift, and ThermiVa. Before determining the best treatment option for you, it is important to be aware of the different benefits and considerations of the most popular laser vaginal rejuvenation treatments.
FemiLife is a CO2 fractional laser device that is used to treat SUI (stress urinary incontinence), reverse vaginal atrophy, and accomplish vaginal tightening, resulting in improved sexual pleasure. It works by delivering pulses of laser energy into the vaginal mucosa, which aims to shrink the existing collagen and elastin, thereby tightening the vaginal tissues while simultaneously prompting the regeneration of collagen. In addition to tightening the vaginal lining, it may also tighten tissue at the base of the bladder, resolving mild to moderate urinary incontinence.
The MonaLisa Touch is a CO2 fractional laser designed to treat atrophic vaginitis, which causes vaginal dryness, burning, SUI, and painful intercourse and often occurs after childbirth or pre-menopause. This laser treats the tissues of the vaginal mucosa, stimulating collagen production to improve the functionality of vaginal tissue and restore the mucous membrane’s healthy chemical balance. As a result, the embarrassment and discomfort caused by atrophic vaginitis can be greatly reduced. This laser treatment is approved by Health Canada and the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). The MonaLisa Touch is also clinically proven to result in patient satisfaction.
The IntimaLase procedure uses a Fotona SP Dynamis System Er:YAG laser with SMOOTH Mode. This gentle, non-ablative laser treatment is proven to be extremely effective in shrinking the vaginal canal, resulting in vaginal tightening. The precise thermal energy wavelength targets the epidermis, vaporizing micro channels in the tissue to painlessly boost natural collagen and elastin-tightening tissue. Thermal technology is known to safely stimulate collagen neogenesis, which rejuvenates cells and blood flow without discomfort. Clinical studies show that 95% of the patients treated report a noticeable improvement after having this procedure, and on average, just one treatment can result in tissue shrinkage of up to 17%. As a result, patients report experiencing greater sexual satisfaction due to increased friction. IntimaLase and the IncontiLase devices can also be used to effectively treat SUI.
ThermiVa is a radio frequency device that claims to improve lubrication and vaginal function. It gently heats tissues to trigger desired tissue changes. However, it does not raise the tissue temperatures adequately to encourage neocollagenesis, or new collagen growth. As a result, there is no evidence to suggest that ThermiVa will lead to long-lasting results. In addition, while heating the vaginal lining tissues, ThermiVa may cause swelling, making the recovery uncomfortable.
While there are a number of gynaecology treatments available for laser vaginal rejuvenation, Dr. Cory Torgerson’s Toronto Laser Clinic is proud to use the IntimaLase laser and the collection of gynaecological lasers designed by Fotona, a leading provider of laser systems. If you are interested in learning more about laser vaginal rejuvenation, we welcome you to contact our clinic to schedule a consultation.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- Are You A Candidate for Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation?
- Choosing the Right Practitioner for Your Vaginal Rejuvenation Treatment
- Do Vaginal Laser Treatments Hurt?
- Have You Tried the New Non-Surgical Laser Solution for Treating Stress Urinary Incontinence?
- How Are the Most Popular Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation Treatments Different from One Another?
- How Menopause Affects the Female Body
- Incontinence Treatment Using Fotona Laser Technology
- Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation: What Is It and How Does it Work?
- Reasons to Consider Vaginal Rejuvenation Therapy
- Surgical and Non-Surgical Options for Your Vaginal Rejuvenation Treatment
- The Effects of Vaginal Childbirth
- Treatment Options for Stress Urinary Incontinence
- Using Laser Treatments for Vaginal Tightening Without Surgery
- Using Laser Treatments To Relieve Vaginal Dryness
- Vaginal Dryness: Symptoms, Causes, and Remedies
- Vaginal Rejuvenation With Laser and Without Laser
- What Are the Benefits of the Fotona Laser in Gynecology?
- What’s the Difference Between the IntimaLase Procedure and the IncontiLase Procedure?
- Who Are Ideal Candidates for Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation Treatments?