How Menopause Affects the Female Body
Menopause is a natural physiological occurrence in women between the ages of 45 and 55
Menopause signifies the end of the female fertile period, as it occurs after the last ovulation cycle. Menopause causes the female body to change by decreasing the production of hormones that were once regulated by the ovaries during the normal sequences of ovulation. Menopause produces physical and psychological symptoms in women who are faced with the end of their reproductive life cycle.
Common Menopause Symptoms
- Irregular period
- Hot flashes that last a few minutes
- Muscle aches
- Heart palpitations
- Sore breasts
- Sensitive skin
- Drier vagina
- Thinner skin
- Urogenital organ prolapse
- Painful intercourse
- Vaginal discharge
- Loss of libido
- Hair loss
- Urinary tract incontinence
- Psychological complaints
- Mood swings
- Hormonal imbalance
- Higher risk of osteoporosis
What Happens During Menopause?
Menopause causes the female body to lose estrogen and progesterone. A premenopausal female typically produces a natural balance of estrogen and progesterone with regular menstrual cycles that are considered “normal”. Although menopause is the leading cause of post-menopausal symptoms, one must consider that some symptoms are not directly linked to hormone imbalance.
Common Physiological Symptoms Of Menopause
- Thyroid hormonal deficiency
- Hair thinning
- Hot/cold flashes
- Weaker nails
- Dry skin
- Higher levels of cortisol production
- Thyroid imbalances, which can cause sluggishness in the morning, can be the cause of cortisol imbalance
- Urinary incontinence
- Low energy
Your family physician or gynaecologist can help alleviate menopause symptoms.
Treatment of menopause symptoms should be approached as a universal symptom management program, as most of the menopause symptoms are directly correlated to each other. Treating one condition may help with another symptom.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
Natural Treatments For Menopause
Recommended precautions to help reducing hot flashes
- Processed sugars must be eliminated from the diet
- Sugar causes inflammation and yeast overgrowth in the body
- Do not consume processed soy – contains synthetic estrogen
- Avoid conventional meats – they are packed with hormones and antibiotics
- Avoid products that contain synthetic hormones
- Avoid packaged food – typically contains hydrogenated oils
- Eliminate artificial sweeteners – artificial sweeteners wreak havoc on hormones
- Avoid gluten – can cause inflammation in gut lining
Food that can help alleviate menopause symptoms
- Avocado – great for hormones
- Omega-3 fatty acids – wild caught salmon/fish
- Grass-fed beef
- Berries (antioxidants)
- Coconut oil and coconut products
- Cruciferous vegetable
- Chasteberry – to help balance out many hormones in the body
- Ginseng herbs can help the body to de-stress and relieve emotional stress
- Holy basil
- Omega 3 fats – to reduce inflammation in the organs
- Collagen supplements
- Probiotics – to help digestion
- Essential oils – clarysage oil, thyme oil
Menopause symptoms can be managed effectively with a positive attitude towards the changes that are supposed to happen naturally to the female body. Women are encouraged to live a balanced lifestyle with sufficient exercise to prevent osteoporosis and eat a healthy, well-balanced diet to help battle nutritional deficiency. Menopause symptoms are more pronounced in women who do not have a well-balanced healthy lifestyle. Stress is another big component in how women respond to the changes that happen to their bodies. By taking preventative measures and ensuring that their body is adequately balanced in terms of health and nutrition, women can position themselves to improve the way they manage the changes that happen with menopause.
- Are You A Candidate for Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation?
- Choosing the Right Practitioner for Your Vaginal Rejuvenation Treatment
- Do Vaginal Laser Treatments Hurt?
- Have You Tried the New Non-Surgical Laser Solution for Treating Stress Urinary Incontinence?
- How Are the Most Popular Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation Treatments Different from One Another?
- How Menopause Affects the Female Body
- Incontinence Treatment Using Fotona Laser Technology
- Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation: What Is It and How Does it Work?
- Reasons to Consider Vaginal Rejuvenation Therapy
- Surgical and Non-Surgical Options for Your Vaginal Rejuvenation Treatment
- The Effects of Vaginal Childbirth
- Treatment Options for Stress Urinary Incontinence
- Using Laser Treatments for Vaginal Tightening Without Surgery
- Using Laser Treatments To Relieve Vaginal Dryness
- Vaginal Dryness: Symptoms, Causes, and Remedies
- Vaginal Rejuvenation With Laser and Without Laser
- What Are the Benefits of the Fotona Laser in Gynecology?
- What’s the Difference Between the IntimaLase Procedure and the IncontiLase Procedure?
- Who Are Ideal Candidates for Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation Treatments?
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.