What Can Be Done to Treat Stress-Related Hair Loss
There are several things that you can do to treat stress-related hair loss and stimulate new growth.
If you are dealing with any type of hair loss, it is best for you to seek the advice of a specialist. Dr. Cory Torgerson offers complimentary consultations. He will be able to offer a full assessment and hair restoration plan that is tailored to your specific needs based on the type of hair loss that you are experiencing.
Diet and nutrition
The Importance of Vitamins
A well-balanced and nutritious diet is necessary for the health of your entire body, including your hair. It is important to include all the essential vitamins in a healthy diet. However, there are some that may be more important to hair growth:
- Vitamin C: This vitamin plays a key role in building collagen, the connective tissue that is found in hair follicles. Some foods that contain vitamin C are oranges, broccoli, bell peppers, and strawberries.
- Vitamin B: This complex of multiple vitamins helps promote a healthy metabolism, along with healthy hair and skin. Vitamin B is found in foods like dark leafy greens, beans, nuts, and avocados.
- Vitamin E: This vitamin contains potent antioxidants that help contribute to a healthy scalp. Foods that are rich in vitamin E include sunflower seeds, spinach, olive oil, broccoli, and shrimp.
Proper hydration is also essential to overall good health. Every cell in your body is dependent on water to work properly. A reasonable amount of actual water intake is to drink 8 glasses of water per day. The remaining amount of necessary water intake will come from your daily diet.
Reasons for Hair Loss
- Exercise: Exercise is a great stress-killer. Even just a light daily walk, dance classes, or doing some yard work can help you get rid of stress.
- Hobbies: Keeping yourself busy with something that you enjoy is a great way to beat stress. For example, playing a musical instrument, joining a local community theatre group, or starting an art project can all be great stress-busters.
- Journaling: Taking a few minutes each day to write about your feelings as well as the things that tend to cause you stress can help you cope with stress. Review what you have written and look for common things that trigger stress. Then try to deal with those triggers to reduce stress.
It is possible that your hair loss is not caused by stress. There are many contributing factors and conditions that can lead to hair loss. The most common reasons for hair loss include:
- genetics (most common)
- certain medications
- serious illness or recent surgery
- hormonal changes such as childbirth or menopause
Learning how to effectively manage your levels of high stress can help you reduce the risk of further hair loss. Of course, this is usually easier said than done. You may want to try a few different stress-management techniques until you find the one that works for you.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
- What is Scalp Micro Pigmentation?
- What is an FUE Hair Transplant?
- What Can Be Done to Treat Stress-Related Hair Loss
- Things You Should Know Before A Hair Transplant Procedure
- The Top Causes of Hair Loss
- The Average Cost for a Hair Transplant
- SmartGraft (FUE) vs. ARTAS Robotic (R-FUE)
- Neograft Technology Overview
- History of Hair Transplant
- Hair Restoration for Women
- Hair Restoration Specialist
- Hair Transplantation
- Great Candidates for a Hair Transplant
- Hair Growth After Hair Transplant and Restoration
- Hair Transplant Longevity
- Female Hair Loss and How to Treat It
- Ethnic Hair Transplant
- Does the FUE Needle Punch Size Make a Difference?
- Can Hair Loss Be Caused by Stress?
- Beard and Eyebrow Hair Transplant
- About Nutrafol Hair Supplements
- 5 Healthy Habits to Reduce Hair Loss