Benefits Of Chemical Peels
If you want one of the least invasive treatments that provides an entire host of benefits like improving the look of your pores and skin, then you have found your answer: chemical peels.
Chemical peels help diminish pigmentation, fine lines, and wrinkles on the skin by refining the upper layers of the epidermis. Chemical peels are often referred to as the “lunchtime peel” because a single treatment can be completed in 20 minutes and people can return to work immediately after the treatment. Chemical peels are a great way to maintain and protect your skin from the symptoms of solar damage such as melisma and hyperpigmentation.
The Ingredients Of Chemical Peels Are Not As Harmful
How Does A Chemical Peel Work?
Chemical peels work by causing a controlled superficial wound to the upper layers of the skin with an acid based solution. The damage causes the body to naturally regenerate and heal the skin, improving the appearance as it resurfaces. The chemical solution during the application of chemical peels determines how deep the type of chemical will be absorbed by the skin. Chemical peels reverse the signs of chronic sun damage on exposed skin by gently exfoliating and removing the surface dead skin cells and damaged skin cells. People should be aware that ̶̶̶̶ as the name suggests ̶̶̶̶ most chemical peels induce the “peeling” of the skin. Therefore, time off for recovery is required, and direct sun exposure is to be avoided following treatments. A substance that has been chemically changed is classified as a chemical. The ingredients of chemical peels are not as harmful as they may sound to some people.
Common Ingredients Used In Chemical Peels Include:
- Retinoids (tretinon with propylene glycol solution)
- Beta-hydroxy acids (salicylic acid)
- Alpha-hydroxy acids (lactic acid and glycolic acid)
- Phenol (carbolic acid)
Achieve Balanced Complexion
Chemical peels do not provide dramatic, immediate changes, but rather progressive improvements in the skin can be achieved such as minimized pores, less wrinkles, and a balanced complexion with minimal discoloration. Chemical peels are recommended every 3 to 4 weeks to regularly maintain and fight the signs of ageing in your face.
Chemical Peel Benefits
- Skin appears tighter.
- Skin is refined by the removal of unwanted damaged and dead skin cells on the surface of the skin.
- The increased activity on the surface of the skin causes the body to respond better and optimize the way the skin performs.
- Chemical compounds clear the skin from acne breakouts by causing the skin to purge the bacteria.
- Increases the performance of antibodies in the skin.
- Refines the pores but causes them to tighten and appear smaller.
- Promotes collagen production in the skin, which helps with the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Enhances the absorption of skincare products by allowing them to penetrate more quickly and increases efficiency.
- Reduces discoloration in the skin for a more even tone and complexion.
If you are interested in a chemical peel, contact Dr. Torgerson’s Facial Cosmetic Clinic to schedule your consultation with one of our skin specialists and discuss a skin care plan suited to your goals. Our clinic is equipped with the latest laser technology for the treatment of many facial skin conditions. During your consultation, you will receive a customized treatment program suited to your desired expectations. Contact our office today at 647-343-0207.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- Planning for a Toronto Chemical Peel – What Does It Feel Like?
- Benefits Of Chemical Peels
- Chemical Peels Toronto
- What Makes a Toronto TCA Chemical Peel so Effective?
- What Happens During A Toronto Chemical Peel?
- What are the Differences Between Light, Medium, and Deep Chemical Peels in Toronto?
- Treating Melasma with Chemical Peels
- Toronto Chemical Peel Must-Have Tips for Treating Dark Skin Tones
- Toronto Chemical Peels: Busting the Myths
- The Top Three Benefits of Toronto Chemical Peels
- Chemical Peel Facts, Information, Benefits and Side Effects
- 8 Reasons to Have a Toronto Chemical Peel
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.