What Makes a Toronto TCA Chemical Peel So Effective?
The primary reason a TCA peel is so effective is that it is able to treat a wide variety of skin concerns from acne, rosacea, and hyperpigmentation to melasma and aging skin.
TCA stands for trichloroacetic acid. When TCA is used for a
chemical peel in Toronto, it is applied directly to the facial skin as a powerful resurfacing agent to remove the outer layers of the skin, revealing healthy, bright skin underneath.
The Bleaching Effect
TCA peels typically offer more dramatic results than glycolic acid peels since glycolic acid gently exfoliates only the most superficial layer of skin. TCA peels, on the other hand, reach the medium-depth layer of the skin, making them an effective treatment for sun damage, facial wrinkles, uneven skin tone, and pigment abnormalities. The strength of the peel varies on a case-by-case basis. Downtime also depends on the strength used, but it is typically around 2 to 7 days.
For patients considering a Toronto chemical peel, it is useful to know that TCA can also be used to treat sun-damaged areas other than the face, such as the neck and skin. For small areas such as around the mouth or eyes, TCA is often preferred, as the bleaching effect is significantly less than with solutions containing phenol, which is a less popular peeling agent. Due to these properties, TCA is typically more effective in treating darker-skinned patients as well.
The flexibility that comes with a TCA chemical peel is also attractive to many patients. Depending on the concentration of the peel, the manner of application, and individual goals, the peel can be repeated frequently to avail the cumulative effects or used as a one-time medium or deep peel.
Who Are Good Candidates For Chemical Peel?
TCA chemical peel
For people considering a TCA chemical peel in Toronto, it is useful to know what makes you a good candidate for the treatment. Typically good candidates are patients who have:
- Sun-damaged skin on the face or the body
- Laugh lines or wrinkles around the mouth
- Crow’s-feet around the eyes and skin laxity in the lower eyelid region
- Pigmentation concerns such as brown spots or blotchy, uneven skin
- Facial scars such as those caused by acne, injuries, or chicken pox
- Precancerous skin growths
Although these are general conditions that may make you a good candidate, individual characteristics of the skin such as thickness and texture will ultimately determine whether you are a candidate for a TCA chemical peel.
Dr. Cory Torgerson is well known as one of Canada’s most talented and prominent facial plastic surgeons with his facial cosmetic surgery clinic located conveniently in downtown Toronto. For people exploring the benefits of a TCA chemical peel in Toronto, Dr. Torgerson provides in-depth consultations with all patients to help them understand the risks and benefits of the treatments and make an informed decision that they are comfortable with. As a result of these consultations, he is able to tailor his treatment plans to suit the unique needs of each patient while keeping their health and goals in mind.
- 8 Reasons to Have a Toronto Chemical Peel
- Benefits Of Chemical Peels
- Chemical Peel Facts, Information, Benefits and Side Effects
- Chemical Peels Toronto
- Planning for a Toronto Chemical Peel – What Does It Feel Like?
- The Top Three Benefits of Toronto Chemical Peels
- Toronto Chemical Peel Must-Have Tips for Treating Dark Skin Tones
- Toronto Chemical Peels: Busting the Myths
- Treating Melasma with Chemical Peels
- What are the Differences Between Light, Medium, and Deep Chemical Peels in Toronto?
- What Happens During A Toronto Chemical Peel?
- What Makes a Toronto TCA Chemical Peel so Effective?
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.