Dermal Fillers Toronto
As we age, our skin loses its volume, hydration, and elasticity, all of which we need in order to promote a youthful, healthy-looking appearance.
Injectable filler is used to give volume and create contours on the face where they are needed or where the volume has disappeared with age. Often called dermal fillers or facial fillers, these products are temporary and non-surgical and can result in a younger, refreshed, and revitalized appearance. Our injectors use only the top-rated and best hyaluronic products available in Canada today, such as Teosyal’s Ultimate and Global, Redensity II, Perlane, Restylane, and Juvéderm’s Voluma, Volbella, and Volift. All of these dermal fillers have an excellent safety record and are approved by Health Canada.
In our practice, we see a high percentage of men who are using non-surgical (lasers, injectable filler, etc.) and surgical (facelift, eye, chin and nose surgery, etc.) measures to maintain their appearance. The American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery statistics show that the number of men actively seeking out non-surgical and surgical procedures is significantly rising year after year.
Experienced and Qualified Injectors
Equally as important as choosing the right dermal filler is choosing an experienced and qualified injector who is current with the latest techniques. An injector without the proper skills and training can lead to a mediocre result at best. The biggest complication that could arise from using dermal filler has nothing to do with an approved, quality product, but in fact could be caused by an inexperienced injector. To achieve the desired visual impact, patients need to choose an expert injector with a keen aesthetic eye for beauty. Only qualified medical professionals perform dermal filler treatments at our clinic.
Our clinic is passionate about the art of dermal filler techniques. We take great care in the craftsmanship of the results. Our goal with dermal filler such as Juvéderm is to utilize a global approach so that the face is enhanced in the most natural and attractive way. Due to the expertise, artistic skill, and excellent safety record of our medical professionals, our clinic is in high demand among patients and health professionals alike. Working extensively with the leading injectable dermal filler companies, one of our doctors, Dr. Torgerson, provides training sessions in which he teaches other surgeons, family physicians, and nurses about proper and cutting-edge injectable filler techniques. Injectable filler treatments can be provided at the same time as the initial consult, should you choose to proceed.
easily done within 15 minutes to 1 hour
What is a dermal filler treatment like?
Most injectable dermal filler treatments, including hyaluronic acid facial fillers, can be quickly and easily done within 15 minutes to 1 hour, depending on clients’ needs. Before your treatment, our doctors recommend avoiding anti-inflammatory drugs (Motrin, Advil, Ibuprofen, etc.), aspirin, vitamin E, ginseng, and gingko biloba for 1 week to help prevent possible bruising. The dermal filler treatments at our clinic will involve topical freezing to make the procedure comfortable and simple. Most injectable filler products on the market today also contain lidocaine, which is a freezing agent that adds additional comfort during the procedure. With this dual approach, our patients can enjoy a comfortable experience. The results with dermal fillers are visible immediately, which is wonderful for the patient’s instant gratification.
Dermal fillers can involve minor swelling and sometimes minimal bruising. The swelling usually peaks within the first 24 hours. Some patients don’t mind the swelling and continue on with their day as per normal. Some patients will experience mild swelling for up to 7 to 10 days. Both of these effects are considered absolutely normal and will subside and resolve shortly. If you tend to bruise, our doctors recommend taking a homeopathic remedy such as arnica, which is available at most drug stores. It is available in oral form prior to your appointment and can also be applied topically after. Patients can resume normal activity, including regular exercising, after treatments. However, it is best to wait 2 weeks before or after a non-surgical laser treatment before receiving an injectable filler treatment.
Where Can Dermal Filler Be Used?
Our clinic uses injectable filler to create a unified, seamless appearance on the face. Through their skilled techniques, our experienced injectors use dermal filler in all of the following areas:
- Lip augmentation (as known as lip plumping)
- Non-surgical nose job (nose filler) to create a beautiful profile or a bridge without rhinoplasty surgery
- Cheeks to create the illusion of contoured cheekbones and to restore volume where it has been lost
- To treat fine lines and wrinkles around the mouth (marionette lines, smoker’s lines)
- Nasolabial folds (the larger lines extending down from the sides of the mouth and cheeks)
- Temples, where hollowing has occurred
- Chin area to create volume and definition in structure where the chin might be lacking
- Jaw line
- Under the eyes, where hollowing may also be creating a tired, aged look
How Long Does Dermal Filler Last?
*Facial injectable fillers typically last anywhere from 6 months to 18 months, depending on where the vials are injected.* Lip augmentation or lip plumping typically lasts only 6 months since we are eating and talking and constantly moving our mouths; therefore, the hyaluronic acid is metabolized at a much faster rate. Dermal filler will last longer in other areas of the face that do not move so often.* Voluma, Volift, and Volbella are clinically proven to be the longest-lasting dermal fillers on the market today at approximately 18 months.* Teosyal products such as Teosyal Global, Teosyal Kiss and Teosyal Ultimate are known to last 12 to 18 months before the hyaluronic acid is metabolized. Products such as Juvéderm, Perlane, and Restylane will last anywhere from 6 to 9 months, depending on the facial area they are injected into. Another wonderful feature of hyaluronic dermal filler is that it is reversible and biodegradable. If any patient is unsatisfied with their final results, a product called hyaluronidaise can be used to quickly melt the injectable filler, and the patient will return to their pre-injection appearance within an hour. The use of this is very rare and usually stems from a patient needing to correct what an inexperienced injector has done.
Dermal Filler Cost
Dermal filler cost is always a consideration. In Toronto, dermal filler brands give people a lot of flexibility in filler prices as there is a wide range of facial fillers available. Dermal filler price can be dependant upon the longevity of the product. Some fillers, such as the popular Juvéderm or Restylane brand, last only 5 to 6 months. Others such as Volumalift or Volbella have been shown to last as long as 18 months. The longer lasting the filler is, the higher the filler cost. Another factor that can influence the dermal filler cost is the experience of the injector. Dermal filler deals and deep discounts on filler prices may be a reflection of an inexperienced injector trying to build a client base and gain more practice. When it comes to your face, we firmly believe that only the best will do. That’s why at our Toronto clinic, we have only qualified medical professionals injecting facial filler for our clients. As of 2015, it may mean that our injectable filler price is between $700 and $850 per syringe (price subject to change), but it also means that you can trust that great results will be achieved and you will not have major complications often associated with Toronto injectors who are less qualified.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
Factors Affecting Dermal Filler Cost
Also influencing dermal filler cost is the specialization of the product used. In today’s growing cosmetic industry, dermal fillers are becoming more custom and tailored for specific areas of the face. The popular European injectable filler brand, Teosyal has several such award-winning dermal fillers: Redensity II is targeted for the undereye area to combat dark circles. Teosyal Kiss is a lip filler that is a great balance between softness and structure to give a kissable lip enhancement. Teosyal Ultimate is a dermal filler that carries a lot of structure to help correct deep lines and wrinkles. Depending on the type of augmentation you are looking for, a specific injectable filler could be used. Some of these dermal fillers cost more than others depending on the filler brand you choose and the facial area of concern. If you are focused on the eyes, lips, or nose, the dermal fillers price is going to run between $700 and $850, as these types of filler injections are more complex. If you are looking for cheek volume to add contouring angles, you would be looking at a dermal filler cost running from $600 to $700, as there are many options for this more simple type of filler injection. Please note, these dermal filler prices are general guidelines as of 2015 and are subject to change over time.
With an incredible range of dermal fillers available to choose from, our injectors can quickly and easily redefine facial contours, replace lost volume, and restore a more youthful look – naturally and non-surgically. The best dermal fillers on the market today are created with a hyaluronic acid (HA) base: a safe, naturally-occurring sugar already created by our bodies. Hyaluronic acid is found throughout our body in our connective and neural tissues in places such as our joints and eyes. This mean that hyaluronic acid dermal fillers are considered extremely low-risk with minimal complications. Injectable fillers with hyaluronic acid are naturally metabolized over time and disappear from our bodies in a safe way. Dermal filler is also safe to use with all skin types and is popular among men and women alike.
Dermal Filler Deals
Some of the more standard original filler brands, such as Juvéderm and Restylane, will also be priced lower if you are looking for a dermal filler deal. This is because they do not last as long as the more advanced filler products that have come onto the Canadian market in more recent years. That being said, Health Canada has a stringent protocol for dermal filler approval, so as long as the dermal filler you choose is approved by Health Canada, you know it is a safe and quality tested product. If you have any other questions regarding dermal filler cost and dermal filler brands, we would love to hear from you! Please contact our Toronto clinic over the phone or through email. We would be happy to discuss filler prices and the types of filler for the face with you personally.
- 10 Things You Are Going To Wish You Knew Before Getting Lip Fillers In Toronto
- 4 Of The Most Common Myths About Dermal Fillers In Toronto
- 5 Surprising Facts about Dermal Fillers
- About V2 Microneedling Beauty Booster Treatments with Redensity [l]
- Benefits of Injectable Fillers
- Best Injectable Fillers in Canada
- Best Lip Filler Treatment
- Botox, Fillers, And Other Cosmetic Procedures For Skin Rejuvenation
- Can Laser Resurfacing And Wrinkle Fillers Be Combined?
- Choosing The Right Type Of Dermal Filler
- Dermal Filler for Contouring the Face
- Dermal Filler For Nasolabial Folds And Smile Lines
- Dermal Fillers And Jawline Contouring
- Dermal Fillers: A Secret Skin-Rejuvenation Weapon
- Dermal Fillers: Your Top 10 Questions About This Popular Anti-Aging Trend
- Do I Need A Facelift, Skin Tightening, Or Fillers?
- Enhance Your Beauty by Preserving Facial Dynamism: Using Teosyal for Facial Rejuvenation
- Everything You Need To Know About Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty (Nose Job)
- Face the Facts – Top 5 Dermal Filler Facts
- Facial Fillers in Your 20s, 30s, 40s, and Up
- Facial Fillers: Frequently Asked Questions
- Facial Fillers: Know The Difference
- Fillers For Acne Scars: 10 Essential Facts To Understand
- How Can Dermal Filler in Toronto Make You Look Youthful and Vibrant?
- Juvederm Toronto - Dermal Filler By Dr. Torgerson
- Lip Filler/Augmentation Techniques
- Lip Injections: Rise In Popularity
- Maintaining Your Facial Expressiveness Using the New Teosyal RHA Filler
- Perlane Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Popular Cosmetic Procedures For Men
- Potential Side Effects of Teosyal Dermal Fillers
- PRP Treatments Toronto
- Radiesse Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Reasons People Choose Dermal Filler
- Restylane Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Rich Face
- Risks Associated with Injectable Fillers
- Seven Myths about Lip Filler in Toronto
- Skin Rejuvenation With Dermal Fillers: Do’s And Don’ts
- Teosyal – What Is It and How Does It Work?
- Teosyal Pen
- Teosyal Redensity I
- Teosyal Redensity I Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Teosyal Redensity II
- Teosyal RHA
- Teosyal RHA Dynamic Fillers
- Teosyal Ultimate
- Teosyal Ultra Deep
- Teosyal Versus Juvéderm And Restylane
- Teoxane Cosmeceuticals
- The Best Dermal Filler in Toronto : What’s Right For You?
- The Best Ways To Treat Vertical Lines (Smoker Lines) Around the Mouth
- The Lip Filler Phenomenon
- The Most Common & Uncommon Uses of Dermal Fillers in Toronto
- Things to Know If You’re Considering Dermal Fillers
- Tips For Reducing Swelling & Bruising After Dermal Filler Procedure
- Top Health And Beauty Trends Of 2017
- Toronto Dermal Filler: How Is It Different from Botox?
- Toronto Lip Filler: A Definitive Guide
- Toronto Lip Filler: Why the Look Went from Puffy to Perfect
- Types of Dermal Fillers
- Types of Injectable Fillers
- Using Injectable Fillers To Rejuvenate Skin Non-Surgically
- V2 Microneedling Beauty Booster
- Volbella - Lip Filler By Dr. Torgerson
- Voluma Lift - By Dr. Torgerson
- What are Perfect Lips?
- What Are Teosyal Fillers?
- What is a Liquid Facelift?
- What Is Teosyal Kiss?
- What Is the Best Injectable Filler for Under Eye Hollows?
- What It's Really Like To Get Lip Injections For The First Time
- What to Do After Lip Injections
- What’s Best For Crow's Feet And Facial Lines?
- Which Dermal Fillers Are Best For The Cheeks?
- Which Dermal Fillers Work Best?
- Why Choose Teosyal?
- Why Different Fillers For Different Areas On The Face?
- Wrinkle Treatment
- Wrinkles and Fillers: Collagen And Other Types