5 Surprising Facts about Dermal Fillers
It is not surprising that many individuals want to reverse the ageing process and restore a youthful appearance
It is not surprising that many individuals want to reverse the ageing process and have tried a number of treatments, including natural, non-surgical, and surgical procedures, to achieve and restore a youthful appearance. Neurotoxins (i.e.: Botox) used to be the go-to procedure for anyone from celebrities to the average working class man and woman, but now the popularity of dermal fillers is on the rise, and everyone wants to know more about them! Here are 5 surprising facts about dermal fillers that you will want to know.
1.Some Dermal Fillers Are Natural
Collagen and hyaluronic acid occur naturally within the body. They are also naturally derived dermal fillers that are on the market today. Hyaluronic acid (HA) was approved by the U.S Food and Drug Administration in 2003 as a dermal filler. Collagen fillers were approved by the FDA in 1981. The patient can also use their own natural filler, that is, fat taken from other areas of the body (typically, the flank and love handles). It is then injected into the areas that a patient needs to fill out or smooth.
2. Dermal Fillers Are Usually Temporary
Dermal fillers last anywhere from 5 to 18 months, depending on the brand of product and where it is injected. The body can safely break them down and absorb them, so they are ideal for patients who worry about not being satisfied with the outcome. Combining dermal fillers with Botox can help maximize the duration of the result.
3. Not Just For The Face
Dermal fillers have other uses. For example, there are types of fillers that can be injected into the hands to smooth wrinkles and hide veins, and other types that can even be used on droopy earlobes to fill them out so women can wear bigger and heavier earrings.
4. It’s Becoming Increasingly Popular Amongst Men
Men are requesting dermal fillers more than ever before. The use of injectable fillers in men grew 6% in 2015. The difference between men and women is that men are usually treated with non HA fillers to avoid looking puffy and to achieve a more chiselled appearance.
5. Dermal Fillers Stimulate Collagen Growth
Nothing will ever stop the body from losing its natural collagen, but dermal fillers do have the ability to slow the depletion process. Over time, some brands of dermal fillers will even stimulate the growth of collagen at the site of injection. This will result in patients who require less treatment and product over time to achieve the same look.
Dermal fillers have become a great option for many men and women who want to restore the look of youth without costly and invasive procedures. Dermal fillers are not long lasting, and they are non invasive, which makes them a popular option for most people to try at least once to see if they are the right fit. It is also very hard to “overdo it”, and the risk of looking like you have had a procedure is very low. It will simply improve the natural appearance by smoothing out wrinkles, not dramatically change the face.
To decide if dermal fillers are right for your aesthetic goals and to restore a youthful and energetic appearance, contact our clinic to book a consultation with one of our doctors. Our team is available to answer your questions and inquiries. Please call 647-343-0207.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- 10 Things You Are Going To Wish You Knew Before Getting Lip Fillers In Toronto
- 4 Of The Most Common Myths About Dermal Fillers In Toronto
- 5 Surprising Facts about Dermal Fillers
- About V2 Microneedling Beauty Booster Treatments with Redensity [l]
- Benefits of Injectable Fillers
- Best Injectable Fillers in Canada
- Best Lip Filler Treatment
- Botox, Fillers, And Other Cosmetic Procedures For Skin Rejuvenation
- Can Laser Resurfacing And Wrinkle Fillers Be Combined?
- Choosing The Right Type Of Dermal Filler
- Dermal Filler for Contouring the Face
- Dermal Filler For Nasolabial Folds And Smile Lines
- Dermal Fillers And Jawline Contouring
- Dermal Fillers: A Secret Skin-Rejuvenation Weapon
- Dermal Fillers: Your Top 10 Questions About This Popular Anti-Aging Trend
- Do I Need A Facelift, Skin Tightening, Or Fillers?
- Enhance Your Beauty by Preserving Facial Dynamism: Using Teosyal for Facial Rejuvenation
- Everything You Need To Know About Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty (Nose Job)
- Face the Facts – Top 5 Dermal Filler Facts
- Facial Fillers in Your 20s, 30s, 40s, and Up
- Facial Fillers: Frequently Asked Questions
- Facial Fillers: Know The Difference
- Fillers For Acne Scars: 10 Essential Facts To Understand
- How Can Dermal Filler in Toronto Make You Look Youthful and Vibrant?
- Juvederm Toronto - Dermal Filler By Dr. Torgerson
- Lip Filler/Augmentation Techniques
- Lip Injections: Rise In Popularity
- Maintaining Your Facial Expressiveness Using the New Teosyal RHA Filler
- Perlane Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Popular Cosmetic Procedures For Men
- Potential Side Effects of Teosyal Dermal Fillers
- PRP Treatments Toronto
- Radiesse Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Reasons People Choose Dermal Filler
- Restylane Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Rich Face
- Risks Associated with Injectable Fillers
- Seven Myths about Lip Filler in Toronto
- Skin Rejuvenation With Dermal Fillers: Do’s And Don’ts
- Teosyal – What Is It and How Does It Work?
- Teosyal Pen
- Teosyal Redensity I
- Teosyal Redensity I Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Teosyal Redensity II
- Teosyal RHA
- Teosyal RHA Dynamic Fillers
- Teosyal Ultimate
- Teosyal Ultra Deep
- Teosyal Versus Juvéderm And Restylane
- Teoxane Cosmeceuticals
- The Best Dermal Filler in Toronto : What’s Right For You?
- The Best Ways To Treat Vertical Lines (Smoker Lines) Around the Mouth
- The Lip Filler Phenomenon
- The Most Common & Uncommon Uses of Dermal Fillers in Toronto
- Things to Know If You’re Considering Dermal Fillers
- Tips For Reducing Swelling & Bruising After Dermal Filler Procedure
- Top Health And Beauty Trends Of 2017
- Toronto Dermal Filler: How Is It Different from Botox?
- Toronto Lip Filler: A Definitive Guide
- Toronto Lip Filler: Why the Look Went from Puffy to Perfect
- Types of Dermal Fillers
- Types of Injectable Fillers
- Using Injectable Fillers To Rejuvenate Skin Non-Surgically
- V2 Microneedling Beauty Booster
- Volbella - Lip Filler By Dr. Torgerson
- Voluma Lift - By Dr. Torgerson
- What are Perfect Lips?
- What Are Teosyal Fillers?
- What is a Liquid Facelift?
- What Is Teosyal Kiss?
- What Is the Best Injectable Filler for Under Eye Hollows?
- What It's Really Like To Get Lip Injections For The First Time
- What to Do After Lip Injections
- What’s Best For Crow's Feet And Facial Lines?
- Which Dermal Fillers Are Best For The Cheeks?
- Which Dermal Fillers Work Best?
- Why Choose Teosyal?
- Why Different Fillers For Different Areas On The Face?
- Wrinkle Treatment
- Wrinkles and Fillers: Collagen And Other Types
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.