5 Surprising Facts about Dermal Fillers
It is not surprising that many individuals want to reverse the ageing process and restore a youthful appearance
It is not surprising that many individuals want to reverse the ageing process and have tried a number of treatments, including natural, non-surgical, and surgical procedures, to achieve and restore a youthful appearance. Neurotoxins (i.e.: Botox) used to be the go-to procedure for anyone from celebrities to the average working class man and woman, but now the popularity of dermal fillers is on the rise, and everyone wants to know more about them! Here are 5 surprising facts about dermal fillers that you will want to know.
1.Some Dermal Fillers Are Natural
Collagen and hyaluronic acid occur naturally within the body. They are also naturally derived dermal fillers that are on the market today. Hyaluronic acid (HA) was approved by the U.S Food and Drug Administration in 2003 as a dermal filler. Collagen fillers were approved by the FDA in 1981. The patient can also use their own natural filler, that is, fat taken from other areas of the body (typically, the flank and love handles). It is then injected into the areas that a patient needs to fill out or smooth.
2. Dermal Fillers Are Usually Temporary
Dermal fillers last anywhere from 5 to 18 months, depending on the brand of product and where it is injected. The body can safely break them down and absorb them, so they are ideal for patients who worry about not being satisfied with the outcome. Combining dermal fillers with Botox can help maximize the duration of the result.
3. Not Just For The Face
Dermal fillers have other uses. For example, there are types of fillers that can be injected into the hands to smooth wrinkles and hide veins, and other types that can even be used on droopy earlobes to fill them out so women can wear bigger and heavier earrings.
4. It’s Becoming Increasingly Popular Amongst Men
Men are requesting dermal fillers more than ever before. The use of injectable fillers in men grew 6% in 2015. The difference between men and women is that men are usually treated with non HA fillers to avoid looking puffy and to achieve a more chiselled appearance.
5. Dermal Fillers Stimulate Collagen Growth
Nothing will ever stop the body from losing its natural collagen, but dermal fillers do have the ability to slow the depletion process. Over time, some brands of dermal fillers will even stimulate the growth of collagen at the site of injection. This will result in patients who require less treatment and product over time to achieve the same look.
Dermal fillers have become a great option for many men and women who want to restore the look of youth without costly and invasive procedures. Dermal fillers are not long lasting, and they are non invasive, which makes them a popular option for most people to try at least once to see if they are the right fit. It is also very hard to “overdo it”, and the risk of looking like you have had a procedure is very low. It will simply improve the natural appearance by smoothing out wrinkles, not dramatically change the face.
To decide if dermal fillers are right for your aesthetic goals and to restore a youthful and energetic appearance, contact our clinic to book a consultation with one of our doctors. Our team is available to answer your questions and inquiries. Please call 647-343-0207.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- 10 Things You Are Going To Wish You Knew Before Getting Lip Fillers In Toronto
- Toronto Lip Filler : A Definitive Guide
- The Most Common & Uncommon Uses of Dermal Fillers in Toronto
- The Best Dermal Filler in Toronto : What’s Right For You?
- Seven Myths about Lip Filler in Toronto
- 4 Of The Most Common Myths About Dermal Fillers In Toronto
- Dermal Filler for Contouring the Face
- How Can Dermal Filler in Toronto Make You Look Youthful and Vibrant?
- Toronto Dermal Filler: How Is It Different from Botox?
- Lip Filler/Augmentation Techniques
- Things to Know If You’re Considering Dermal Fillers
- Wrinkles and Fillers: Collagen And Other Types
- Choosing The Right Type Of Dermal Filler
- The Lip Filler Phenomenon
- Why Choose Teosyal?
- Risks Associated with Injectable Fillers
- Reasons People Choose Dermal Filler
- Restylane Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- What is a Liquid Facelift?
- Voluma Lift - By Dr. Torgerson
- Teosyal Pen
- What’s Best For Crow's Feet And Facial Lines?
- Juvederm Toronto - Dermal Filler By Dr. Torgerson
- Teosyal RHA
- Maintaining Your Facial Expressiveness Using the New Teosyal RHA Filler
- What Is The Best Injectable Filler For Under Eye Hollows?
- Teosyal Redensity I
- Face the Facts – Top 5 Dermal Filler Facts
- Do I Need A Facelift, Skin Tightening, Or Fillers?
- Fillers For Acne Scars: 10 Essential Facts To Understand
- Facial Fillers: Know The Difference
- What are Perfect Lips?
- Benefits of Injectable Fillers
- Best Lip Filler Treatment
- Which Dermal Fillers Work Best?
- Teosyal Versus Juvéderm And Restylane
- Types of Injectable Fillers
- Potential Side Effects of Teosyal Dermal Fillers
- Skin Rejuvenation With Dermal Fillers: Do’s And Don’ts
- What It's Really Like To Get Lip Injections For The First Time
- Dermal Filler For Nasolabial Folds And Smile Lines
- 5 Surprising Facts about Dermal Fillers
- Radiesse Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Volbella - Lip Filler By Dr. Torgerson
- Teosyal Redensity II
- The Best Ways To Treat Vertical Lines (Smoker Lines) Around the Mouth
- Popular Cosmetic Procedures For Men
- Everything You Need To Know About Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty (Nose Job)
- Top Health And Beauty Trends Of 2017
- Which Dermal Fillers Are Best For The Cheeks?
- Types of Dermal Fillers
- Tips For Reducing Swelling & Bruising After Dermal Filler Procedure
- Perlane Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Facial Fillers: Frequently Asked Questions
- Dermal Fillers And Jawline Contouring
- About V2 Microneedling Beauty Booster Treatments with Redensity [l]
- V2 Microneedling Beauty Booster
- Rich Face
- Why Different Fillers For Different Areas On The Face?
- Teosyal Redensity I Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Dermal Fillers: Your Top 10 Questions About This Popular Anti-Aging Trend
- Dermal Fillers: A Secret Skin-Rejuvenation Weapon
- Teosyal – What Is It and How Does It Work?
- Enhance Your Beauty by Preserving Facial Dynamism: Using Teosyal for Facial Rejuvenation
- What Is Teosyal Kiss?
- Selphyl Toronto
- Can Laser Resurfacing And Wrinkle Fillers Be Combined?
- What to Do After Lip Injections
- Lip Injections: Rise In Popularity
- Teoxane Cosmeceuticals
- Teosyal RHA Dynamic Fillers
- Botox, Fillers, And Other Cosmetic Procedures For Skin Rejuvenation
- Facial Fillers in Your 20s, 30s, 40s, and Up
- Teosyal Ultimate
- Teosyal Ultra Deep
- Best Injectable Fillers in Canada
- Wrinkle Treatment
- What Are Teosyal Fillers?
- Using Injectable Fillers To Rejuvenate Skin Non-Surgically
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.