Botox, Fillers, And Other Cosmetic Procedures For Skin Rejuvenation
With so many non-surgical skin rejuvenation options out there, it can be confusing to understand how each one works and impossible to decide which one is the best
Here are some of the most common cosmetic procedures that will leave you looking refreshed without going under the knife. The best way to determine which one is best for you is to schedule a consultation with an expert in the field of facial cosmetic procedures such as Dr. Cory Torgerson, who would be more than happy to answer all your questions and concerns about these procedures. Call Dr. Torgerson’s office at (647) 343-0207 today!
BOTOX & FILLERS FOR SKIN REJUVENATION
We often get wrinkles on our faces that match our patterns of muscle movement—lines next to our eyes from smiling a lot. Botox works to paralyze those muscles, causing wrinkles to soften and disappear. It’s made from a neurotoxin that’s produced by a bacteria called Clostridium botulinum, otherwise known as botulinum toxin. Botox helps blocks signals between your nerves and your muscles, preventing the muscles from contracting. When this happens, it can relax lines on the forehead, crow’s-feet around the eyes, as well as frown lines. A Botox treatment is quick and easy, taking only a few minutes to complete. Patients will usually notice the full effects of the treatment in 3 to 7 days.
For deeper lines or creases, dermal fillers may be a good option to smooth your skin. There are various kinds of dermal fillers that range from temporary (they last for 6 months to a year) to long lasting (lasting for several years). There are various brands of dermal fillers for different areas of your face and body.
Hyaluronic acid fillers replace or mimic the hyaluronic acid that your body produces naturally. This substance helps make our skin look full and tight, but its levels reduce as we get older. Juvéderm is one type of hyaluronic acid filler. It’s also infused with lidocaine, making your treatment much more comfortable. Juvéderm lasts up to 6 months. Another filler, Restylane, mimics hyaluronic acid and lasts for up to 5 to 6 months. Teosyal is another excellent line of dermal fillers that are cross-linked for longevity and can often last 2 to 3 months longer than Restylane or Juvederm. All of these fillers work very well for smile lines around the eyes, creases beside the nose, as well as fine “lipstick lines” around the mouth.
Other Cosmetic Procedures For Skin Rejuvenation
Teosyal makes an entire product line of hyaluronic acid dermal fillers that are specialized for different areas of your face. If you need a plumping effect for the hollows just underneath your eyes, Teosyal Redensity II can help you look more rested and refreshed. To plump up thin lips or smoothing out lipstick lines, Teosyal Kiss is a wonderful solution.
Some people like to opt for more natural skin-rejuvenation options. For them, treatments such as Radiesse or Selphyl and Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) therapy may be good options. Radiesse is a filler that helps stimulate your body’s natural collagen production. When the Radiesse gel is first injected, it plumps and fills, but over time, it is absorbed by your body, and the natural collagen takes over. Selphyl and Platelet Rich Plasma therapy involves drawing and preparing the patient’s own blood before re-injecting it into areas that need to be treated. Like Radiesse, Selphyl and PRP therapy encourage your body to create its own collagen.
Ultherapy uses ultrasound technology to penetrate and raise the temperature just beneath the skin. This helps tighten and lift saggy skin, improving the skin tone around your neck and chin and providing a lift around your eyebrow area. It’s also helpful to lift and tighten the skin of the chest and décolletage. Depending on the patient, Ultherapy can deliver results right away, but the best results will be seen over the 2 or 3 months after the treatment is performed. It is approved by Health Canada and the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and is safe with no downtime.
CO2 Laser Treatment
For the ultimate skin rejuvenation, CO2 laser treatment is an ideal non-surgical solution. It uses directed pulses of energy to resurface the skin, removing sun and age spots, superficial scars, blemishes, irregular patches in the skin, and large pores. CO2 laser treatment has the added benefit of lifting and tightening the skin, erasing wrinkles, and giving patients a more youthful, rested appearance. Treatment with a CO2 laser will require 2 to 3 days to recover, as it typically causes treated skin to become pink, swollen, and mildly painful.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- Toronto Lip Filler: Why the Look Went from Puffy to Perfect
- Voluma Lift - By Dr. Torgerson
- Selphyl Toronto
- Volbella - Lip Filler By Dr. Torgerson
- Teosyal Ultimate
- Teosyal Redensity I Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Restylane Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Perlane Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Teosyal RHA Dynamic Fillers
- Radiesse Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Juvederm Toronto - Dermal Filler By Dr. Torgerson
- Why Choose Teosyal?
- Wrinkles and Fillers: Collagen And Other Types
- Why Different Fillers For Different Areas On The Face?
- Wrinkle Treatment
- Which Dermal Fillers Work Best?
- Which Dermal Fillers Are Best For The Cheeks?
- What to Do After Lip Injections
- What’s Best For Crow's Feet And Facial Lines?
- What It's Really Like To Get Lip Injections For The First Time
- What Is Teosyal Kiss?
- What Is The Best Injectable Filler For Under Eye Hollows?
- What is a Liquid Facelift?
- V2 Microneedling Beauty Booster
- What Are Teosyal Fillers?
- What are Perfect Lips?
- Types of Dermal Fillers
- Types of Injectable Fillers
- Using Injectable Fillers To Rejuvenate Skin Non-Surgically
- Toronto Lip Filler : A Definitive Guide
- Toronto Dermal Filler: How Is It Different from Botox?
- Top Health And Beauty Trends Of 2017
- Things to Know If You’re Considering Dermal Fillers
- Tips For Reducing Swelling & Bruising After Dermal Filler Procedure
- The Most Common & Uncommon Uses of Dermal Fillers in Toronto
- The Lip Filler Phenomenon
- The Best Ways To Treat Vertical Lines (Smoker Lines) Around the Mouth
- The Best Dermal Filler in Toronto : What’s Right For You?
- Teoxane Cosmeceuticals
- Teosyal Redensity I
- Teosyal Redensity II
- Teosyal Ultra Deep
- Teosyal – What Is It and How Does It Work?
- Teosyal Pen
- Teosyal Versus Juvéderm And Restylane
- Teosyal RHA
- Skin Rejuvenation With Dermal Fillers: Do’s And Don’ts
- Seven Myths about Lip Filler in Toronto
- Risks Associated with Injectable Fillers
- Rich Face
- Popular Cosmetic Procedures For Men
- Potential Side Effects of Teosyal Dermal Fillers
- Reasons People Choose Dermal Filler
- Lip Injections: Rise In Popularity
- Maintaining Your Facial Expressiveness Using the New Teosyal RHA Filler
- Lip Filler/Augmentation Techniques
- How Can Dermal Filler in Toronto Make You Look Youthful and Vibrant?
- Facial Fillers: Frequently Asked Questions
- Facial Fillers: Know The Difference
- Facial Fillers in Your 20s, 30s, 40s, and Up
- Fillers For Acne Scars: 10 Essential Facts To Understand
- Face the Facts – Top 5 Dermal Filler Facts
- Everything You Need To Know About Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty (Nose Job)
- Enhance Your Beauty by Preserving Facial Dynamism: Using Teosyal for Facial Rejuvenation
- Do I Need A Facelift, Skin Tightening, Or Fillers?
- Dermal Filler For Nasolabial Folds And Smile Lines
- Dermal Fillers: Your Top 10 Questions About This Popular Anti-Aging Trend
- Dermal Fillers And Jawline Contouring
- Dermal Fillers: A Secret Skin-Rejuvenation Weapon
- Dermal Filler for Contouring the Face
- Choosing The Right Type Of Dermal Filler
- Can Laser Resurfacing And Wrinkle Fillers Be Combined?
- Botox, Fillers, And Other Cosmetic Procedures For Skin Rejuvenation
- Best Lip Filler Treatment
- Benefits of Injectable Fillers
- Best Injectable Fillers in Canada
- About V2 Microneedling Beauty Booster Treatments with Redensity [l]
- 10 Things You Are Going To Wish You Knew Before Getting Lip Fillers In Toronto
- 4 Of The Most Common Myths About Dermal Fillers In Toronto
- 5 Surprising Facts about Dermal Fillers
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.