Choosing The Right Type Of Dermal Filler
The best way to determine the type of filler
Consulting a medical doctor who is skilled and qualified in the rejuvenation of facial treatments is the best way to choose the filler that is suitable for your skin condition and the areas you are seeking to improve. At our clinic, we offer complimentary consultations for new patients at our downtown Yorkville Facial Cosmetic Plastic Surgery Clinic. Patients who are interested in facial rejuvenation can obtain valuable information at a one-on-one consultation to discuss their anti-ageing options in treating fine lines and wrinkles on the face, neck, and hands.
Types Of Fillers
The Quickest Method To Achieve Facial Rejuvenation
Our doctors offer non-invasive wrinkle treatments for their patients who are interested in achieving a refreshed appearance of their face without any downtime. The innovation in facial fillers has been sophisticatedly progressing with biotech companies formulating target-specific filler products for the face. Filler products that are categorically formulated for independent injection sites demonstrate many advantages over the all-in-one filler products that we have seen before (e.g. Juvéderm).
Choosing the right type of filler is equally as important as choosing the physician who performs the injections. Many factors come into consideration when choosing the right type of filler. Some of the key elements that are instrumental in the decision process of selecting the right type of dermal filler product include the following.
The price of dermal fillers can vary quite a bit. Establishing a cost and budget plan will ease the concerns that some people may have in regard to the price. It can also help patients avoid any unexpected costs. Building a budgetary plan helps the physician determine the best type of filler treatment based on the amount of product required and how it can be distributed to the areas of concern.
The longevity of the dermal filler is usually closely related to the cost of the injections. Dermal fillers that last longer periods (6 months and over) tend to have higher associated costs, as the product remains in the skin for a longer period of time. Fillers that last longer than the average 3- to 6-month range contain higher cross-linking properties. Cross-linking properties are the chemical and mechanical properties that occur underneath the skin, which produces the anti-aging results seen in the skin when filler products are injected into the dermis.
Dermal Filler Treatments
The area(s) of treatment are also important when selecting the right type of filler product. Single treatment areas like the lips, eyes, or cheeks allow for the election of area-specific products. Teosyal by Teoxane offers an extensive range of products like Teosyal Kiss, which is specifically formulated for the delicate lip area. Teosyal also has Redensity l or ll for the eye area. The Teosyal product range is our doctors’ preferred choice of dermal fillers because Teosyal dermal fillers contain hyaluronic acid compounds that are specifically formulated for exclusive areas on the face.
The condition of the skin prior to injection will regulate the amount of dermal filler that will be required along with the injection techniques that will be exercised by our doctors. The depth of wrinkles along with the patient’s age and lifestyle are determining factors in selecting the appropriate filler product for patients. Other factors include sun damage, irregularities like pigmentation, discoloration, moles, scars, and other visible signs of skin damage. These all play a role in which treatments should be used.
Dermal fillers are an ongoing anti-ageing regimen. Patients who regularly maintain their filler injections in a timely manner consequently end up with natural results with long-lasting effects. One of the most important elements in maintaining consistent dermal filler results is to have the treated area re-injected prior to the product being fully absorbed by the body. Typically, 4 weeks prior to the “lasting” period is ideal for the re-injection of pre-existing sites. For example, if your lip filler product lasts 6 months, then it is advisable to schedule a follow up appointment to get re-injected at about 5 months after the initial injection. People who regularly receive dermal fillers will require less product overtime because the body will become accustomed to the increased production of collagen and will continue to produce extra collagen to support the areas that have been injected with dermal fillers.
Another component in the selection process of dermal fillers is the physician performing the treatment. Some plastic surgeons or doctors have a type of injectable that they prefer to use for their patients. Our doctors believe in the quality of Teoxane’s Teosyal dermal filler product line, so that is why it is our preferred choice in dermal fillers for patients at our Toronto Facial Cosmetic Plastic Surgery Clinic. If you are interested in facial fillers or in maintaining your existing filler injections, contact our office for a complimentary consultation with one of our cosmetic doctors!
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- Toronto Lip Filler: Why the Look Went from Puffy to Perfect
- Voluma Lift - By Dr. Torgerson
- Selphyl Toronto
- Volbella - Lip Filler By Dr. Torgerson
- Teosyal Ultimate
- Teosyal Redensity I Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Restylane Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Perlane Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Teosyal RHA Dynamic Fillers
- Radiesse Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Juvederm Toronto - Dermal Filler By Dr. Torgerson
- Why Choose Teosyal?
- Wrinkles and Fillers: Collagen And Other Types
- Why Different Fillers For Different Areas On The Face?
- Wrinkle Treatment
- Which Dermal Fillers Work Best?
- Which Dermal Fillers Are Best For The Cheeks?
- What to Do After Lip Injections
- What’s Best For Crow's Feet And Facial Lines?
- What It's Really Like To Get Lip Injections For The First Time
- What Is Teosyal Kiss?
- What Is The Best Injectable Filler For Under Eye Hollows?
- What is a Liquid Facelift?
- V2 Microneedling Beauty Booster
- What Are Teosyal Fillers?
- What are Perfect Lips?
- Types of Dermal Fillers
- Types of Injectable Fillers
- Using Injectable Fillers To Rejuvenate Skin Non-Surgically
- Toronto Lip Filler : A Definitive Guide
- Toronto Dermal Filler: How Is It Different from Botox?
- Top Health And Beauty Trends Of 2017
- Things to Know If You’re Considering Dermal Fillers
- Tips For Reducing Swelling & Bruising After Dermal Filler Procedure
- The Most Common & Uncommon Uses of Dermal Fillers in Toronto
- The Lip Filler Phenomenon
- The Best Ways To Treat Vertical Lines (Smoker Lines) Around the Mouth
- The Best Dermal Filler in Toronto : What’s Right For You?
- Teoxane Cosmeceuticals
- Teosyal Redensity I
- Teosyal Redensity II
- Teosyal Ultra Deep
- Teosyal – What Is It and How Does It Work?
- Teosyal Pen
- Teosyal Versus Juvéderm And Restylane
- Teosyal RHA
- Skin Rejuvenation With Dermal Fillers: Do’s And Don’ts
- Seven Myths about Lip Filler in Toronto
- Risks Associated with Injectable Fillers
- Rich Face
- Popular Cosmetic Procedures For Men
- Potential Side Effects of Teosyal Dermal Fillers
- Reasons People Choose Dermal Filler
- Lip Injections: Rise In Popularity
- Maintaining Your Facial Expressiveness Using the New Teosyal RHA Filler
- Lip Filler/Augmentation Techniques
- How Can Dermal Filler in Toronto Make You Look Youthful and Vibrant?
- Facial Fillers: Frequently Asked Questions
- Facial Fillers: Know The Difference
- Facial Fillers in Your 20s, 30s, 40s, and Up
- Fillers For Acne Scars: 10 Essential Facts To Understand
- Face the Facts – Top 5 Dermal Filler Facts
- Everything You Need To Know About Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty (Nose Job)
- Enhance Your Beauty by Preserving Facial Dynamism: Using Teosyal for Facial Rejuvenation
- Do I Need A Facelift, Skin Tightening, Or Fillers?
- Dermal Filler For Nasolabial Folds And Smile Lines
- Dermal Fillers: Your Top 10 Questions About This Popular Anti-Aging Trend
- Dermal Fillers And Jawline Contouring
- Dermal Fillers: A Secret Skin-Rejuvenation Weapon
- Dermal Filler for Contouring the Face
- Choosing The Right Type Of Dermal Filler
- Can Laser Resurfacing And Wrinkle Fillers Be Combined?
- Botox, Fillers, And Other Cosmetic Procedures For Skin Rejuvenation
- Best Lip Filler Treatment
- Benefits of Injectable Fillers
- Best Injectable Fillers in Canada
- About V2 Microneedling Beauty Booster Treatments with Redensity [l]
- 10 Things You Are Going To Wish You Knew Before Getting Lip Fillers In Toronto
- 4 Of The Most Common Myths About Dermal Fillers In Toronto
- 5 Surprising Facts about Dermal Fillers
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.