Dermal Fillers: A Secret Skin-Rejuvenation Weapon
As we age, it’s normal to start seeing the signs on our skin, from laugh lines around our eyes to fine lines radiating out from our lip area
You may also notice creases and folds in places like the area that runs from the side of your nose down to your mouth, for instance. Areas that once looked full and plump begin to lose fat, and you may see hollowing and a loss of volume in the contours underneath your cheekbones, just underneath your eyes, and near your temples.
When it comes to anti-ageing facial transformation, most people think of surgery as the only option. While facelifts, eye lifts, and other surgical options can be extremely helpful in restoring the lift of saggy skin, certain people may benefit from non-surgical options such as dermal fillers.
Dermal Filler treatment works to give an overall refreshed, rejuvenated look, subtly reducing lines and helping you look rested and relaxed
What Kinds of Dermal Fillers Are There?
Dermal fillers are substances that are injected in strategic areas of your face to even out fine lines, fill in folds and creases, and plump up areas that need more volume such as your lips and cheeks.
There are several different kinds of dermal fillers, and they can be divided into 3 categories: temporary, semi-lasting, and long lasting. You will notice the results from temporary dermal fillers for 6 months up to 18 months, and semi-lasting and long lasting fillers can last for 5 years or more.
Your doctor will decide which dermal filler is best based on the kind of results that you’re hoping for as well as the area of the face to be treated.Juvéderm, Restylane, and Teosyal products are hyaluronic acid based dermal fillers that are infused with lidocaine, making the treatment much more comfortable. Hyaluronic acid is a substance that occurs naturally in the body, but it begins to diminish as we age. Teosyal, Juvéderm, and Restylane are all approved by Health Canada and the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. Depending on which one you choose, they can last for up to a year. They work well on smile lines, lip lines, lines that run from the side of the nose down to the mouth (also known as “marionette lines”), and several other facial areas.
Radiesse works for a year or more and is often suggested for more severe wrinkles and facial creases
Radiesse Dermal Filler
Your doctor may also recommend Radiesse, a longer-lasting dermal filler option. It’s made of calcium based microspheres that are suspended in a water-based gel. Unlike the other fillers, Radiesse triggers the body to produce collagen, adding to the overall plumping and filling effect. Over time, the gel is absorbed by the body, and you will be left with your own natural collagen.
What Should I Expect?
The process of getting dermal fillers is simple and doesn’t take very long. Your doctor may use topical anesthetic creams and cold packs to numb the area before treatment. After the treatment, there is no downtime, but you will be given aftercare instructions. Depending on the kind of treatment you received, you may be advised not to wear makeup, expose your face to the sun, or use a sauna or steam room for some time after your treatment. You should also avoid alcohol and medications that thin the blood for several hours after treatment, as these can cause bruising. If there is any swelling, bruising, or mild discomfort, it should resolve in a couple of days.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- 10 Things You Are Going To Wish You Knew Before Getting Lip Fillers In Toronto
- 4 Of The Most Common Myths About Dermal Fillers In Toronto
- 5 Surprising Facts about Dermal Fillers
- About V2 Microneedling Beauty Booster Treatments with Redensity [l]
- Benefits of Injectable Fillers
- Best Injectable Fillers in Canada
- Best Lip Filler Treatment
- Botox, Fillers, And Other Cosmetic Procedures For Skin Rejuvenation
- Can Laser Resurfacing And Wrinkle Fillers Be Combined?
- Choosing The Right Type Of Dermal Filler
- Dermal Filler for Contouring the Face
- Dermal Filler For Nasolabial Folds And Smile Lines
- Dermal Fillers And Jawline Contouring
- Dermal Fillers: A Secret Skin-Rejuvenation Weapon
- Dermal Fillers: Your Top 10 Questions About This Popular Anti-Aging Trend
- Do I Need A Facelift, Skin Tightening, Or Fillers?
- Enhance Your Beauty by Preserving Facial Dynamism: Using Teosyal for Facial Rejuvenation
- Everything You Need To Know About Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty (Nose Job)
- Face the Facts – Top 5 Dermal Filler Facts
- Facial Fillers in Your 20s, 30s, 40s, and Up
- Facial Fillers: Frequently Asked Questions
- Facial Fillers: Know The Difference
- Fillers For Acne Scars: 10 Essential Facts To Understand
- How Can Dermal Filler in Toronto Make You Look Youthful and Vibrant?
- Juvederm Toronto - Dermal Filler By Dr. Torgerson
- Lip Filler/Augmentation Techniques
- Lip Injections: Rise In Popularity
- Maintaining Your Facial Expressiveness Using the New Teosyal RHA Filler
- Perlane Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Popular Cosmetic Procedures For Men
- Potential Side Effects of Teosyal Dermal Fillers
- PRP Treatments Toronto
- Radiesse Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Reasons People Choose Dermal Filler
- Restylane Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Rich Face
- Risks Associated with Injectable Fillers
- Seven Myths about Lip Filler in Toronto
- Skin Rejuvenation With Dermal Fillers: Do’s And Don’ts
- Teosyal – What Is It and How Does It Work?
- Teosyal Pen
- Teosyal Redensity I
- Teosyal Redensity I Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Teosyal Redensity II
- Teosyal RHA
- Teosyal RHA Dynamic Fillers
- Teosyal Ultimate
- Teosyal Ultra Deep
- Teosyal Versus Juvéderm And Restylane
- Teoxane Cosmeceuticals
- The Best Dermal Filler in Toronto : What’s Right For You?
- The Best Ways To Treat Vertical Lines (Smoker Lines) Around the Mouth
- The Lip Filler Phenomenon
- The Most Common & Uncommon Uses of Dermal Fillers in Toronto
- Things to Know If You’re Considering Dermal Fillers
- Tips For Reducing Swelling & Bruising After Dermal Filler Procedure
- Top Health And Beauty Trends Of 2017
- Toronto Dermal Filler: How Is It Different from Botox?
- Toronto Lip Filler: A Definitive Guide
- Toronto Lip Filler: Why the Look Went from Puffy to Perfect
- Types of Dermal Fillers
- Types of Injectable Fillers
- Using Injectable Fillers To Rejuvenate Skin Non-Surgically
- V2 Microneedling Beauty Booster
- Volbella - Lip Filler By Dr. Torgerson
- Voluma Lift - By Dr. Torgerson
- What are Perfect Lips?
- What Are Teosyal Fillers?
- What is a Liquid Facelift?
- What Is Teosyal Kiss?
- What Is the Best Injectable Filler for Under Eye Hollows?
- What It's Really Like To Get Lip Injections For The First Time
- What to Do After Lip Injections
- What’s Best For Crow's Feet And Facial Lines?
- Which Dermal Fillers Are Best For The Cheeks?
- Which Dermal Fillers Work Best?
- Why Choose Teosyal?
- Why Different Fillers For Different Areas On The Face?
- Wrinkle Treatment
- Wrinkles and Fillers: Collagen And Other Types
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.