Dermal Fillers: Your Top 10 Questions About This Popular Anti-Aging Trend
Dermal fillers are definitely a popular anti-ageing trend
The topic has many prospective patients asking questions to learn more and to see whether dermal fillers are the right procedure for their aesthetic goals and lifestyle. Here are the top 10 questions that we get asked about dermal fillers:
1. What Are Dermal Fillers?
Dermal fillers are soft, injectable gels that are placed under the skin to add volume to an aging face, to plump up lips, and to smooth and fill in wrinkles. There is a wide variety of brands of dermal fillers. Each one has its advantages and areas of the face and/or body where it is most commonly used.
2. How Do Dermal Fillers Work?
Dermal fillers work by being injected under the skin at the site of lost volume or wrinkles. The dermal fillers also attract water and bring hydration to where your skin needs it the most. Some dermal fillers even promote the growth of collagen at the injection site, and this means that less product is required to achieve the same result over time.
3. Are Dermal Fillers Safe?
Dermal Fillers are approved by Health Canada and the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, and they are safe when the procedure is performed by a Board-certified surgeon or dermatologist.
4. What Are The Side Effects Or Risks Of Dermal Fillers?
The most common side effect is swelling or bruising at the site of injection, but this will go away after a couple of hours, making this procedure very popular among patients who do not want to take time off work, exercise, or time with their family. Risks are very rare, but they include accumulation of blood under the skin, infection, haematoma, and in severe cases, tissue death.
5. How Do I Avoid Or Minimize Risks With A Dermal Filler Procedure?
Avoid risks by having this procedure done at a reputable facial plastic surgeon’s clinic by a doctor who has at least 5 years’ experience with dermal fillers and is an expert at facial anatomy.
6. What Is Hyaluronic Acid?
Hyaluronic acid is a naturally occurring substance in the body that regulates cell growth and renewal. It keeps the skin hydrated and supple.
7. Is A Dermal Filler Procedure Long Lasting?
No, the effects of the dermal filler procedure are not long lasting. Results can last anywhere from 5 to 18 months, and this depends on the area that was treated and how quickly the individual breaks down the injection and absorbs it into their body.
8. Are Dermal Fillers Used For Lips?
Yes, in addition to treating wrinkles and adding volume to the face, the lips can also be targeted if a patient would like bigger and fuller lips.
9. Can Dermal Fillers Treat Hands?
Yes, some dermal filler products have been approved to be used on the hands to reduce the appearance of veins and wrinkles and to add volume.
10. How Much Downtime Is Needed With Dermal Fillers?
One of the main advantages of dermal fillers is that hardly any downtime is needed at all, especially when compared to surgery. It takes approximately 2 hours for swelling to subside. The patient should avoid direct sunlight and heavy makeup for 2 to 3 days. Dr. Cory Torgerson personally performs dermal filler procedures in his Toronto based clinic. For more information or to book a consultation, contact his team at 647-343-0207.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- Toronto Lip Filler: Why the Look Went from Puffy to Perfect
- Voluma Lift - By Dr. Torgerson
- Selphyl Toronto
- Volbella - Lip Filler By Dr. Torgerson
- Teosyal Ultimate
- Teosyal Redensity I Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Restylane Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Perlane Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Teosyal RHA Dynamic Fillers
- Radiesse Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Juvederm Toronto - Dermal Filler By Dr. Torgerson
- Why Choose Teosyal?
- Wrinkles and Fillers: Collagen And Other Types
- Why Different Fillers For Different Areas On The Face?
- Wrinkle Treatment
- Which Dermal Fillers Work Best?
- Which Dermal Fillers Are Best For The Cheeks?
- What to Do After Lip Injections
- What’s Best For Crow's Feet And Facial Lines?
- What It's Really Like To Get Lip Injections For The First Time
- What Is Teosyal Kiss?
- What Is The Best Injectable Filler For Under Eye Hollows?
- What is a Liquid Facelift?
- V2 Microneedling Beauty Booster
- What Are Teosyal Fillers?
- What are Perfect Lips?
- Types of Dermal Fillers
- Types of Injectable Fillers
- Using Injectable Fillers To Rejuvenate Skin Non-Surgically
- Toronto Lip Filler : A Definitive Guide
- Toronto Dermal Filler: How Is It Different from Botox?
- Top Health And Beauty Trends Of 2017
- Things to Know If You’re Considering Dermal Fillers
- Tips For Reducing Swelling & Bruising After Dermal Filler Procedure
- The Most Common & Uncommon Uses of Dermal Fillers in Toronto
- The Lip Filler Phenomenon
- The Best Ways To Treat Vertical Lines (Smoker Lines) Around the Mouth
- The Best Dermal Filler in Toronto : What’s Right For You?
- Teoxane Cosmeceuticals
- Teosyal Redensity I
- Teosyal Redensity II
- Teosyal Ultra Deep
- Teosyal – What Is It and How Does It Work?
- Teosyal Pen
- Teosyal Versus Juvéderm And Restylane
- Teosyal RHA
- Skin Rejuvenation With Dermal Fillers: Do’s And Don’ts
- Seven Myths about Lip Filler in Toronto
- Risks Associated with Injectable Fillers
- Rich Face
- Popular Cosmetic Procedures For Men
- Potential Side Effects of Teosyal Dermal Fillers
- Reasons People Choose Dermal Filler
- Lip Injections: Rise In Popularity
- Maintaining Your Facial Expressiveness Using the New Teosyal RHA Filler
- Lip Filler/Augmentation Techniques
- How Can Dermal Filler in Toronto Make You Look Youthful and Vibrant?
- Facial Fillers: Frequently Asked Questions
- Facial Fillers: Know The Difference
- Facial Fillers in Your 20s, 30s, 40s, and Up
- Fillers For Acne Scars: 10 Essential Facts To Understand
- Face the Facts – Top 5 Dermal Filler Facts
- Everything You Need To Know About Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty (Nose Job)
- Enhance Your Beauty by Preserving Facial Dynamism: Using Teosyal for Facial Rejuvenation
- Do I Need A Facelift, Skin Tightening, Or Fillers?
- Dermal Filler For Nasolabial Folds And Smile Lines
- Dermal Fillers: Your Top 10 Questions About This Popular Anti-Aging Trend
- Dermal Fillers And Jawline Contouring
- Dermal Fillers: A Secret Skin-Rejuvenation Weapon
- Dermal Filler for Contouring the Face
- Choosing The Right Type Of Dermal Filler
- Can Laser Resurfacing And Wrinkle Fillers Be Combined?
- Botox, Fillers, And Other Cosmetic Procedures For Skin Rejuvenation
- Best Lip Filler Treatment
- Benefits of Injectable Fillers
- Best Injectable Fillers in Canada
- About V2 Microneedling Beauty Booster Treatments with Redensity [l]
- 10 Things You Are Going To Wish You Knew Before Getting Lip Fillers In Toronto
- 4 Of The Most Common Myths About Dermal Fillers In Toronto
- 5 Surprising Facts about Dermal Fillers
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.