Face the Facts – Top 5 Dermal Filler Facts
Whether they admit it or not, more of your friends probably treat themselves to injectable fillers than those who don’t
This facial cosmetic treatment is affordable and quick and produces incredible results to lift and rejuvenate the appearance. Fillers are intended to replace the volume that we lose during the aging process as well as smooth out lines and wrinkles. No wonder men and women are paying visits to plastic surgery centres all around Canada to avail themselves of this age-reversing procedure more than ever before. Here is some essential injectable filler information if you are considering dermal fillers for yourself.
1) The first important fact you should know is that dermal fillers are completely safe
They have been approved for use in Canada since 1981. Fillers were approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration for cosmetic use in the U.S.A. prior to that, but was not immediately authorized here. Thorough testing in our own laboratories using Canadian participants was necessary before any dermal filler product was approved by Health Canada.
2) Only licenced, trained professionals are certified to perform the injections in Canada
Facial cosmetic surgeons, dermatologists, doctors, and nurses are able to offer treatments. Just be cautious in selecting your injector. Licensing is not the only prerequisite that a person should look for when searching for an injector. Although proper training is essential, the professional must also have a thorough understanding of facial symmetry and balance to produce optimum results. One of our doctors, Dr. Cory Torgerson, is recognized as an expert in facial cosmetic surgery and has been a much sought-after speaker as well as a trainer in the art of injection. In Toronto, his clients are offered the boutique service of having only medical doctors personally do their injectable filler treatment.
3) Most dermal fillers consist of hyaluronic acid, which is a naturally occurring sugar in our skin and joints
These substances are modified into a gel-like consistency that enables them to be injected with a needle. If this makes you feel a little squeamish, there are several demonstration videos available on the Internet that will ease your mind and show you how truly easy the whole treatment can be.
4) Hyaluronic acid is not long lasting
Over time, these fillers break down and are metabolized back into the body. The length of time that the filler lasts depends on the person it is injected into and the type of filler that was used. Normally, fillers last for a period of 6 to 12 months. Although successive treatments are needed to maintain the results, after several appointments, a base or foundation is formed and the filler lasts longer. In recent years, semi-lasting fillers have become available.
5) Finally, it is essential to know that treatments are not painful
A topical anaesthetic can be applied to the face, but many of the popular fillers have anaesthetic already blended with the product. The injections feel like any other needle and require no downtime to heal. There may be slight redness or bruising at the injection site, and the face sometimes feels tight for a couple of days afterward.
Choosing an experienced, reputable, expert injector like one of our doctors, is the best place to start. Our doctors knowledge and artistic ability will make you feel confident that you made the right choice and that your results will be excellent.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- Toronto Lip Filler: Why the Look Went from Puffy to Perfect
- Voluma Lift - By Dr. Torgerson
- Selphyl Toronto
- Volbella - Lip Filler By Dr. Torgerson
- Teosyal Ultimate
- Teosyal Redensity I Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Restylane Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Perlane Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Teosyal RHA Dynamic Fillers
- Radiesse Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Juvederm Toronto - Dermal Filler By Dr. Torgerson
- Why Choose Teosyal?
- Wrinkles and Fillers: Collagen And Other Types
- Why Different Fillers For Different Areas On The Face?
- Wrinkle Treatment
- Which Dermal Fillers Work Best?
- Which Dermal Fillers Are Best For The Cheeks?
- What to Do After Lip Injections
- What’s Best For Crow's Feet And Facial Lines?
- What It's Really Like To Get Lip Injections For The First Time
- What Is Teosyal Kiss?
- What Is The Best Injectable Filler For Under Eye Hollows?
- What is a Liquid Facelift?
- V2 Microneedling Beauty Booster
- What Are Teosyal Fillers?
- What are Perfect Lips?
- Types of Dermal Fillers
- Types of Injectable Fillers
- Using Injectable Fillers To Rejuvenate Skin Non-Surgically
- Toronto Lip Filler : A Definitive Guide
- Toronto Dermal Filler: How Is It Different from Botox?
- Top Health And Beauty Trends Of 2017
- Things to Know If You’re Considering Dermal Fillers
- Tips For Reducing Swelling & Bruising After Dermal Filler Procedure
- The Most Common & Uncommon Uses of Dermal Fillers in Toronto
- The Lip Filler Phenomenon
- The Best Ways To Treat Vertical Lines (Smoker Lines) Around the Mouth
- The Best Dermal Filler in Toronto : What’s Right For You?
- Teoxane Cosmeceuticals
- Teosyal Redensity I
- Teosyal Redensity II
- Teosyal Ultra Deep
- Teosyal – What Is It and How Does It Work?
- Teosyal Pen
- Teosyal Versus Juvéderm And Restylane
- Teosyal RHA
- Skin Rejuvenation With Dermal Fillers: Do’s And Don’ts
- Seven Myths about Lip Filler in Toronto
- Risks Associated with Injectable Fillers
- Rich Face
- Popular Cosmetic Procedures For Men
- Potential Side Effects of Teosyal Dermal Fillers
- Reasons People Choose Dermal Filler
- Lip Injections: Rise In Popularity
- Maintaining Your Facial Expressiveness Using the New Teosyal RHA Filler
- Lip Filler/Augmentation Techniques
- How Can Dermal Filler in Toronto Make You Look Youthful and Vibrant?
- Facial Fillers: Frequently Asked Questions
- Facial Fillers: Know The Difference
- Facial Fillers in Your 20s, 30s, 40s, and Up
- Fillers For Acne Scars: 10 Essential Facts To Understand
- Face the Facts – Top 5 Dermal Filler Facts
- Everything You Need To Know About Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty (Nose Job)
- Enhance Your Beauty by Preserving Facial Dynamism: Using Teosyal for Facial Rejuvenation
- Do I Need A Facelift, Skin Tightening, Or Fillers?
- Dermal Filler For Nasolabial Folds And Smile Lines
- Dermal Fillers: Your Top 10 Questions About This Popular Anti-Aging Trend
- Dermal Fillers And Jawline Contouring
- Dermal Fillers: A Secret Skin-Rejuvenation Weapon
- Dermal Filler for Contouring the Face
- Choosing The Right Type Of Dermal Filler
- Can Laser Resurfacing And Wrinkle Fillers Be Combined?
- Botox, Fillers, And Other Cosmetic Procedures For Skin Rejuvenation
- Best Lip Filler Treatment
- Benefits of Injectable Fillers
- Best Injectable Fillers in Canada
- About V2 Microneedling Beauty Booster Treatments with Redensity [l]
- 10 Things You Are Going To Wish You Knew Before Getting Lip Fillers In Toronto
- 4 Of The Most Common Myths About Dermal Fillers In Toronto
- 5 Surprising Facts about Dermal Fillers
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.