Do I Need A Facelift, Skin Tightening, Or Fillers?
As we age, our skin may sag a bit in places that it didn’t before. Wrinkles and frown lines start to become more apparent.
Your jawline may appear droopy. At some point, you may begin to consider some sort of treatment to help you look younger and more refreshed. With so many procedures and options available, which is the best? The most commonly used procedures to help reverse the effects of ageing are facelifts, skin tightening, and the use of fillers. Let’s look at each of these in detail and what they do.
Teosyal Ultra Deep is a product that can give the appearance of a youthful and full chin, restoring its natural shape
A facelift, also known as a rhytidectomy, is a surgical procedure that works by tightening the skin as well as the facial muscles underneath. While a facelift will achieve an overall tightening effect, it will not fine-tune smile lines or tiny lines around the lips. Facelifts are best used to correct saggy skin in the middle part of your face and lines that occur below your lower eyelids. These procedures are useful for working with problems pertaining to fatty tissue in the face, whether it’s too much or not enough. Your surgeon can tighten areas that are too fatty as well as rejuvenate parts of the face that have started to look hollow due to fat loss underneath the skin. If you’ve begun to notice sagging in your lower face (often referred to as “jowls”), a facelift can help address that loss of skin tone.
Skin tightening is a non-surgical procedure that dramatically rejuvenates your face using lasers. It’s used to lighten wrinkles and, as the name implies, tighten loose skin on the face and neck. It works by using a laser, which is an infrared light, to heat the collagen underneath the skin’s surface. When this happens, the collagen is stimulated and the skin tightens up. The results from laser skin tightening can be quite dramatic. The amount of time they last will differ from person to person, with many patients noticing results lasting several years. After your initial skin-tightening treatment, you may need to return for touch-up treatments to keep your skin looking youthful and refreshed.
The product will only restore facial volume that was lost and not add, thereby eliminating the fear of looking overdone
While skin tightening stimulates your body’s natural collagen, fillers replace the collagen and volume loss, working to diminish lines, folds, and wrinkles on your face. Fillers are the treatment of choice to smooth out laugh lines around the eyes, fill in folds that run alongside your nose and down to your mouth, and diminish pesky fine lines around the lips (also known as “lipstick lines”). Fillers are helpful in rejuvenating areas of the face that have become hollow over time such as underneath the eyes or the lower cheeks. Plastic surgeons also use fillers to disguise indented chicken pox or acne scars. Depending on the type of filler your professional chooses for your treatment, results could last anywhere from 5 or 6 months up to a year and a half.
vWhich One is Right for Me?
To choose the right treatment, you’ll need to think hard about the kind of results you’d like to achieve. If you don’t have dramatic drooping and sagging, but would like to see a general, all-around tuning up of your skin’s elasticity, skin tightening may be perfect for you. If you’d like to address the fine lines and wrinkles around your eyes and mouth, fillers can help. Schedule a consultation with one of our doctors at (647) 343-0207 to learn more about these procedures and how one of these treatments—or a combination of them—will work best for you.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- 10 Things You Are Going To Wish You Knew Before Getting Lip Fillers In Toronto
- 4 Of The Most Common Myths About Dermal Fillers In Toronto
- 5 Surprising Facts about Dermal Fillers
- About V2 Microneedling Beauty Booster Treatments with Redensity [l]
- Benefits of Injectable Fillers
- Best Injectable Fillers in Canada
- Best Lip Filler Treatment
- Botox, Fillers, And Other Cosmetic Procedures For Skin Rejuvenation
- Can Laser Resurfacing And Wrinkle Fillers Be Combined?
- Choosing The Right Type Of Dermal Filler
- Dermal Filler for Contouring the Face
- Dermal Filler For Nasolabial Folds And Smile Lines
- Dermal Fillers And Jawline Contouring
- Dermal Fillers: A Secret Skin-Rejuvenation Weapon
- Dermal Fillers: Your Top 10 Questions About This Popular Anti-Aging Trend
- Do I Need A Facelift, Skin Tightening, Or Fillers?
- Enhance Your Beauty by Preserving Facial Dynamism: Using Teosyal for Facial Rejuvenation
- Everything You Need To Know About Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty (Nose Job)
- Face the Facts – Top 5 Dermal Filler Facts
- Facial Fillers in Your 20s, 30s, 40s, and Up
- Facial Fillers: Frequently Asked Questions
- Facial Fillers: Know The Difference
- Fillers For Acne Scars: 10 Essential Facts To Understand
- How Can Dermal Filler in Toronto Make You Look Youthful and Vibrant?
- Juvederm Toronto - Dermal Filler By Dr. Torgerson
- Lip Filler/Augmentation Techniques
- Lip Injections: Rise In Popularity
- Maintaining Your Facial Expressiveness Using the New Teosyal RHA Filler
- Perlane Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Popular Cosmetic Procedures For Men
- Potential Side Effects of Teosyal Dermal Fillers
- PRP Treatments Toronto
- Radiesse Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Reasons People Choose Dermal Filler
- Restylane Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Rich Face
- Risks Associated with Injectable Fillers
- Seven Myths about Lip Filler in Toronto
- Skin Rejuvenation With Dermal Fillers: Do’s And Don’ts
- Teosyal – What Is It and How Does It Work?
- Teosyal Pen
- Teosyal Redensity I
- Teosyal Redensity I Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Teosyal Redensity II
- Teosyal RHA
- Teosyal RHA Dynamic Fillers
- Teosyal Ultimate
- Teosyal Ultra Deep
- Teosyal Versus Juvéderm And Restylane
- Teoxane Cosmeceuticals
- The Best Dermal Filler in Toronto : What’s Right For You?
- The Best Ways To Treat Vertical Lines (Smoker Lines) Around the Mouth
- The Lip Filler Phenomenon
- The Most Common & Uncommon Uses of Dermal Fillers in Toronto
- Things to Know If You’re Considering Dermal Fillers
- Tips For Reducing Swelling & Bruising After Dermal Filler Procedure
- Top Health And Beauty Trends Of 2017
- Toronto Dermal Filler: How Is It Different from Botox?
- Toronto Lip Filler: A Definitive Guide
- Toronto Lip Filler: Why the Look Went from Puffy to Perfect
- Types of Dermal Fillers
- Types of Injectable Fillers
- Using Injectable Fillers To Rejuvenate Skin Non-Surgically
- V2 Microneedling Beauty Booster
- Volbella - Lip Filler By Dr. Torgerson
- Voluma Lift - By Dr. Torgerson
- What are Perfect Lips?
- What Are Teosyal Fillers?
- What is a Liquid Facelift?
- What Is Teosyal Kiss?
- What Is the Best Injectable Filler for Under Eye Hollows?
- What It's Really Like To Get Lip Injections For The First Time
- What to Do After Lip Injections
- What’s Best For Crow's Feet And Facial Lines?
- Which Dermal Fillers Are Best For The Cheeks?
- Which Dermal Fillers Work Best?
- Why Choose Teosyal?
- Why Different Fillers For Different Areas On The Face?
- Wrinkle Treatment
- Wrinkles and Fillers: Collagen And Other Types
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.