Facial Fillers: Frequently Asked Questions
Wrinkles can form anywhere on the face, and most wrinkles can be addressed with the use of facial dermal fillers or varying types of facial treatments
Ageing is inevitable. Most people first notice the early signs of ageing with the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles on the skin and the sagging and creases that form in the delicate areas around the eyes and lips. However, wrinkles are not always caused by aging. In fact, everyday activities like talking, laughing, or squinting when reading or looking at your phone can contribute to the formation of wrinkles on the face.
Dermal Fillers add volume and definition by altering contours to help regain a more youthful appearance
What Is A Dermal Filler?
A dermal filler is a non-surgical medical treatment that is injected into the skin to correct the associated signs of ageing seen with the appearance of lines, wrinkles, and creases.
Injectables for the face come in 2 forms: hyaluronic acid (a naturally occurring substance in the skin), which creates a filling effect by creating volume to the injection sites, and neuromodulators which relax the injected muscle(s). Both can reduce and improve the characteristics of the skin that is affected by the signs of aging. Dermal fillers have changed the way we see beauty in the face and sometimes in the body. The opportunity to adjust and enhance facial features with the use of dermal fillers has dramatically reformed the way our doctors treat their patients when it comes to cosmetic procedures. Our doctors believe in the importance of providing all the necessary information to his patients so they will feel comfortable in the process of receiving the right type of injectable filler products exclusive for the various areas of the face.
Below are some frequently asked questions about the reasons why we need different facial fillers for different areas of the face.
Why Do We Need A Different Injectable For Different Areas Of The Face?
Some areas of the face are more sensitive and more prone to disintegration than other areas. For example, the muscles around the eye area are delicate and more likely to wrinkle faster than the larger muscles like the masseter muscles that cover the jaw. The different components of the facial muscles determine the type of fillers that are used along with other factors like the severity of wrinkles measured by the depth and age of the wrinkles.
The different facial muscles on the face have different mechanisms in the way they move and how they are affected by the aging process
Is There A Universal Facial Filler For Most Areas?
Yes, our doctors like to use Teosyal Global Action for the injection of multiple sites on the face. Teosyal Global Action is indicated for medium line correction treatments. That means that it can decrease the depth and appearance of wrinkles that are developed but are not too severe. This is an ideal dermal filler for men and women over the age of 30.
Which Facial Filler Is Used For The Eye Area?
Our doctors use Redensity ll to treat the eye area because he has seen incredible long-lasting results in his patients with the use of this type of dermal filler.
What Filler Is Used For The Lips?
Teosyal Kiss one of the most effective ways to add volume and plump up the lips. Teosyal Kiss has been specially formulated for the delicate lip area, and its components effectively cross-link underneath the skin once it is injected. The cross-linking results in a product for the lips that is stronger and more resistant to being broken down, thus lasting longer. Teosyal Kiss for the lips can last anywhere from 6 to 9 months with maintenance top-ups usually required after the 3 to 4 month mark. In addition to Teosyal Kiss, doctors also use Restylane, Teosyal Global Action, Juvéderm, and Volbella for lip enhancement procedures.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
What Makes Facial Fillers Different From One Another?
The cross-linking abilities of hyaluronic acids are what make the difference in the durability and longevity of the types of fillers that are formulated for the various areas of facial fillers
In general, the longer the product stays in the skin, the more cross-linking abilities it has. Cross-linking refers to the chemical compound structures that remain in the skin after hyaluronic acid injections. The injection area and the depth of the injection are also factors that determine how quickly the body absorbs the dermal filler.
Which Facial Filler Lasts The Longest?
From the Teosyal range, Teosyal Ultra Deep and Teosyal Ultimate are longer lasting products for the enhancement of facial contours. They volumize check bones, the chin, and the temporal area and are useful in treating very deep wrinkles in thick skin. Other brands of dermal fillers like Volbella and VolumaLift can last up to a year or more!
What Can Be Done To Remove Facial Fillers?
Hyaluronidase is a medical-grade enzyme that degrades facial fillers. Facial fillers can be dissolved in about an hour after hyaluronidase is injected into the face. Hyaluronidase is the safest, most effective way to remove dermal fillers.
Are There Long Lasting Facial Fillers?
Although long lasting facial fillers do exist, the use of long lasting dermal fillers is strictly prohibited in Canada. Facial fillers are clinically tested frequently, and the former fillers were removed from the Canadian markets after the emergence of patients reporting abnormalities.
- Toronto Lip Filler: Why the Look Went from Puffy to Perfect
- Voluma Lift - By Dr. Torgerson
- Selphyl Toronto
- Volbella - Lip Filler By Dr. Torgerson
- Teosyal Ultimate
- Teosyal Redensity I Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Restylane Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Perlane Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Teosyal RHA Dynamic Fillers
- Radiesse Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Juvederm Toronto - Dermal Filler By Dr. Torgerson
- Why Choose Teosyal?
- Wrinkles and Fillers: Collagen And Other Types
- Why Different Fillers For Different Areas On The Face?
- Wrinkle Treatment
- Which Dermal Fillers Work Best?
- Which Dermal Fillers Are Best For The Cheeks?
- What to Do After Lip Injections
- What’s Best For Crow's Feet And Facial Lines?
- What It's Really Like To Get Lip Injections For The First Time
- What Is Teosyal Kiss?
- What Is The Best Injectable Filler For Under Eye Hollows?
- What is a Liquid Facelift?
- V2 Microneedling Beauty Booster
- What Are Teosyal Fillers?
- What are Perfect Lips?
- Types of Dermal Fillers
- Types of Injectable Fillers
- Using Injectable Fillers To Rejuvenate Skin Non-Surgically
- Toronto Lip Filler : A Definitive Guide
- Toronto Dermal Filler: How Is It Different from Botox?
- Top Health And Beauty Trends Of 2017
- Things to Know If You’re Considering Dermal Fillers
- Tips For Reducing Swelling & Bruising After Dermal Filler Procedure
- The Most Common & Uncommon Uses of Dermal Fillers in Toronto
- The Lip Filler Phenomenon
- The Best Ways To Treat Vertical Lines (Smoker Lines) Around the Mouth
- The Best Dermal Filler in Toronto : What’s Right For You?
- Teoxane Cosmeceuticals
- Teosyal Redensity I
- Teosyal Redensity II
- Teosyal Ultra Deep
- Teosyal – What Is It and How Does It Work?
- Teosyal Pen
- Teosyal Versus Juvéderm And Restylane
- Teosyal RHA
- Skin Rejuvenation With Dermal Fillers: Do’s And Don’ts
- Seven Myths about Lip Filler in Toronto
- Risks Associated with Injectable Fillers
- Rich Face
- Popular Cosmetic Procedures For Men
- Potential Side Effects of Teosyal Dermal Fillers
- Reasons People Choose Dermal Filler
- Lip Injections: Rise In Popularity
- Maintaining Your Facial Expressiveness Using the New Teosyal RHA Filler
- Lip Filler/Augmentation Techniques
- How Can Dermal Filler in Toronto Make You Look Youthful and Vibrant?
- Facial Fillers: Frequently Asked Questions
- Facial Fillers: Know The Difference
- Facial Fillers in Your 20s, 30s, 40s, and Up
- Fillers For Acne Scars: 10 Essential Facts To Understand
- Face the Facts – Top 5 Dermal Filler Facts
- Everything You Need To Know About Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty (Nose Job)
- Enhance Your Beauty by Preserving Facial Dynamism: Using Teosyal for Facial Rejuvenation
- Do I Need A Facelift, Skin Tightening, Or Fillers?
- Dermal Filler For Nasolabial Folds And Smile Lines
- Dermal Fillers: Your Top 10 Questions About This Popular Anti-Aging Trend
- Dermal Fillers And Jawline Contouring
- Dermal Fillers: A Secret Skin-Rejuvenation Weapon
- Dermal Filler for Contouring the Face
- Choosing The Right Type Of Dermal Filler
- Can Laser Resurfacing And Wrinkle Fillers Be Combined?
- Botox, Fillers, And Other Cosmetic Procedures For Skin Rejuvenation
- Best Lip Filler Treatment
- Benefits of Injectable Fillers
- Best Injectable Fillers in Canada
- About V2 Microneedling Beauty Booster Treatments with Redensity [l]
- 10 Things You Are Going To Wish You Knew Before Getting Lip Fillers In Toronto
- 4 Of The Most Common Myths About Dermal Fillers In Toronto
- 5 Surprising Facts about Dermal Fillers
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.