Facial Fillers: Know The Difference
Dermal filler contains hyaluronic acid (HA), which is a natural substance found in the body
The body reduces the amount of HA that we produce in our skin. HA is a natural substance that is found in ample amounts within the body, and it helps maintain the skin’s youthful appearance by providing volume and hydration as well as lubrication and support for joints.
Cosmetic procedures for the treatment of fine lines and wrinkles
Types Of Dermal Fillers
Many new products have been introduced to customers over the last decade, resulting in an abundance of products that are available to physicians. New and unfamiliar facial filler brands can sometimes cause confusion for patients who are researching dermal filler for their ageing skin concerns.
Hyaluronic acid retains moisture and can absorb more than 1,000 times its weight in water. HA molecular properties bind with collagen and elastin fibres, transporting essential nutrients to those fibres, which make up much of the support structure of the skin. The loss of HA results in the progressive deterioration of the dermal structures that cause volume loss in the skin, with the development of lines and wrinkles on the face, particularly around the nose and mouth. Facial filler injections are a safe, effective way to smooth out lines and wrinkles that have formed on the face due to the unavoidable effects of aging.
There are a variety of facial filler products available on the market today. Below is some general information on the common products available on the market today for facial fillers.
Dr. Torgerson offers Teosyal products as his preferred choice of facial filler for most of his patients. Teosyal’s injectable product range has received international recognition for the innovative RHA ingredients that exude improved performance and application techniques.Our doctors are proud to offer the complete line of Teosyal injectable fillers, including Teosyal Ultimate, Teosyal Global, Teosyal Kiss, Teosyal Ultra Deep, and Teosyal Redensity l and ll. The assortment of Teosyal products have varying indications in the treatment of lines and wrinkles on the face, neck, and hands.
Juvéderm is one of the most popular facial filler brands on the market. Juvéderm, like other facial dermal fill injectable products, is formulated with hyaluronic acid (HA). Juvéderm has proven to be effective in addressing signs of ageing on the skin. It provides anti-ageing solutions that fill and smooth out wrinkles that appear on the face, neck, and sometimes hands. The filling properties of Juvéderm are ideal for moderate to severe wrinkles, and it is suitable for the treatment of multiple areas on the face. Juvéderm is an all in one filler that contours and provides long-lasting benefits for patients who require volume in multiple areas on the face.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
Brands of Dermal Fillers
Volbella is a sophisticated HA facial filler especially formulated for the lip area. The creators of Juvéderm have created Volbella as part of their VYCROSS Collection. Other injectable filler products that are in the same collection include Voluma and Volift. Volbella addresses the loss of collagen and elastin by enhancing the appearance of the lips and lip area, as it creates more volume and plumping effects in the lips.
Restylane is a product that is beneficial as a supplementary injection to Botox injections. Restylane is an HA-based product that is indicated for the treatment of moderate soft lines, making it an optimal choice for our younger patients who are seeking preventative measures in preserving and maintaining the youthful appearance of their face.
Perlane is produced by the same creators of Restylane. The formula inside Perlane injections contains larger molecules that are more effective in filling deeper, more mature wrinkles. Perlane is an HA facial filler that our doctors use for their mature patients who require a generous amount of filler to restore a more youthful, voluminous, and smooth appearance to their face. Common areas treated with Perlane include the cheeks, nasolabial folds, chin, and other areas affected by deeper folds and wrinkles.
Hyaluronic acid facial filler injections provide both immediate and extended smoothing, plumping results because they stimulate the production of collagen and encourage the regeneration of tissue cells into the area that has been injected. HA injectable fillers are commonly used for the smoothing of lines and wrinkles that have formed in the nasolabial folds and marionette lines, which are the result of years of everyday muscle movement activity for the use of communication like talking, laughing, and smiling. Facial dermal fillers are also fantastic for adding volume to the cheeks and chin and for reducing the appearance of hollowness under the eyes. The most popular area for facial filler injections are the lips. Injectable fillers for the lips restore lost volume and can produce outstanding results with lips that appear fuller, plumper, and more beautiful. Our doctors are top-trained and experienced medical doctors who expertly inject clients to produce the best, most natural-looking results.
If you are interested in facial fillers, then the first step in achieving an improved, youthful appearance would be to schedule a complimentary consultation with one of our doctors at our state-of-the-art facial plastic surgery and laser clinic located in Yorkville, Toronto.
- The Most Common & Uncommon Uses of Dermal Fillers in Toronto
- The Best Dermal Filler in Toronto : What’s Right For You?
- Seven Myths about Lip Filler in Toronto
- Toronto Lip Filler : A Definitive Guide
- 10 Things You Are Going To Wish You Knew Before Getting Lip Fillers In Toronto
- 4 Of The Most Common Myths About Dermal Fillers In Toronto
- Dermal Filler for Contouring the Face
- How Can Dermal Filler in Toronto Make You Look Youthful and Vibrant?
- Toronto Dermal Filler: How Is It Different from Botox?
- Lip Filler/Augmentation Techniques
- Things to Know If You’re Considering Dermal Fillers
- Wrinkles and Fillers: Collagen And Other Types
- Choosing The Right Type Of Dermal Filler
- The Lip Filler Phenomenon
- Why Choose Teosyal?
- Risks Associated with Injectable Fillers
- Reasons People Choose Dermal Filler
- Restylane Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- What is a Liquid Facelift?
- Voluma Lift - By Dr. Torgerson
- Teosyal Pen
- What’s Best For Crow's Feet And Facial Lines?
- Juvederm Toronto - Dermal Filler By Dr. Torgerson
- Teosyal RHA
- Maintaining Your Facial Expressiveness Using the New Teosyal RHA Filler
- What Is The Best Injectable Filler For Under Eye Hollows?
- Teosyal Redensity I
- Face the Facts – Top 5 Dermal Filler Facts
- Do I Need A Facelift, Skin Tightening, Or Fillers?
- Fillers For Acne Scars: 10 Essential Facts To Understand
- Facial Fillers: Know The Difference
- What are Perfect Lips?
- Benefits of Injectable Fillers
- Best Lip Filler Treatment
- Which Dermal Fillers Work Best?
- Teosyal Versus Juvéderm And Restylane
- Types of Injectable Fillers
- Potential Side Effects of Teosyal Dermal Fillers
- Skin Rejuvenation With Dermal Fillers: Do’s And Don’ts
- What It's Really Like To Get Lip Injections For The First Time
- Dermal Filler For Nasolabial Folds And Smile Lines
- 5 Surprising Facts about Dermal Fillers
- Radiesse Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Volbella - Lip Filler By Dr. Torgerson
- Teosyal Redensity II
- The Best Ways To Treat Vertical Lines (Smoker Lines) Around the Mouth
- Popular Cosmetic Procedures For Men
- Everything You Need To Know About Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty (Nose Job)
- Top Health And Beauty Trends Of 2017
- Which Dermal Fillers Are Best For The Cheeks?
- Types of Dermal Fillers
- Tips For Reducing Swelling & Bruising After Dermal Filler Procedure
- Perlane Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Facial Fillers: Frequently Asked Questions
- Dermal Fillers And Jawline Contouring
- About V2 Microneedling Beauty Booster Treatments with Redensity [l]
- V2 Microneedling Beauty Booster
- Rich Face
- Why Different Fillers For Different Areas On The Face?
- Teosyal Redensity I Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Dermal Fillers: Your Top 10 Questions About This Popular Anti-Aging Trend
- Dermal Fillers: A Secret Skin-Rejuvenation Weapon
- Teosyal – What Is It and How Does It Work?
- Enhance Your Beauty by Preserving Facial Dynamism: Using Teosyal for Facial Rejuvenation
- What Is Teosyal Kiss?
- Selphyl Toronto
- Can Laser Resurfacing And Wrinkle Fillers Be Combined?
- What to Do After Lip Injections
- Lip Injections: Rise In Popularity
- Teoxane Cosmeceuticals
- Teosyal RHA Dynamic Fillers
- Botox, Fillers, And Other Cosmetic Procedures For Skin Rejuvenation
- Facial Fillers in Your 20s, 30s, 40s, and Up
- Teosyal Ultimate
- Teosyal Ultra Deep
- Best Injectable Fillers in Canada
- Wrinkle Treatment
- What Are Teosyal Fillers?
- Using Injectable Fillers To Rejuvenate Skin Non-Surgically
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.