Fillers For Acne Scars: 10 Essential Facts To Understand
While dermal filler products are commonly used to treat signs of ageing, many patients of all ages are interested in this treatment to reduce and improve the appearance of acne scars
Acne scars can be embarrassing, and many individuals have had to live with them since they were teenagers and don’t believe there is anything that can be done about them. Dermal fillers for acne scars are a possible solution. Here are 10 essential facts to understand.
Correct Acne Scarring
1. 95% of people with acne develop scarring to some degree. Most of these scars need treatment. Many patients have tried a number of creams and treatments, either over the counter or prescribed by their dermatologist, before considering dermal fillers as a semi-lasting solution.
2. Acne scarring can cause long-term emotional problems in patients such as depression, social anxiety, self-consciousness, and may become withdrawn. For most patients, dermal fillers for acne scars are not just about aesthetics. They can significantly improve the way you feel inside and out.
3. Dermal fillers contain hyaluronic acid which is a clear, naturally produced substance that occurs in the body and promotes collagen. The more treatment that is received, the more collagen is produced and the less product will be required over time to achieve the same result.
4. Injectable fillers are best used for shallow, saucer shaped scarring. This type of treatment is used to fill in or plump up the area of scarring to reduce the look of and the damage of the area.
5. The most popular dermal filler brands to correct acne scarring are Restylane, Perlane, Juvederm, and Radiesse. These are all brands that are approved by Health Canada and the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and are recommended by highly acclaimed cosmetic surgeons in North America.
Dermal Fillers For Acne Scars
7. Fat transplant can also be used as a method for filling in acne scars as an injectable filler option. This also has a semi-lasting effect but can last longer than other dermal filler products. Fat is typically taken through a small liposuction procedure and is then prepared and re-injected into the affected area.
8. Temporary dermal fillers may not completely remove the appearance of acne scars, but the results are enjoyed by many patients who want an improvement and have realistic expectations. The level of improvement will be based on the degree of scarring and the expertise of the cosmetic surgeon. It is always best to choose a plastic surgeon who specializes in facial anatomy and has at least 5 years’ experience performing dermal filler treatments.
9. The look of the dermal filler treatment can improve over the course of a couple of months. With routine treatments, many patients report that the visibility of their scarring is significantly reduced.
10. Downtime for dermal filler is very minimal, which makes it popular for younger patients with an active lifestyle, as they can resume their normal routines within a couple of days. Most of the swelling and bruising is significantly reduced after only a couple of hours.
Our doctors provide dermal filler treatments to improve the appearance of acne scars. Booking a consultation is the best way to determine whether injectable fillers are the right treatment for your particular occurrence of scarring. Dr. Torgerson’s team can be contacted anytime with questions and inquiries. They can be reached at 647-343-0207.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- 10 Things You Are Going To Wish You Knew Before Getting Lip Fillers In Toronto
- Toronto Lip Filler : A Definitive Guide
- The Most Common & Uncommon Uses of Dermal Fillers in Toronto
- The Best Dermal Filler in Toronto : What’s Right For You?
- Seven Myths about Lip Filler in Toronto
- 4 Of The Most Common Myths About Dermal Fillers In Toronto
- Dermal Filler for Contouring the Face
- How Can Dermal Filler in Toronto Make You Look Youthful and Vibrant?
- Toronto Dermal Filler: How Is It Different from Botox?
- Lip Filler/Augmentation Techniques
- Things to Know If You’re Considering Dermal Fillers
- Wrinkles and Fillers: Collagen And Other Types
- Choosing The Right Type Of Dermal Filler
- The Lip Filler Phenomenon
- Why Choose Teosyal?
- Risks Associated with Injectable Fillers
- Reasons People Choose Dermal Filler
- Restylane Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- What is a Liquid Facelift?
- Voluma Lift - By Dr. Torgerson
- Teosyal Pen
- What’s Best For Crow's Feet And Facial Lines?
- Juvederm Toronto - Dermal Filler By Dr. Torgerson
- Teosyal RHA
- Maintaining Your Facial Expressiveness Using the New Teosyal RHA Filler
- What Is The Best Injectable Filler For Under Eye Hollows?
- Teosyal Redensity I
- Face the Facts – Top 5 Dermal Filler Facts
- Do I Need A Facelift, Skin Tightening, Or Fillers?
- Fillers For Acne Scars: 10 Essential Facts To Understand
- Facial Fillers: Know The Difference
- What are Perfect Lips?
- Benefits of Injectable Fillers
- Best Lip Filler Treatment
- Which Dermal Fillers Work Best?
- Teosyal Versus Juvéderm And Restylane
- Types of Injectable Fillers
- Potential Side Effects of Teosyal Dermal Fillers
- Skin Rejuvenation With Dermal Fillers: Do’s And Don’ts
- What It's Really Like To Get Lip Injections For The First Time
- Dermal Filler For Nasolabial Folds And Smile Lines
- 5 Surprising Facts about Dermal Fillers
- Radiesse Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Volbella - Lip Filler By Dr. Torgerson
- Teosyal Redensity II
- The Best Ways To Treat Vertical Lines (Smoker Lines) Around the Mouth
- Popular Cosmetic Procedures For Men
- Everything You Need To Know About Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty (Nose Job)
- Top Health And Beauty Trends Of 2017
- Which Dermal Fillers Are Best For The Cheeks?
- Types of Dermal Fillers
- Tips For Reducing Swelling & Bruising After Dermal Filler Procedure
- Perlane Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Facial Fillers: Frequently Asked Questions
- Dermal Fillers And Jawline Contouring
- About V2 Microneedling Beauty Booster Treatments with Redensity [l]
- V2 Microneedling Beauty Booster
- Rich Face
- Why Different Fillers For Different Areas On The Face?
- Teosyal Redensity I Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Dermal Fillers: Your Top 10 Questions About This Popular Anti-Aging Trend
- Dermal Fillers: A Secret Skin-Rejuvenation Weapon
- Teosyal – What Is It and How Does It Work?
- Enhance Your Beauty by Preserving Facial Dynamism: Using Teosyal for Facial Rejuvenation
- What Is Teosyal Kiss?
- Selphyl Toronto
- Can Laser Resurfacing And Wrinkle Fillers Be Combined?
- What to Do After Lip Injections
- Lip Injections: Rise In Popularity
- Teoxane Cosmeceuticals
- Teosyal RHA Dynamic Fillers
- Botox, Fillers, And Other Cosmetic Procedures For Skin Rejuvenation
- Facial Fillers in Your 20s, 30s, 40s, and Up
- Teosyal Ultimate
- Teosyal Ultra Deep
- Best Injectable Fillers in Canada
- Wrinkle Treatment
- What Are Teosyal Fillers?
- Using Injectable Fillers To Rejuvenate Skin Non-Surgically
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.