Fillers For Acne Scars: 10 Essential Facts To Understand
While dermal filler products are commonly used to treat signs of ageing, many patients of all ages are interested in this treatment to reduce and improve the appearance of acne scars
Acne scars can be embarrassing, and many individuals have had to live with them since they were teenagers and don’t believe there is anything that can be done about them. Dermal fillers for acne scars are a possible solution. Here are 10 essential facts to understand.
Correct Acne Scarring
1. 95% of people with acne develop scarring to some degree. Most of these scars need treatment. Many patients have tried a number of creams and treatments, either over the counter or prescribed by their dermatologist, before considering dermal fillers as a semi-lasting solution.
2. Acne scarring can cause long-term emotional problems in patients such as depression, social anxiety, self-consciousness, and may become withdrawn. For most patients, dermal fillers for acne scars are not just about aesthetics. They can significantly improve the way you feel inside and out.
3. Dermal fillers contain hyaluronic acid which is a clear, naturally produced substance that occurs in the body and promotes collagen. The more treatment that is received, the more collagen is produced and the less product will be required over time to achieve the same result.
4. Injectable fillers are best used for shallow, saucer shaped scarring. This type of treatment is used to fill in or plump up the area of scarring to reduce the look of and the damage of the area.
5. The most popular dermal filler brands to correct acne scarring are Restylane, Perlane, Juvederm, and Radiesse. These are all brands that are approved by Health Canada and the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and are recommended by highly acclaimed cosmetic surgeons in North America.
Dermal Fillers For Acne Scars
6. Dermal fillers for acne scars will last 6 to 12 months, depending on the brand that is selected for the treatment and the individual’s specific ability to break the fillers down and absorb them into the body. Some patients simply retain the fillers longer than others.
7. Fat transplant can also be used as a method for filling in acne scars as an injectable filler option. This also has a semi-lasting effect but can last longer than other dermal filler products. Fat is typically taken through a small liposuction procedure and is then prepared and re-injected into the affected area.
8. Temporary dermal fillers may not completely remove the appearance of acne scars, but the results are enjoyed by many patients who want an improvement and have realistic expectations. The level of improvement will be based on the degree of scarring and the expertise of the cosmetic surgeon. It is always best to choose a plastic surgeon who specializes in facial anatomy and has at least 5 years’ experience performing dermal filler treatments.
9. The look of the dermal filler treatment can improve over the course of a couple of months. With routine treatments, many patients report that the visibility of their scarring is significantly reduced.
10. Downtime for dermal filler is very minimal, which makes it popular for younger patients with an active lifestyle, as they can resume their normal routines within a couple of days. Most of the swelling and bruising is significantly reduced after only a couple of hours.
Our doctors provide dermal filler treatments to improve the appearance of acne scars. Booking a consultation is the best way to determine whether injectable fillers are the right treatment for your particular occurrence of scarring. Dr. Torgerson’s team can be contacted anytime with questions and inquiries. They can be reached at 647-343-0207.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- 10 Things You Are Going To Wish You Knew Before Getting Lip Fillers In Toronto
- 4 Of The Most Common Myths About Dermal Fillers In Toronto
- 5 Surprising Facts about Dermal Fillers
- About V2 Microneedling Beauty Booster Treatments with Redensity [l]
- Benefits of Injectable Fillers
- Best Injectable Fillers in Canada
- Best Lip Filler Treatment
- Botox, Fillers, And Other Cosmetic Procedures For Skin Rejuvenation
- Can Laser Resurfacing And Wrinkle Fillers Be Combined?
- Choosing The Right Type Of Dermal Filler
- Dermal Filler for Contouring the Face
- Dermal Filler For Nasolabial Folds And Smile Lines
- Dermal Fillers And Jawline Contouring
- Dermal Fillers: A Secret Skin-Rejuvenation Weapon
- Dermal Fillers: Your Top 10 Questions About This Popular Anti-Aging Trend
- Do I Need A Facelift, Skin Tightening, Or Fillers?
- Enhance Your Beauty by Preserving Facial Dynamism: Using Teosyal for Facial Rejuvenation
- Everything You Need To Know About Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty (Nose Job)
- Face the Facts – Top 5 Dermal Filler Facts
- Facial Fillers in Your 20s, 30s, 40s, and Up
- Facial Fillers: Frequently Asked Questions
- Facial Fillers: Know The Difference
- Fillers For Acne Scars: 10 Essential Facts To Understand
- How Can Dermal Filler in Toronto Make You Look Youthful and Vibrant?
- Juvederm Toronto - Dermal Filler By Dr. Torgerson
- Lip Filler/Augmentation Techniques
- Lip Injections: Rise In Popularity
- Maintaining Your Facial Expressiveness Using the New Teosyal RHA Filler
- Perlane Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Popular Cosmetic Procedures For Men
- Potential Side Effects of Teosyal Dermal Fillers
- PRP Treatments Toronto
- Radiesse Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Reasons People Choose Dermal Filler
- Restylane Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Rich Face
- Risks Associated with Injectable Fillers
- Seven Myths about Lip Filler in Toronto
- Skin Rejuvenation With Dermal Fillers: Do’s And Don’ts
- Teosyal – What Is It and How Does It Work?
- Teosyal Pen
- Teosyal Redensity I
- Teosyal Redensity I Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Teosyal Redensity II
- Teosyal RHA
- Teosyal RHA Dynamic Fillers
- Teosyal Ultimate
- Teosyal Ultra Deep
- Teosyal Versus Juvéderm And Restylane
- Teoxane Cosmeceuticals
- The Best Dermal Filler in Toronto : What’s Right For You?
- The Best Ways To Treat Vertical Lines (Smoker Lines) Around the Mouth
- The Lip Filler Phenomenon
- The Most Common & Uncommon Uses of Dermal Fillers in Toronto
- Things to Know If You’re Considering Dermal Fillers
- Tips For Reducing Swelling & Bruising After Dermal Filler Procedure
- Top Health And Beauty Trends Of 2017
- Toronto Dermal Filler: How Is It Different from Botox?
- Toronto Lip Filler: A Definitive Guide
- Toronto Lip Filler: Why the Look Went from Puffy to Perfect
- Types of Dermal Fillers
- Types of Injectable Fillers
- Using Injectable Fillers To Rejuvenate Skin Non-Surgically
- V2 Microneedling Beauty Booster
- Volbella - Lip Filler By Dr. Torgerson
- Voluma Lift - By Dr. Torgerson
- What are Perfect Lips?
- What Are Teosyal Fillers?
- What is a Liquid Facelift?
- What Is Teosyal Kiss?
- What Is the Best Injectable Filler for Under Eye Hollows?
- What It's Really Like To Get Lip Injections For The First Time
- What to Do After Lip Injections
- What’s Best For Crow's Feet And Facial Lines?
- Which Dermal Fillers Are Best For The Cheeks?
- Which Dermal Fillers Work Best?
- Why Choose Teosyal?
- Why Different Fillers For Different Areas On The Face?
- Wrinkle Treatment
- Wrinkles and Fillers: Collagen And Other Types
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.