Seven Myths about Lip Filler in Toronto
Myth #1: Lip Filler Is Addictive
Although most people who undergo lip filler in Toronto love the results so much that they choose to maintain them, this does not mean that the procedure is addictive. Hyaluronic acid (HA) fillers are temporary, which means that they are gradually dissolved by your body. Once dissolved, your lips will return to normal, and there is no need to get more filler unless you choose to do so.
Achieving Natural-Looking Results
Myth #2: Lip Fillers Always Look Fake
While many patients worry that a lip augmentation will lead to fake or plastic-looking results, a skilled injector will be able to achieve an incredibly subtle, natural-looking outcome. This means that while your appearance will be enhanced, your friends and family members will not be able to pinpoint the difference unless you choose to tell them.
Myth #3: Lip Injections Are Very Painful
Although lip injections may look painful, in reality most patients describe the pain as very tolerable. Most hyaluronic acid (HA) fillers contain lidocaine, which takes effect once the product is injected, helping patients keep comfortable throughout the procedure. In addition, a dental block can be injected ahead of time to ensure that you do not experience any pain.
Myth #4: Lip Filler Cannot Be Undone If I Don’t Like the Results
Although it is true that fillers such as calcium hydroxlapatite and poly-l-lactic acid can take 1 to 2 years to break down, HA fillers such as Restylane Silk can be dissolved immediately using hyaluronidase, an eraser enzyme. This means that patients can test out lip fillers in Toronto and reverse the results if they don’t like them.
Adding Volume to tThe Lips
Myth #5: Lip fillers stretch the lips out and leave them looking deflated
Opting to get lip fillers is not a lifelong commitment. While they will temporarily plump your pout, your lips will not appear deflated after the filler dissolves. In fact, the opposite may be true, as HA filler actually encourages collagen production, which means that it often thickens the skin’s dermis, leaving patients with fuller lips long after the body’s natural enzyme dissolves the filler.
Myth #6: Lip injections are only suitable for patients who have thin lips
Another myth about Toronto lip filler is that it is only good for individuals who have thin lips, as its main purpose is adding volume to the lips. However, lip filler can be used to treat a number of common concerns, including asymmetry, disproportionate lips, turned-down corners, and an undefined Cupid’s bow. In addition, lip fillers can effectively improve the appearance of dry or cracked lips, as they give a smoother, glossier appearance.
Myth #7: Filling in smile lines will change the appearance of your smile
Provided that you select a qualified and experienced injector, filling in your smile lines will not change the appearance of your smile, because it can be done by injecting filler into the cheeks area rather than into the smile lines themselves. However, it is true that injecting too much product into the lines around your mouth can make the lips appear puffy and unnatural.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- 10 Things You Are Going To Wish You Knew Before Getting Lip Fillers In Toronto
- 4 Of The Most Common Myths About Dermal Fillers In Toronto
- 5 Surprising Facts about Dermal Fillers
- About V2 Microneedling Beauty Booster Treatments with Redensity [l]
- Benefits of Injectable Fillers
- Best Injectable Fillers in Canada
- Best Lip Filler Treatment
- Botox, Fillers, And Other Cosmetic Procedures For Skin Rejuvenation
- Can Laser Resurfacing And Wrinkle Fillers Be Combined?
- Choosing The Right Type Of Dermal Filler
- Dermal Filler for Contouring the Face
- Dermal Filler For Nasolabial Folds And Smile Lines
- Dermal Fillers And Jawline Contouring
- Dermal Fillers: A Secret Skin-Rejuvenation Weapon
- Dermal Fillers: Your Top 10 Questions About This Popular Anti-Aging Trend
- Do I Need A Facelift, Skin Tightening, Or Fillers?
- Enhance Your Beauty by Preserving Facial Dynamism: Using Teosyal for Facial Rejuvenation
- Everything You Need To Know About Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty (Nose Job)
- Face the Facts – Top 5 Dermal Filler Facts
- Facial Fillers in Your 20s, 30s, 40s, and Up
- Facial Fillers: Frequently Asked Questions
- Facial Fillers: Know The Difference
- Fillers For Acne Scars: 10 Essential Facts To Understand
- How Can Dermal Filler in Toronto Make You Look Youthful and Vibrant?
- Juvederm Toronto - Dermal Filler By Dr. Torgerson
- Lip Filler/Augmentation Techniques
- Lip Injections: Rise In Popularity
- Maintaining Your Facial Expressiveness Using the New Teosyal RHA Filler
- Perlane Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Popular Cosmetic Procedures For Men
- Potential Side Effects of Teosyal Dermal Fillers
- PRP Treatments Toronto
- Radiesse Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Reasons People Choose Dermal Filler
- Restylane Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Rich Face
- Risks Associated with Injectable Fillers
- Seven Myths about Lip Filler in Toronto
- Skin Rejuvenation With Dermal Fillers: Do’s And Don’ts
- Teosyal – What Is It and How Does It Work?
- Teosyal Pen
- Teosyal Redensity I
- Teosyal Redensity I Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Teosyal Redensity II
- Teosyal RHA
- Teosyal RHA Dynamic Fillers
- Teosyal Ultimate
- Teosyal Ultra Deep
- Teosyal Versus Juvéderm And Restylane
- Teoxane Cosmeceuticals
- The Best Dermal Filler in Toronto : What’s Right For You?
- The Best Ways To Treat Vertical Lines (Smoker Lines) Around the Mouth
- The Lip Filler Phenomenon
- The Most Common & Uncommon Uses of Dermal Fillers in Toronto
- Things to Know If You’re Considering Dermal Fillers
- Tips For Reducing Swelling & Bruising After Dermal Filler Procedure
- Top Health And Beauty Trends Of 2017
- Toronto Dermal Filler: How Is It Different from Botox?
- Toronto Lip Filler: A Definitive Guide
- Toronto Lip Filler: Why the Look Went from Puffy to Perfect
- Types of Dermal Fillers
- Types of Injectable Fillers
- Using Injectable Fillers To Rejuvenate Skin Non-Surgically
- V2 Microneedling Beauty Booster
- Volbella - Lip Filler By Dr. Torgerson
- Voluma Lift - By Dr. Torgerson
- What are Perfect Lips?
- What Are Teosyal Fillers?
- What is a Liquid Facelift?
- What Is Teosyal Kiss?
- What Is the Best Injectable Filler for Under Eye Hollows?
- What It's Really Like To Get Lip Injections For The First Time
- What to Do After Lip Injections
- What’s Best For Crow's Feet And Facial Lines?
- Which Dermal Fillers Are Best For The Cheeks?
- Which Dermal Fillers Work Best?
- Why Choose Teosyal?
- Why Different Fillers For Different Areas On The Face?
- Wrinkle Treatment
- Wrinkles and Fillers: Collagen And Other Types
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.