Seven Myths about Lip Filler in Toronto
Myth #1: Lip Filler Is Addictive
Although most people who undergo lip filler in Toronto love the results so much that they choose to maintain them, this does not mean that the procedure is addictive. Hyaluronic acid (HA) fillers are temporary, which means that they are gradually dissolved by your body. Once dissolved, your lips will return to normal, and there is no need to get more filler unless you choose to do so.
Achieving Natural-Looking Results
Myth #2: Lip Fillers Always Look Fake
While many patients worry that a lip augmentation will lead to fake or plastic-looking results, a skilled injector will be able to achieve an incredibly subtle, natural-looking outcome. This means that while your appearance will be enhanced, your friends and family members will not be able to pinpoint the difference unless you choose to tell them.
Myth #3: Lip Injections Are Very Painful
Although lip injections may look painful, in reality most patients describe the pain as very tolerable. Most hyaluronic acid (HA) fillers contain lidocaine, which takes effect once the product is injected, helping patients keep comfortable throughout the procedure. In addition, a dental block can be injected ahead of time to ensure that you do not experience any pain.
Myth #4: Lip Filler Cannot Be Undone If I Don’t Like the Results
Although it is true that fillers such as calcium hydroxlapatite and poly-l-lactic acid can take 1 to 2 years to break down, HA fillers such as Restylane Silk can be dissolved immediately using hyaluronidase, an eraser enzyme. This means that patients can test out lip fillers in Toronto and reverse the results if they don’t like them.
Adding Volume to tThe Lips
Myth #5: Lip fillers stretch the lips out and leave them looking deflated
Opting to get lip fillers is not a lifelong commitment. While they will temporarily plump your pout, your lips will not appear deflated after the filler dissolves. In fact, the opposite may be true, as HA filler actually encourages collagen production, which means that it often thickens the skin’s dermis, leaving patients with fuller lips long after the body’s natural enzyme dissolves the filler.
Myth #6: Lip injections are only suitable for patients who have thin lips
Another myth about Toronto lip filler is that it is only good for individuals who have thin lips, as its main purpose is adding volume to the lips. However, lip filler can be used to treat a number of common concerns, including asymmetry, disproportionate lips, turned-down corners, and an undefined Cupid’s bow. In addition, lip fillers can effectively improve the appearance of dry or cracked lips, as they give a smoother, glossier appearance.
Myth #7: Filling in smile lines will change the appearance of your smile
Provided that you select a qualified and experienced injector, filling in your smile lines will not change the appearance of your smile, because it can be done by injecting filler into the cheeks area rather than into the smile lines themselves. However, it is true that injecting too much product into the lines around your mouth can make the lips appear puffy and unnatural.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- 10 Things You Are Going To Wish You Knew Before Getting Lip Fillers In Toronto
- Toronto Lip Filler : A Definitive Guide
- The Most Common & Uncommon Uses of Dermal Fillers in Toronto
- The Best Dermal Filler in Toronto : What’s Right For You?
- Seven Myths about Lip Filler in Toronto
- 4 Of The Most Common Myths About Dermal Fillers In Toronto
- Dermal Filler for Contouring the Face
- How Can Dermal Filler in Toronto Make You Look Youthful and Vibrant?
- Toronto Dermal Filler: How Is It Different from Botox?
- Lip Filler/Augmentation Techniques
- Things to Know If You’re Considering Dermal Fillers
- Wrinkles and Fillers: Collagen And Other Types
- Choosing The Right Type Of Dermal Filler
- The Lip Filler Phenomenon
- Why Choose Teosyal?
- Risks Associated with Injectable Fillers
- Reasons People Choose Dermal Filler
- Restylane Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- What is a Liquid Facelift?
- Voluma Lift - By Dr. Torgerson
- Teosyal Pen
- What’s Best For Crow's Feet And Facial Lines?
- Juvederm Toronto - Dermal Filler By Dr. Torgerson
- Teosyal RHA
- Maintaining Your Facial Expressiveness Using the New Teosyal RHA Filler
- What Is The Best Injectable Filler For Under Eye Hollows?
- Teosyal Redensity I
- Face the Facts – Top 5 Dermal Filler Facts
- Do I Need A Facelift, Skin Tightening, Or Fillers?
- Fillers For Acne Scars: 10 Essential Facts To Understand
- Facial Fillers: Know The Difference
- What are Perfect Lips?
- Benefits of Injectable Fillers
- Best Lip Filler Treatment
- Which Dermal Fillers Work Best?
- Teosyal Versus Juvéderm And Restylane
- Types of Injectable Fillers
- Potential Side Effects of Teosyal Dermal Fillers
- Skin Rejuvenation With Dermal Fillers: Do’s And Don’ts
- What It's Really Like To Get Lip Injections For The First Time
- Dermal Filler For Nasolabial Folds And Smile Lines
- 5 Surprising Facts about Dermal Fillers
- Radiesse Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Volbella - Lip Filler By Dr. Torgerson
- Teosyal Redensity II
- The Best Ways To Treat Vertical Lines (Smoker Lines) Around the Mouth
- Popular Cosmetic Procedures For Men
- Everything You Need To Know About Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty (Nose Job)
- Top Health And Beauty Trends Of 2017
- Which Dermal Fillers Are Best For The Cheeks?
- Types of Dermal Fillers
- Tips For Reducing Swelling & Bruising After Dermal Filler Procedure
- Perlane Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Facial Fillers: Frequently Asked Questions
- Dermal Fillers And Jawline Contouring
- About V2 Microneedling Beauty Booster Treatments with Redensity [l]
- V2 Microneedling Beauty Booster
- Rich Face
- Why Different Fillers For Different Areas On The Face?
- Teosyal Redensity I Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Dermal Fillers: Your Top 10 Questions About This Popular Anti-Aging Trend
- Dermal Fillers: A Secret Skin-Rejuvenation Weapon
- Teosyal – What Is It and How Does It Work?
- Enhance Your Beauty by Preserving Facial Dynamism: Using Teosyal for Facial Rejuvenation
- What Is Teosyal Kiss?
- Selphyl Toronto
- Can Laser Resurfacing And Wrinkle Fillers Be Combined?
- What to Do After Lip Injections
- Lip Injections: Rise In Popularity
- Teoxane Cosmeceuticals
- Teosyal RHA Dynamic Fillers
- Botox, Fillers, And Other Cosmetic Procedures For Skin Rejuvenation
- Facial Fillers in Your 20s, 30s, 40s, and Up
- Teosyal Ultimate
- Teosyal Ultra Deep
- Best Injectable Fillers in Canada
- Wrinkle Treatment
- What Are Teosyal Fillers?
- Using Injectable Fillers To Rejuvenate Skin Non-Surgically
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.