The Lip Filler Phenomenon
A non-surgical trend has now taken the world by storm
For the past 25 years, plastic surgery clinics have been kept busy by women getting breast implant surgery. Large, luscious lips along with other non-surgical options are in vogue now, and plastic surgery requests pale in comparison. Perhaps the fact that anyone can afford cosmetic treatments now, not just socialites and Hollywood stars, is fueling this rising trend. The latest celebrity who got “filler” is now the buzz word. Just a short time ago, Kylie Jenner dominated social media because of her new lips.
Fillers provide the client with full lips for up to one year
Lip Augmentation Phenomenon
From the medical standpoint, it is probably because there are safe, excellent fillers now that last longer than ever before. Products like Juvéderm and Restylane are smoother and produce natural-looking volume in the lips without lumps or bumps.
Part of the aging process is the loss of volume in our lips, which can become flat and thin as a result. There is often the formation of tiny vertical lines with volume loss as well. Injectable fillers produce plump lips that remind us of youth. It is a fact that when lips are full, they make the lower part of the face look younger. Most older women who choose lip augmentation do it for this reason rather than because it is a trend.
Beautiful celebrities who have plump, shapely lips have made dermal fillers extremely popular. Angelina Jolie is one that comes to mind. Thousands of dollars are spent every year by women who march into facial cosmetic clinics demanding “Angelina lips”. Younger ladies who choose lip filler usually do it because it is the trend and they want to be part of it.
If you want to join the trend and plump up your lips, you should definitely trust an expert
What Are Full Lips?
Finally, men have always been attracted to lovely, full lips. Obviously, when you look in glamour magazines, the definition of “full” varies wildly. It would seem that some Hollywood stars are addicted to fillers because their lips continue to get bigger every year! Choosing an experienced professional to perform your lip augmentation should be paramount so that you don’t end up with the “duck look”.
One of our doctors, Dr. Cory Torgerson, is not only a certified facial plastic surgeon; he has also been enlisted by many of the top dermal filler corporations to teach and train other doctors on the art of injecting properly. Medical science is definitely involved with injections, but that knowledge is not sufficient to produce optimum results. There is a lot of artistry involved in lip augmentation to ensure that the correct amount is injected so that the lips harmonize with other facial features.
Lip plumping is quick, relatively pain-free, and also affordable, so it’s no wonder voluptuous lips are popular! If you are considering lip fillers and want to learn more, please contact our office for a consultation with one of our doctors!
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- 10 Things You Are Going To Wish You Knew Before Getting Lip Fillers In Toronto
- Toronto Lip Filler : A Definitive Guide
- The Most Common & Uncommon Uses of Dermal Fillers in Toronto
- The Best Dermal Filler in Toronto : What’s Right For You?
- Seven Myths about Lip Filler in Toronto
- 4 Of The Most Common Myths About Dermal Fillers In Toronto
- Dermal Filler for Contouring the Face
- How Can Dermal Filler in Toronto Make You Look Youthful and Vibrant?
- Toronto Dermal Filler: How Is It Different from Botox?
- Lip Filler/Augmentation Techniques
- Things to Know If You’re Considering Dermal Fillers
- Wrinkles and Fillers: Collagen And Other Types
- Choosing The Right Type Of Dermal Filler
- The Lip Filler Phenomenon
- Why Choose Teosyal?
- Risks Associated with Injectable Fillers
- Reasons People Choose Dermal Filler
- Restylane Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- What is a Liquid Facelift?
- Voluma Lift - By Dr. Torgerson
- Teosyal Pen
- What’s Best For Crow's Feet And Facial Lines?
- Juvederm Toronto - Dermal Filler By Dr. Torgerson
- Teosyal RHA
- Maintaining Your Facial Expressiveness Using the New Teosyal RHA Filler
- What Is The Best Injectable Filler For Under Eye Hollows?
- Teosyal Redensity I
- Face the Facts – Top 5 Dermal Filler Facts
- Do I Need A Facelift, Skin Tightening, Or Fillers?
- Fillers For Acne Scars: 10 Essential Facts To Understand
- Facial Fillers: Know The Difference
- What are Perfect Lips?
- Benefits of Injectable Fillers
- Best Lip Filler Treatment
- Which Dermal Fillers Work Best?
- Teosyal Versus Juvéderm And Restylane
- Types of Injectable Fillers
- Potential Side Effects of Teosyal Dermal Fillers
- Skin Rejuvenation With Dermal Fillers: Do’s And Don’ts
- What It's Really Like To Get Lip Injections For The First Time
- Dermal Filler For Nasolabial Folds And Smile Lines
- 5 Surprising Facts about Dermal Fillers
- Radiesse Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Volbella - Lip Filler By Dr. Torgerson
- Teosyal Redensity II
- The Best Ways To Treat Vertical Lines (Smoker Lines) Around the Mouth
- Popular Cosmetic Procedures For Men
- Everything You Need To Know About Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty (Nose Job)
- Top Health And Beauty Trends Of 2017
- Which Dermal Fillers Are Best For The Cheeks?
- Types of Dermal Fillers
- Tips For Reducing Swelling & Bruising After Dermal Filler Procedure
- Perlane Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Facial Fillers: Frequently Asked Questions
- Dermal Fillers And Jawline Contouring
- About V2 Microneedling Beauty Booster Treatments with Redensity [l]
- V2 Microneedling Beauty Booster
- Rich Face
- Why Different Fillers For Different Areas On The Face?
- Teosyal Redensity I Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Dermal Fillers: Your Top 10 Questions About This Popular Anti-Aging Trend
- Dermal Fillers: A Secret Skin-Rejuvenation Weapon
- Teosyal – What Is It and How Does It Work?
- Enhance Your Beauty by Preserving Facial Dynamism: Using Teosyal for Facial Rejuvenation
- What Is Teosyal Kiss?
- Selphyl Toronto
- Can Laser Resurfacing And Wrinkle Fillers Be Combined?
- What to Do After Lip Injections
- Lip Injections: Rise In Popularity
- Teoxane Cosmeceuticals
- Teosyal RHA Dynamic Fillers
- Botox, Fillers, And Other Cosmetic Procedures For Skin Rejuvenation
- Facial Fillers in Your 20s, 30s, 40s, and Up
- Teosyal Ultimate
- Teosyal Ultra Deep
- Best Injectable Fillers in Canada
- Wrinkle Treatment
- What Are Teosyal Fillers?
- Using Injectable Fillers To Rejuvenate Skin Non-Surgically
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.