Toronto Lip Filler: A Definitive Guide
A few years ago, lip fillers were suddenly so popular it seemed like every celebrity was showing off full, pouty lips, and Instagram was quickly filled with extreme, over-the-top pouts.
The preferred aesthetic has been dialed back a little since then, making way for a more natural-looking enhancement to suit any age or style. It looks like this non-surgical cosmetic enhancement will remain in demand for years to come. In Toronto, lip filler options abound with many plastic surgery clinics and medispas offering treatment, and product choices have expanded to the point that choosing what’s right for you can be a little confusing. If you have questions about this versatile procedure, read our definitive guide.
What’s so great about the hyaluronic acid used in Toronto lip filler?
What Are Lip Fillers in Toronto Made Of?
One of the perks that a growing cosmetic trend brings is an increased market and competition for manufacturers. Cosmetic companies such as Galderma and Allergan have produced expanded and specialized lines of dermal injectables exclusively designed for the lips. These are typically derived from hyaluronic acid, a substance naturally found in the body to lubricate joints, skin, and even the brain. In the laboratory setting, HA undergoes the cross-linking of molecules to transform it from a watery fluid to a cohesive gel. Various gel consistencies and characteristics can be created with adjustments to the chemistry, and the result is that some HA products are soft and subtle while others are firmer and resistant. They are all natural and dissolvable, temporary, and safe, yet they can be used to sculpt, shape, soften, and otherwise enhance the mouth as well as the entire face. One of the most convenient features of HA materials is that they can be dissolved through the introduction of a substance called hyaluronidase. This simple injection will reduce volume almost instantly, allowing a patient to change their mind if for some reason they’re not satisfied. Because HA is a naturally occurring substance, over time the body slowly absorbs it, and the effects disappear. HA is hydrophilic, meaning it loves water and draws moisture into it.
How to keep skin hydrated and plump-looking
Industry’s Leading Brands
Our body’s HA production slows down through midlife, beginning around age 30, which makes it harder over time to keep skin hydrated and plump-looking. As well, the natural collagen and elastin in our facial tissue diminish each year after 30. This leaves most of us with less volume in the cheeks and thinner lips as we age. Injectable volumizers do wonders for restoring youthful plumpness and facial form. A skilled practitioner knows how to rejuvenate features with just the right product for each facial area and will offer a variety of options to reshape, plump, and beautify the lips.
The Torgerson clinic in Yorkville carries only the industry’s leading brands. Popular options for lip augmentation include:
Restylane, Restylane Silk, Teosyal Global, Teosyal Kiss, Juvéderm, Juvéderm Plus, and Volbella. The manufacturers of these leading injectable lines have excellent safety and quality track records. As long as you have your treatment done with a qualified professional injector from a top-rated clinic, the risks associated with HA lip filler are extremely low, and the benefits can be seen instantly. Few cosmetic procedures can transform the appearance so quickly and effectively.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
What are the reasons that people seek lip augmentation in Toronto?
How Long Will My Toronto Lip Filler Result Last?
Lip enhancement may last between 6 months and two years, depending on the type of product used and the patient’s metabolism of it. Unfortunately, because the lips are highly mobile, this area of the face tends to metabolize HA material faster than other areas such as under the eyes or the apples of the cheeks. The motivation for choosing any cosmetic treatment can be as unique as people are. Regarding lip enhancement, there tend to be at least two primary reasons people seek a procedure. Because our lips naturally begin to thin as we age, many people look to fillers as a way to restore youthful volume to this area. It’s one of the easiest and safest ways to turn back the clock a little and get a soft, sexy pout back if natural collagen and fat loss has shrunk the lips. The other reason people of all ages look to lip treatments is that they have naturally thin lips due to genetics and associate pouty mouths with a more feminine, attractive appearance.
How is Toronto lip filler treatment carried out?
Some people note that when they smile, their upper lip curls under and too much of their gums show. This can be known as a “gummy smile” and is often helped through lip injections. Scarring, uneven lips, and cleft lips are also improved somewhat through the careful application of HA filler to improve symmetry as well as fill and smooth textural irregularities.
The syringes containing HA gel come pre-filled from the manufacturer and will typically be sold as individual units. The contents are mixed with strong numbing agents like lidocaine that quickly take effect after the first injection to make the area less sensitive. A very fine needle directs the gel into the skin, and subsequent doses are typically pain-free, as the tissue becomes temporarily numb. Another method of filling can involve a blunt tip cannula. This soft little tube is introduced through a small puncture,and the gel is then directed to various areas within the lips, quite comfortably. Depending on the desired effects and the HA type used, your practitioner may apply the product to the center of the lips for a full, pillowy effect or build the outer edges, creating more defined borders. They may use a softer, fluid product such as Volbella to smooth fine lines outside of the lip’s border, which can have a powerful anti-aging effect and reduce smoker’s lines. Each person’s treatment and application of the product will be customized according to their needs. The entire process should take roughly 30 minutes, and some minor swelling is expected for 24 to 48 hours after. Patients may feel a little firmness or lumpiness in the tissue post-treatment, and their injector will massage the area to work the product in. The firmness naturally dissipates as inflammation resolves within a few days.
How can you be sure that you’ll love your new look?
We recommend that you put your effort into seeking an expert injector to guarantee that you have a good experience. There is real skill, medical expertise, and artistry involved in creating a beautifully enhanced mouth. Ask to see before and after photos and read reviews to hear what past patients have experienced with your chosen injector. Remember that while lip augmentation with fillers can create dramatic effects, the results don’t last forever and can be dissolved if needed, so go ahead, give it a try!
- Toronto Lip Filler: Why the Look Went from Puffy to Perfect
- Voluma Lift - By Dr. Torgerson
- Selphyl Toronto
- Volbella - Lip Filler By Dr. Torgerson
- Teosyal Ultimate
- Teosyal Redensity I Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Restylane Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Perlane Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Teosyal RHA Dynamic Fillers
- Radiesse Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Juvederm Toronto - Dermal Filler By Dr. Torgerson
- Why Choose Teosyal?
- Wrinkles and Fillers: Collagen And Other Types
- Why Different Fillers For Different Areas On The Face?
- Wrinkle Treatment
- Which Dermal Fillers Work Best?
- Which Dermal Fillers Are Best For The Cheeks?
- What to Do After Lip Injections
- What’s Best For Crow's Feet And Facial Lines?
- What It's Really Like To Get Lip Injections For The First Time
- What Is Teosyal Kiss?
- What Is The Best Injectable Filler For Under Eye Hollows?
- What is a Liquid Facelift?
- V2 Microneedling Beauty Booster
- What Are Teosyal Fillers?
- What are Perfect Lips?
- Types of Dermal Fillers
- Types of Injectable Fillers
- Using Injectable Fillers To Rejuvenate Skin Non-Surgically
- Toronto Lip Filler : A Definitive Guide
- Toronto Dermal Filler: How Is It Different from Botox?
- Top Health And Beauty Trends Of 2017
- Things to Know If You’re Considering Dermal Fillers
- Tips For Reducing Swelling & Bruising After Dermal Filler Procedure
- The Most Common & Uncommon Uses of Dermal Fillers in Toronto
- The Lip Filler Phenomenon
- The Best Ways To Treat Vertical Lines (Smoker Lines) Around the Mouth
- The Best Dermal Filler in Toronto : What’s Right For You?
- Teoxane Cosmeceuticals
- Teosyal Redensity I
- Teosyal Redensity II
- Teosyal Ultra Deep
- Teosyal – What Is It and How Does It Work?
- Teosyal Pen
- Teosyal Versus Juvéderm And Restylane
- Teosyal RHA
- Skin Rejuvenation With Dermal Fillers: Do’s And Don’ts
- Seven Myths about Lip Filler in Toronto
- Risks Associated with Injectable Fillers
- Rich Face
- Popular Cosmetic Procedures For Men
- Potential Side Effects of Teosyal Dermal Fillers
- Reasons People Choose Dermal Filler
- Lip Injections: Rise In Popularity
- Maintaining Your Facial Expressiveness Using the New Teosyal RHA Filler
- Lip Filler/Augmentation Techniques
- How Can Dermal Filler in Toronto Make You Look Youthful and Vibrant?
- Facial Fillers: Frequently Asked Questions
- Facial Fillers: Know The Difference
- Facial Fillers in Your 20s, 30s, 40s, and Up
- Fillers For Acne Scars: 10 Essential Facts To Understand
- Face the Facts – Top 5 Dermal Filler Facts
- Everything You Need To Know About Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty (Nose Job)
- Enhance Your Beauty by Preserving Facial Dynamism: Using Teosyal for Facial Rejuvenation
- Do I Need A Facelift, Skin Tightening, Or Fillers?
- Dermal Filler For Nasolabial Folds And Smile Lines
- Dermal Fillers: Your Top 10 Questions About This Popular Anti-Aging Trend
- Dermal Fillers And Jawline Contouring
- Dermal Fillers: A Secret Skin-Rejuvenation Weapon
- Dermal Filler for Contouring the Face
- Choosing The Right Type Of Dermal Filler
- Can Laser Resurfacing And Wrinkle Fillers Be Combined?
- Botox, Fillers, And Other Cosmetic Procedures For Skin Rejuvenation
- Best Lip Filler Treatment
- Benefits of Injectable Fillers
- Best Injectable Fillers in Canada
- About V2 Microneedling Beauty Booster Treatments with Redensity [l]
- 10 Things You Are Going To Wish You Knew Before Getting Lip Fillers In Toronto
- 4 Of The Most Common Myths About Dermal Fillers In Toronto
- 5 Surprising Facts about Dermal Fillers
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.