Toronto Lip Filler : A Definitive Guide
A few years ago, lip fillers were suddenly so popular it seemed like every celebrity was showing off full, pouty lips and Instagram was quickly filled with extreme, over-the-top pouts.
The preferred aesthetic has been dialed back a little since then, making way for a more natural-looking enhancement to suit any age or style. It looks like this non-surgical cosmetic enhancement will remain indemand for years to come. In Toronto, lip filler options abound with many plastic surgery clinics andmedispasoffering treatment, and product options have expanded to the point that choosing what’s right for you can be a little confusing. If you have questions about this versatile procedure, read our definitive guide.
What’s so great about the hyaluronic acid used in Toronto lip filler?
What Are Lip Fillers In Toronto Made Out Of?
One of the perks that a growing cosmetic trend brings is an increased market and competition for manufacturers. Cosmetic companies such as Galderma and Allergan have produced expanded and specialized lines of dermal injectables, exclusively designed for the lips. These are typically derived from hyaluronic acid, a substance naturally found in the body to lubricate joints, skin, even the brain. In the laboratory setting, HA undergoes crosslinking of molecules to transform it from a watery fluid to a cohesive gel. Various gel consistencies and characteristics canbe created with adjustments to the chemistry,and the result is some HA products which are soft and subtle, others firmer and resistant. They are all natural and dissolvable, temporary and safe, yet they can be used to sculpt, shape soften and otherwise enhance the mouth as well as the entire face. One of the most convenient features of HA materials is that they can be dissolved through the introduction of a substance called hyaluronidase. This simple injection will reduce volume almost instantly, allowing a patient to change their mind if for some reason they’re not satisfied. Because HA is a naturally occurring substance, over time, the body slowly absorbs it, and the effects disappear.HA is hydrophilic, meaning it loves water and draws moisture into it.
How to keep skin hydrated and plump looking?
Industry’s Leading Brands
Our body’s slow down HA production through midlife, beginning around age 30, which makes it harder over time to keep skin hydrated and plump looking. As well, the natural collagen and elastin in our facial tissue diminish each year after 30,and this leaves most of us with less volume in the cheeks and thinner lips as we age. Injectable volumizers do wonders for restoring youthful plumpness and facial form. A skilled practitioner knows how to rejuvenate features with just the right product for each facial area and will offer a variety of options to reshape, plump and beautify the lips.
The Torgerson clinic in Yorkville carries only the industry’s leading brands. Popular options for lip augmentation include:
Restylane, Restylane Silk, Teosyal Global, Teosyal Kiss, Juvederm, Juvederm Plus and Volbella. The manufacturers of these leading injectable lines have excellent safety and quality track records. As long as you have your treatment done with a qualified professional injector from a top-rated clinic, the risks associated with HA lip filler are extremely low,and the benefits can be seen instantly. Few cosmetic procedures can transform one’s appearance so quickly and effectively.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
What are the reasons that people seek lip augmentation in Toronto?
How Long Will My Toronto Lip Filler Result Last?
Lip enhancement may lastbetween 6 months to two years, depending on the type of product used and the patient’s metabolism of it. Unfortunately, because the lips are highly mobile, this area of the face tends to metabolize HA material faster than other areas such as under the eyes or the apples of the cheeks. The motivation for choosing any cosmetic treatment can be as unique as people are. Regarding lip enhancement, there tend to be at least two primary reasons people seek a procedure. Because our lips naturally begin to thin as we age, many people look to fillers as a way to restore youthful volume to this area. It’s one of the easiest and safest ways to turn back the clock a little and get a soft, sexy pout back if natural collagen and fat loss has shrunk the lips. The other reason people of all ages look to lip treatments is that they have naturally thin lips due to genetics, and associate pouty mouths with a more feminine, attractive appearance.
How is Toronto lip filler treatment carried out?
How can you be sure that you’ll love your new look?
- The Most Common & Uncommon Uses of Dermal Fillers in Toronto
- The Best Dermal Filler in Toronto : What’s Right For You?
- Seven Myths about Lip Filler in Toronto
- Toronto Lip Filler : A Definitive Guide
- 10 Things You Are Going To Wish You Knew Before Getting Lip Fillers In Toronto
- 4 Of The Most Common Myths About Dermal Fillers In Toronto
- Dermal Filler for Contouring the Face
- How Can Dermal Filler in Toronto Make You Look Youthful and Vibrant?
- Toronto Dermal Filler: How Is It Different from Botox?
- Lip Filler/Augmentation Techniques
- Things to Know If You’re Considering Dermal Fillers
- Wrinkles and Fillers: Collagen And Other Types
- Choosing The Right Type Of Dermal Filler
- The Lip Filler Phenomenon
- Why Choose Teosyal?
- Risks Associated with Injectable Fillers
- Reasons People Choose Dermal Filler
- Restylane Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- What is a Liquid Facelift?
- Voluma Lift - By Dr. Torgerson
- Teosyal Pen
- What’s Best For Crow's Feet And Facial Lines?
- Juvederm Toronto - Dermal Filler By Dr. Torgerson
- Teosyal RHA
- Maintaining Your Facial Expressiveness Using the New Teosyal RHA Filler
- What Is The Best Injectable Filler For Under Eye Hollows?
- Teosyal Redensity I
- Face the Facts – Top 5 Dermal Filler Facts
- Do I Need A Facelift, Skin Tightening, Or Fillers?
- Fillers For Acne Scars: 10 Essential Facts To Understand
- Facial Fillers: Know The Difference
- What are Perfect Lips?
- Benefits of Injectable Fillers
- Best Lip Filler Treatment
- Which Dermal Fillers Work Best?
- Teosyal Versus Juvéderm And Restylane
- Types of Injectable Fillers
- Potential Side Effects of Teosyal Dermal Fillers
- Skin Rejuvenation With Dermal Fillers: Do’s And Don’ts
- What It's Really Like To Get Lip Injections For The First Time
- Dermal Filler For Nasolabial Folds And Smile Lines
- 5 Surprising Facts about Dermal Fillers
- Radiesse Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Volbella - Lip Filler By Dr. Torgerson
- Teosyal Redensity II
- The Best Ways To Treat Vertical Lines (Smoker Lines) Around the Mouth
- Popular Cosmetic Procedures For Men
- Everything You Need To Know About Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty (Nose Job)
- Top Health And Beauty Trends Of 2017
- Which Dermal Fillers Are Best For The Cheeks?
- Types of Dermal Fillers
- Tips For Reducing Swelling & Bruising After Dermal Filler Procedure
- Perlane Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Facial Fillers: Frequently Asked Questions
- Dermal Fillers And Jawline Contouring
- About V2 Microneedling Beauty Booster Treatments with Redensity [l]
- V2 Microneedling Beauty Booster
- Rich Face
- Why Different Fillers For Different Areas On The Face?
- Teosyal Redensity I Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Dermal Fillers: Your Top 10 Questions About This Popular Anti-Aging Trend
- Dermal Fillers: A Secret Skin-Rejuvenation Weapon
- Teosyal – What Is It and How Does It Work?
- Enhance Your Beauty by Preserving Facial Dynamism: Using Teosyal for Facial Rejuvenation
- What Is Teosyal Kiss?
- Selphyl Toronto
- Can Laser Resurfacing And Wrinkle Fillers Be Combined?
- What to Do After Lip Injections
- Lip Injections: Rise In Popularity
- Teoxane Cosmeceuticals
- Teosyal RHA Dynamic Fillers
- Botox, Fillers, And Other Cosmetic Procedures For Skin Rejuvenation
- Facial Fillers in Your 20s, 30s, 40s, and Up
- Teosyal Ultimate
- Teosyal Ultra Deep
- Best Injectable Fillers in Canada
- Wrinkle Treatment
- What Are Teosyal Fillers?
- Using Injectable Fillers To Rejuvenate Skin Non-Surgically
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.