Toronto Lip Fillers Have Advantages Over Permanent Options
For lip enhancement or lip augmentation procedures, there are several options to choose from, including fat injections, implants, and lip fillers
Although each procedure has the same ultimate goal of plumping the lips to enhance their size and shape, fat injections and implants are permanent options, whereas lip fillers are a temporary solution. While many patients assume that a permanent enhancement is preferable, in reality temporary lip fillers have a number of advantages over the permanent options. Comprised of hyaluronic acids (HA), Toronto lip fillers are a safe, predictable, and natural treatment option.
Get beautiful and natural-looking results
Another benefit of Toronto lip fillers is that they deliver predictable results. As one of the best facial plastic surgeons in Toronto and an expert injector, Dr. Torgerson customizes the procedure for each patient. To ensure that his patients achieve their desired results, Dr. Torgerson selects the appropriate amount of filler to inject. In most cases, patients hoping for a subtle enhancement require one syringe of filler, while individuals looking for a more dramatic augmentation may require two syringes.
Conversely, alternative lip enhancement procedures such as fat transfer can be extremely unpredictable. Although a fat transfer yields permanent results, because the lips move so frequently, the fat in the lips can shift, causing lumps and bumps to develop. In addition, as much as 50% of the fat injected will not survive the transfer, which means that additional fat must be injected into the lips to achieve the patient’s desired results. It is impossible to predict how much fat will survive.
Lip fillers can add or restore volume to the lips
Safe & natural procedure
One of the greatest advantages of Toronto lip fillers is that they are an extremely safe solution for people who are unhappy with the appearance of their lips. Dr. Torgerson uses HA fillers such as Restylane and Juvéderm to enhance the size, shape, and structure of patients’ lips. Because hyaluronic acid is a substance that is found naturally in the body, it is an incredibly safe treatment option, and the chance of an allergic reaction is therefore very low. Although rare, in the event that a lump or bump develops, medication can be used to dissolve HA fillers. This means that there is very little risk involved with lip fillers.
Many patients also prefer lip fillers because they are a natural solution. Unlike lip implants, which are made of silicone and can therefore feel unnatural and uncomfortable in the lips, lip fillers are made up of hyaluronic acids, which are natural to the body. As a result, once injected into the lips, they feel and look very soft, which delivers extremely subtle results. Because the body gradually breaks down the fillers over time, within 6 to 9 months the lips will return to their natural state. Then additional lip filler can be injected to maintain the results.
Are you interested in lip fillers in Toronto? To ensure your satisfaction with the outcome, it is important to select an experienced plastic surgeon who is certified by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada. Contact our clinic today to schedule a complimentary consultation with Dr. Torgerson, a leading Toronto facial plastic surgeon.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- PRP Treatments Toronto
- Teosyal Ultimate
- What It's Really Like To Get Lip Injections For The First Time
- Toronto Lip Filler: Why the Look Went from Puffy to Perfect
- Voluma Lift - By Dr. Torgerson
- Volbella - Lip Filler By Dr. Torgerson
- Teosyal Redensity I Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Restylane Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Perlane Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Teosyal RHA Dynamic Fillers
- Radiesse Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Juvederm Toronto - Dermal Filler By Dr. Torgerson
- Why Choose Teosyal?
- Wrinkles and Fillers: Collagen And Other Types
- Why Different Fillers For Different Areas On The Face?
- Wrinkle Treatment
- Which Dermal Fillers Work Best?
- Which Dermal Fillers Are Best For The Cheeks?
- What to Do After Lip Injections
- What’s Best For Crow's Feet And Facial Lines?
- What Is Teosyal Kiss?
- What Is The Best Injectable Filler For Under Eye Hollows?
- What is a Liquid Facelift?
- V2 Microneedling Beauty Booster
- What Are Teosyal Fillers?
- What are Perfect Lips?
- Types of Dermal Fillers
- Types of Injectable Fillers
- Using Injectable Fillers To Rejuvenate Skin Non-Surgically
- Toronto Lip Filler : A Definitive Guide
- Toronto Dermal Filler: How Is It Different from Botox?
- Top Health And Beauty Trends Of 2017
- Things to Know If You’re Considering Dermal Fillers
- Tips For Reducing Swelling & Bruising After Dermal Filler Procedure
- The Most Common & Uncommon Uses of Dermal Fillers in Toronto
- The Lip Filler Phenomenon
- The Best Ways To Treat Vertical Lines (Smoker Lines) Around the Mouth
- The Best Dermal Filler in Toronto : What’s Right For You?
- Teoxane Cosmeceuticals
- Teosyal Redensity I
- Teosyal Redensity II
- Teosyal Ultra Deep
- Teosyal – What Is It and How Does It Work?
- Teosyal Pen
- Teosyal Versus Juvéderm And Restylane
- Teosyal RHA
- Skin Rejuvenation With Dermal Fillers: Do’s And Don’ts
- Seven Myths about Lip Filler in Toronto
- Risks Associated with Injectable Fillers
- Rich Face
- Popular Cosmetic Procedures For Men
- Potential Side Effects of Teosyal Dermal Fillers
- Reasons People Choose Dermal Filler
- Lip Injections: Rise In Popularity
- Maintaining Your Facial Expressiveness Using the New Teosyal RHA Filler
- Lip Filler/Augmentation Techniques
- How Can Dermal Filler in Toronto Make You Look Youthful and Vibrant?
- Facial Fillers: Frequently Asked Questions
- Facial Fillers: Know The Difference
- Facial Fillers in Your 20s, 30s, 40s, and Up
- Fillers For Acne Scars: 10 Essential Facts To Understand
- Face the Facts – Top 5 Dermal Filler Facts
- Everything You Need To Know About Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty (Nose Job)
- Enhance Your Beauty by Preserving Facial Dynamism: Using Teosyal for Facial Rejuvenation
- Do I Need A Facelift, Skin Tightening, Or Fillers?
- Dermal Filler For Nasolabial Folds And Smile Lines
- Dermal Fillers: Your Top 10 Questions About This Popular Anti-Aging Trend
- Dermal Fillers And Jawline Contouring
- Dermal Fillers: A Secret Skin-Rejuvenation Weapon
- Dermal Filler for Contouring the Face
- Choosing The Right Type Of Dermal Filler
- Can Laser Resurfacing And Wrinkle Fillers Be Combined?
- Botox, Fillers, And Other Cosmetic Procedures For Skin Rejuvenation
- Best Lip Filler Treatment
- Benefits of Injectable Fillers
- Best Injectable Fillers in Canada
- About V2 Microneedling Beauty Booster Treatments with Redensity [l]
- 10 Things You Are Going To Wish You Knew Before Getting Lip Fillers In Toronto
- 4 Of The Most Common Myths About Dermal Fillers In Toronto
- 5 Surprising Facts about Dermal Fillers
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.