Lip Injections: Rise In Popularity
A number of factors have contributed to the recent popularity of lip fillers
In the past, lip fillers, along with other facial dermal fillers, were typically only done for patients who have started to see changes in their face, specifically lips, due to the ageing process. More recently, there has been a huge boom in lip fillers and injections in younger generations looking to modify their lips via lip fillers to achieve a more plump and voluminous look. Even patients as young as 18 years old are interested in lip fillers!
A way to reshape and plump lips
What Are Lip Injections?
Lip injections are a very minor and temporary procedure, and they provide results lasting anywhere between 6 and 18 months, depending on a number of factors. The more common brands of lip fillers are Restylane and Juvéderm, both of which use a hyaluronic acid gel to plump the lips so that they look natural and beautiful. Hyaluronic acid is a naturally existing and abundant carbohydrate in the human body that unfortunately is produced less with growing age. Hyaluronic acid lip fillers hydrate the skin, promote healthy functioning skin, and add or restore volume.
Why Are They So Popular?
Often referred to as the “social media generation”, teens and 20-something-year-olds are the most active smartphone users and social media connoisseurs. With websites and applications like Facebook, Instagram, and Snapchat, tremendous amounts of pictures are flooding the phones of these young Canadians. With “selfies” becoming an increasingly large part of the worldwide social media culture, the desire to look physically attractive and “selfie ready” is very prominent amongst these age groups.
An impact of social media
Popularity of Lip Injections
Currently, there is a stable increase in the number of people interested in modifying their physical features through the use of cosmetic surgery. In particular, the popularity of lip injections has reached new highs due to the huge output of photos through social media and an overall desire to look physically attractive.
Hollywood celebrities are known for their perfection and beauty. Often celebrities attain this “perfect” look through cosmetic surgery. With more stars admitting to having had cosmetic procedures like lip injections, people have become more interested in enhancing their lips and other physical features. Scarlett Johansson, Angelia Jolie, and Beyoncé are just a few examples of celebrities who have earned admiration for their pillow-y and large lips. As stars like this have helped change the culture around cosmetic procedures like lip injections, these procedures have become significantly less taboo and more mainstream and accepted, highly contributing to their recent boom in popularity.
Did You Know?
- Lip fillers are a temporary way to change the appearance and fullness of your lips and can be reversed if the results are not desirable.
- The results from lip fillers can be seen almost immediately.
- Celebrities like Kylie Jenner have admitted to using and loving lip fillers.
- According to data from the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, there was a record number of over 27,000 lip injections that took place last year. (That’s one about every 20 minutes! It’s also an increase of almost 50% since the year 2000!)
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- Toronto Lip Filler: Why the Look Went from Puffy to Perfect
- Voluma Lift - By Dr. Torgerson
- Selphyl Toronto
- Volbella - Lip Filler By Dr. Torgerson
- Teosyal Ultimate
- Teosyal Redensity I Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Restylane Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Perlane Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Teosyal RHA Dynamic Fillers
- Radiesse Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Juvederm Toronto - Dermal Filler By Dr. Torgerson
- Why Choose Teosyal?
- Wrinkles and Fillers: Collagen And Other Types
- Why Different Fillers For Different Areas On The Face?
- Wrinkle Treatment
- Which Dermal Fillers Work Best?
- Which Dermal Fillers Are Best For The Cheeks?
- What to Do After Lip Injections
- What’s Best For Crow's Feet And Facial Lines?
- What It's Really Like To Get Lip Injections For The First Time
- What Is Teosyal Kiss?
- What Is The Best Injectable Filler For Under Eye Hollows?
- What is a Liquid Facelift?
- V2 Microneedling Beauty Booster
- What Are Teosyal Fillers?
- What are Perfect Lips?
- Types of Dermal Fillers
- Types of Injectable Fillers
- Using Injectable Fillers To Rejuvenate Skin Non-Surgically
- Toronto Lip Filler : A Definitive Guide
- Toronto Dermal Filler: How Is It Different from Botox?
- Top Health And Beauty Trends Of 2017
- Things to Know If You’re Considering Dermal Fillers
- Tips For Reducing Swelling & Bruising After Dermal Filler Procedure
- The Most Common & Uncommon Uses of Dermal Fillers in Toronto
- The Lip Filler Phenomenon
- The Best Ways To Treat Vertical Lines (Smoker Lines) Around the Mouth
- The Best Dermal Filler in Toronto : What’s Right For You?
- Teoxane Cosmeceuticals
- Teosyal Redensity I
- Teosyal Redensity II
- Teosyal Ultra Deep
- Teosyal – What Is It and How Does It Work?
- Teosyal Pen
- Teosyal Versus Juvéderm And Restylane
- Teosyal RHA
- Skin Rejuvenation With Dermal Fillers: Do’s And Don’ts
- Seven Myths about Lip Filler in Toronto
- Risks Associated with Injectable Fillers
- Rich Face
- Popular Cosmetic Procedures For Men
- Potential Side Effects of Teosyal Dermal Fillers
- Reasons People Choose Dermal Filler
- Lip Injections: Rise In Popularity
- Maintaining Your Facial Expressiveness Using the New Teosyal RHA Filler
- Lip Filler/Augmentation Techniques
- How Can Dermal Filler in Toronto Make You Look Youthful and Vibrant?
- Facial Fillers: Frequently Asked Questions
- Facial Fillers: Know The Difference
- Facial Fillers in Your 20s, 30s, 40s, and Up
- Fillers For Acne Scars: 10 Essential Facts To Understand
- Face the Facts – Top 5 Dermal Filler Facts
- Everything You Need To Know About Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty (Nose Job)
- Enhance Your Beauty by Preserving Facial Dynamism: Using Teosyal for Facial Rejuvenation
- Do I Need A Facelift, Skin Tightening, Or Fillers?
- Dermal Filler For Nasolabial Folds And Smile Lines
- Dermal Fillers: Your Top 10 Questions About This Popular Anti-Aging Trend
- Dermal Fillers And Jawline Contouring
- Dermal Fillers: A Secret Skin-Rejuvenation Weapon
- Dermal Filler for Contouring the Face
- Choosing The Right Type Of Dermal Filler
- Can Laser Resurfacing And Wrinkle Fillers Be Combined?
- Botox, Fillers, And Other Cosmetic Procedures For Skin Rejuvenation
- Best Lip Filler Treatment
- Benefits of Injectable Fillers
- Best Injectable Fillers in Canada
- About V2 Microneedling Beauty Booster Treatments with Redensity [l]
- 10 Things You Are Going To Wish You Knew Before Getting Lip Fillers In Toronto
- 4 Of The Most Common Myths About Dermal Fillers In Toronto
- 5 Surprising Facts about Dermal Fillers
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.