Neuromodulators and dermal fillers are by far among the most commonly injected products in North America
The article, “Exploring the Prejuvenation Trend: Why Women Are Getting Neurotoxin Earlier Than Ever”, was written by 29-year-old Andrea Karr, Canadian Beauty editor for Fashion Magazine. She shares her experience of getting Botox injections for the first time with some personal insight on her reasons and the opinions of cosmetic medical professionals on what they think about the prejuvenation trend. Although she felt like she didn’t need injections for wrinkles at her age, she did want to begin this process as a preventative measure in maintaining her youthfulness.
Neuromodulators are used to temporarily weaken the muscles and smooth out fine lines and wrinkles.
Botulinum Toxin injections
Andrea underwent under-eye rejuvenation with the use of injectable fillers to the eye area. She shares her experience of getting the procedure along with professional, experienced doctors’ opinions on the latest trends that they have been observing in their practices.
Neuromodulators are commonly injected into the following areas:
- Between the brows – to reduce frown lines
- Forehead – to smooth and reduce the appearance of wrinkles on the forehead
- Above and around the eyebrows – to lift the brows
- Crow’s-feet – to reduce and smooth fine lines and wrinkles around the eyes
- Nose – to reduce nose squinting
- Chin – to reduce the dimpling that occurs when smiling
- Masseter jaw muscles – to reduce the appearance of bulkiness in the jaw
Neurotoxin injections take about 1 week to actively reduce the wrinkle formations.
Aside from being used to freeze muscles, dermal injections also come in the form of fillers to help create volume in the area of treatment
Dermal Fillers for the Under-Eye Area
In her article, Karr says that she received Teosyal Redensity ll injectable to her under-eye area.
Dr. Torgerson’s preferred brand of choice for injectable in the under-eye area is Teosyal Redensity ll formula. Redensity ll contains a specialized formula that rejuvenates the under-eye area while filling out the hollowness. Patients can expect to see final results after 2 weeks, when the product has settled underneath the skin. Dermal fillers like Redensity ll are a great long term temporary solution for people who want to rejuvenate their under eye area without any surgery or a significant downtime period. Redensity ll not only provides a “filling” effect; it provides the delicate under eye area with essential vitamins and nutrients that provide restorative attributes to the dermal structures. The prolonged use of Redensity ll can prevent further formation of wrinkles in the periorbital skin around the eyes
Dermal filler injectables for the under-eye area require about 10 to 14 days for swelling and bruising to subside.
Dr. Torgerson has noticed a growing trend in younger patients who want to take action to reverse the early signs of aging. This phenomenon continues to grow with increasingly younger people wanting to remain young and youthful. On the contrary, popular social media stars influence how the younger girls and boys view facial augmentation. They want to achieve certain exaggerated features that they may find attractive on their favourite Instagram stars. Dermal filler is not only serving a purpose for anti-aging, but also as a status symbol. Dr. Torgerson coined “rich face” as a term for this new trend where people want injectable filler not for anti-aging but to create a unique “look” that they are trying to achieve.
When considering dermal fillers or Neuromodulator, it is important to explore the right type of cosmetic physician to perform your procedure. Dr. Torgerson is one of the leading facial cosmetic surgeons in Toronto specializing in surgical and non-surgical concerns for the face, head, and neck.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- 10 Things You Are Going To Wish You Knew Before Getting Lip Fillers In Toronto
- 4 Of The Most Common Myths About Dermal Fillers In Toronto
- 5 Surprising Facts about Dermal Fillers
- About V2 Microneedling Beauty Booster Treatments with Redensity [l]
- Benefits of Injectable Fillers
- Best Injectable Fillers in Canada
- Best Lip Filler Treatment
- Botox, Fillers, And Other Cosmetic Procedures For Skin Rejuvenation
- Can Laser Resurfacing And Wrinkle Fillers Be Combined?
- Choosing The Right Type Of Dermal Filler
- Dermal Filler for Contouring the Face
- Dermal Filler For Nasolabial Folds And Smile Lines
- Dermal Fillers And Jawline Contouring
- Dermal Fillers: A Secret Skin-Rejuvenation Weapon
- Dermal Fillers: Your Top 10 Questions About This Popular Anti-Aging Trend
- Do I Need A Facelift, Skin Tightening, Or Fillers?
- Enhance Your Beauty by Preserving Facial Dynamism: Using Teosyal for Facial Rejuvenation
- Everything You Need To Know About Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty (Nose Job)
- Face the Facts – Top 5 Dermal Filler Facts
- Facial Fillers in Your 20s, 30s, 40s, and Up
- Facial Fillers: Frequently Asked Questions
- Facial Fillers: Know The Difference
- Fillers For Acne Scars: 10 Essential Facts To Understand
- How Can Dermal Filler in Toronto Make You Look Youthful and Vibrant?
- Juvederm Toronto - Dermal Filler By Dr. Torgerson
- Lip Filler/Augmentation Techniques
- Lip Injections: Rise In Popularity
- Maintaining Your Facial Expressiveness Using the New Teosyal RHA Filler
- Perlane Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Popular Cosmetic Procedures For Men
- Potential Side Effects of Teosyal Dermal Fillers
- PRP Treatments Toronto
- Radiesse Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Reasons People Choose Dermal Filler
- Restylane Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Rich Face
- Risks Associated with Injectable Fillers
- Seven Myths about Lip Filler in Toronto
- Skin Rejuvenation With Dermal Fillers: Do’s And Don’ts
- Teosyal – What Is It and How Does It Work?
- Teosyal Pen
- Teosyal Redensity I
- Teosyal Redensity I Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Teosyal Redensity II
- Teosyal RHA
- Teosyal RHA Dynamic Fillers
- Teosyal Ultimate
- Teosyal Ultra Deep
- Teosyal Versus Juvéderm And Restylane
- Teoxane Cosmeceuticals
- The Best Dermal Filler in Toronto : What’s Right For You?
- The Best Ways To Treat Vertical Lines (Smoker Lines) Around the Mouth
- The Lip Filler Phenomenon
- The Most Common & Uncommon Uses of Dermal Fillers in Toronto
- Things to Know If You’re Considering Dermal Fillers
- Tips For Reducing Swelling & Bruising After Dermal Filler Procedure
- Top Health And Beauty Trends Of 2017
- Toronto Dermal Filler: How Is It Different from Botox?
- Toronto Lip Filler: A Definitive Guide
- Toronto Lip Filler: Why the Look Went from Puffy to Perfect
- Types of Dermal Fillers
- Types of Injectable Fillers
- Using Injectable Fillers To Rejuvenate Skin Non-Surgically
- V2 Microneedling Beauty Booster
- Volbella - Lip Filler By Dr. Torgerson
- Voluma Lift - By Dr. Torgerson
- What are Perfect Lips?
- What Are Teosyal Fillers?
- What is a Liquid Facelift?
- What Is Teosyal Kiss?
- What Is the Best Injectable Filler for Under Eye Hollows?
- What It's Really Like To Get Lip Injections For The First Time
- What to Do After Lip Injections
- What’s Best For Crow's Feet And Facial Lines?
- Which Dermal Fillers Are Best For The Cheeks?
- Which Dermal Fillers Work Best?
- Why Choose Teosyal?
- Why Different Fillers For Different Areas On The Face?
- Wrinkle Treatment
- Wrinkles and Fillers: Collagen And Other Types
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.