Risks Associated with Injectable Fillers
The benefits for anyone who has received dermal fillers are quite evident and are displayed proudly on their beaming faces
Although filler products have improved dramatically over the past 15 years, it is necessary to talk about the risks.
Risks Associated with Injectable Fillers are minimal, however, we must be realistic and understand that there are potential risks associated with any facial cosmetic procedure
Common Side Effects
Some of the more common side effects that can occur immediately following injections are bruising or redness at the injection site. There is a possibility of swelling, slight tenderness, or pain as well. This is due to the soft tissue in the skin being disturbed and should not be considered anything serious. On occasion, itchiness where injected may occur for a few days. If anyone experiences these symptoms, they disappear after approximately one week. Any redness or swelling can easily be disguised with the use of make-up.
Some less common risks associated with dermal fillers that only occur in very rare cases are skin sores or eruptions where injected and bumps that form under the injection site. This is due to the filler not being absorbed back into the body, as is normally the case. Infection in the skin tissue and bleeding wounds where fillers were injected have also been reported. Allergic reaction to fillers has occurred in the past, but usually only with bovine collagen, which our doctors do not use and which is rarely offered on the Canadian market anymore.
Health Canada and the U.S. Food and Drug Administration have documented that the risks associated with injectable fillers are “uncommon” and vary depending on the type of filler used
On rare occasions, the filler has been known to move to a location other than the site where it was injected. This is known as “migration” and was reported more often a few years ago when fillers were introduced into the facial cosmetic industry. Because of skin tissue reaction, leakage of the filler material through the skin has taken place with skin damage being reported. Persistent hard nodules that have formed at the injection site sometimes require surgery to be removed. Medical journals also document anaphylactic shock, which is a severe allergic reaction and has necessitated emergency procedures.
These infrequent, rare occurrences have the ability to produce fear in anyone considering the procedure. This is why it is essential to choose not only a certified, experienced professional to administer the injections, but also an approved facility. The plastic surgery and cosmetic centre in downtown Toronto has achieved the highest ranking possible for any privately-run Ontario clinic. Their commitment to safety and cleanliness is unprecedented. Our doctors not only performs injections, but are acknowledged internationally as an instructor and expert on the art of injection.
By booking a consultation with one of our doctors, you will be able to put your mind at ease by asking questions and making sure you are informed. Before and after photos of previous satisfied injectable filler customers can be viewed. Knowledge is power, and after a thorough discussion with the surgeon, you will be able to determine if the dramatic results that can be achieved outweigh the possibility of uncommon risks.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- 10 Things You Are Going To Wish You Knew Before Getting Lip Fillers In Toronto
- 4 Of The Most Common Myths About Dermal Fillers In Toronto
- 5 Surprising Facts about Dermal Fillers
- About V2 Microneedling Beauty Booster Treatments with Redensity [l]
- Benefits of Injectable Fillers
- Best Injectable Fillers in Canada
- Best Lip Filler Treatment
- Botox, Fillers, And Other Cosmetic Procedures For Skin Rejuvenation
- Can Laser Resurfacing And Wrinkle Fillers Be Combined?
- Choosing The Right Type Of Dermal Filler
- Dermal Filler for Contouring the Face
- Dermal Filler For Nasolabial Folds And Smile Lines
- Dermal Fillers And Jawline Contouring
- Dermal Fillers: A Secret Skin-Rejuvenation Weapon
- Dermal Fillers: Your Top 10 Questions About This Popular Anti-Aging Trend
- Do I Need A Facelift, Skin Tightening, Or Fillers?
- Enhance Your Beauty by Preserving Facial Dynamism: Using Teosyal for Facial Rejuvenation
- Everything You Need To Know About Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty (Nose Job)
- Face the Facts – Top 5 Dermal Filler Facts
- Facial Fillers in Your 20s, 30s, 40s, and Up
- Facial Fillers: Frequently Asked Questions
- Facial Fillers: Know The Difference
- Fillers For Acne Scars: 10 Essential Facts To Understand
- How Can Dermal Filler in Toronto Make You Look Youthful and Vibrant?
- Juvederm Toronto - Dermal Filler By Dr. Torgerson
- Lip Filler/Augmentation Techniques
- Lip Injections: Rise In Popularity
- Maintaining Your Facial Expressiveness Using the New Teosyal RHA Filler
- Perlane Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Popular Cosmetic Procedures For Men
- Potential Side Effects of Teosyal Dermal Fillers
- PRP Treatments Toronto
- Radiesse Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Reasons People Choose Dermal Filler
- Restylane Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Rich Face
- Risks Associated with Injectable Fillers
- Seven Myths about Lip Filler in Toronto
- Skin Rejuvenation With Dermal Fillers: Do’s And Don’ts
- Teosyal – What Is It and How Does It Work?
- Teosyal Pen
- Teosyal Redensity I
- Teosyal Redensity I Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Teosyal Redensity II
- Teosyal RHA
- Teosyal RHA Dynamic Fillers
- Teosyal Ultimate
- Teosyal Ultra Deep
- Teosyal Versus Juvéderm And Restylane
- Teoxane Cosmeceuticals
- The Best Dermal Filler in Toronto : What’s Right For You?
- The Best Ways To Treat Vertical Lines (Smoker Lines) Around the Mouth
- The Lip Filler Phenomenon
- The Most Common & Uncommon Uses of Dermal Fillers in Toronto
- Things to Know If You’re Considering Dermal Fillers
- Tips For Reducing Swelling & Bruising After Dermal Filler Procedure
- Top Health And Beauty Trends Of 2017
- Toronto Dermal Filler: How Is It Different from Botox?
- Toronto Lip Filler: A Definitive Guide
- Toronto Lip Filler: Why the Look Went from Puffy to Perfect
- Types of Dermal Fillers
- Types of Injectable Fillers
- Using Injectable Fillers To Rejuvenate Skin Non-Surgically
- V2 Microneedling Beauty Booster
- Volbella - Lip Filler By Dr. Torgerson
- Voluma Lift - By Dr. Torgerson
- What are Perfect Lips?
- What Are Teosyal Fillers?
- What is a Liquid Facelift?
- What Is Teosyal Kiss?
- What Is the Best Injectable Filler for Under Eye Hollows?
- What It's Really Like To Get Lip Injections For The First Time
- What to Do After Lip Injections
- What’s Best For Crow's Feet And Facial Lines?
- Which Dermal Fillers Are Best For The Cheeks?
- Which Dermal Fillers Work Best?
- Why Choose Teosyal?
- Why Different Fillers For Different Areas On The Face?
- Wrinkle Treatment
- Wrinkles and Fillers: Collagen And Other Types
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.