Risks Associated with Injectable Fillers
The benefits for anyone who has received dermal fillers are quite evident and are displayed proudly on their beaming faces
Although filler products have improved dramatically over the past 15 years, it is necessary to talk about the risks.
Risks Associated with Injectable Fillers are minimal, however, we must be realistic and understand that there are potential risks associated with any facial cosmetic procedure
Common Side Effects
Some of the more common side effects that can occur immediately following injections are bruising or redness at the injection site. There is a possibility of swelling, slight tenderness, or pain as well. This is due to the soft tissue in the skin being disturbed and should not be considered anything serious. On occasion, itchiness where injected may occur for a few days. If anyone experiences these symptoms, they disappear after approximately one week. Any redness or swelling can easily be disguised with the use of make-up.
Some less common risks associated with dermal fillers that only occur in very rare cases are skin sores or eruptions where injected and bumps that form under the injection site. This is due to the filler not being absorbed back into the body, as is normally the case. Infection in the skin tissue and bleeding wounds where fillers were injected have also been reported. Allergic reaction to fillers has occurred in the past, but usually only with bovine collagen, which our doctors do not use and which is rarely offered on the Canadian market anymore.
Health Canada and the U.S. Food and Drug Administration have documented that the risks associated with injectable fillers are “uncommon” and vary depending on the type of filler used
On rare occasions, the filler has been known to move to a location other than the site where it was injected. This is known as “migration” and was reported more often a few years ago when fillers were introduced into the facial cosmetic industry. Because of skin tissue reaction, leakage of the filler material through the skin has taken place with skin damage being reported. Persistent hard nodules that have formed at the injection site sometimes require surgery to be removed. Medical journals also document anaphylactic shock, which is a severe allergic reaction and has necessitated emergency procedures.
These infrequent, rare occurrences have the ability to produce fear in anyone considering the procedure. This is why it is essential to choose not only a certified, experienced professional to administer the injections, but also an approved facility. The plastic surgery and cosmetic centre in downtown Toronto has achieved the highest ranking possible for any privately-run Ontario clinic. Their commitment to safety and cleanliness is unprecedented. Our doctors not only performs injections, but are acknowledged internationally as an instructor and expert on the art of injection.
By booking a consultation with one of our doctors, you will be able to put your mind at ease by asking questions and making sure you are informed. Before and after photos of previous satisfied injectable filler customers can be viewed. Knowledge is power, and after a thorough discussion with the surgeon, you will be able to determine if the dramatic results that can be achieved outweigh the possibility of uncommon risks.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- 10 Things You Are Going To Wish You Knew Before Getting Lip Fillers In Toronto
- Toronto Lip Filler : A Definitive Guide
- The Most Common & Uncommon Uses of Dermal Fillers in Toronto
- The Best Dermal Filler in Toronto : What’s Right For You?
- Seven Myths about Lip Filler in Toronto
- 4 Of The Most Common Myths About Dermal Fillers In Toronto
- Dermal Filler for Contouring the Face
- How Can Dermal Filler in Toronto Make You Look Youthful and Vibrant?
- Toronto Dermal Filler: How Is It Different from Botox?
- Lip Filler/Augmentation Techniques
- Things to Know If You’re Considering Dermal Fillers
- Wrinkles and Fillers: Collagen And Other Types
- Choosing The Right Type Of Dermal Filler
- The Lip Filler Phenomenon
- Why Choose Teosyal?
- Risks Associated with Injectable Fillers
- Reasons People Choose Dermal Filler
- Restylane Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- What is a Liquid Facelift?
- Voluma Lift - By Dr. Torgerson
- Teosyal Pen
- What’s Best For Crow's Feet And Facial Lines?
- Juvederm Toronto - Dermal Filler By Dr. Torgerson
- Teosyal RHA
- Maintaining Your Facial Expressiveness Using the New Teosyal RHA Filler
- What Is The Best Injectable Filler For Under Eye Hollows?
- Teosyal Redensity I
- Face the Facts – Top 5 Dermal Filler Facts
- Do I Need A Facelift, Skin Tightening, Or Fillers?
- Fillers For Acne Scars: 10 Essential Facts To Understand
- Facial Fillers: Know The Difference
- What are Perfect Lips?
- Benefits of Injectable Fillers
- Best Lip Filler Treatment
- Which Dermal Fillers Work Best?
- Teosyal Versus Juvéderm And Restylane
- Types of Injectable Fillers
- Potential Side Effects of Teosyal Dermal Fillers
- Skin Rejuvenation With Dermal Fillers: Do’s And Don’ts
- What It's Really Like To Get Lip Injections For The First Time
- Dermal Filler For Nasolabial Folds And Smile Lines
- 5 Surprising Facts about Dermal Fillers
- Radiesse Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Volbella - Lip Filler By Dr. Torgerson
- Teosyal Redensity II
- The Best Ways To Treat Vertical Lines (Smoker Lines) Around the Mouth
- Popular Cosmetic Procedures For Men
- Everything You Need To Know About Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty (Nose Job)
- Top Health And Beauty Trends Of 2017
- Which Dermal Fillers Are Best For The Cheeks?
- Types of Dermal Fillers
- Tips For Reducing Swelling & Bruising After Dermal Filler Procedure
- Perlane Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Facial Fillers: Frequently Asked Questions
- Dermal Fillers And Jawline Contouring
- About V2 Microneedling Beauty Booster Treatments with Redensity [l]
- V2 Microneedling Beauty Booster
- Rich Face
- Why Different Fillers For Different Areas On The Face?
- Teosyal Redensity I Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Dermal Fillers: Your Top 10 Questions About This Popular Anti-Aging Trend
- Dermal Fillers: A Secret Skin-Rejuvenation Weapon
- Teosyal – What Is It and How Does It Work?
- Enhance Your Beauty by Preserving Facial Dynamism: Using Teosyal for Facial Rejuvenation
- What Is Teosyal Kiss?
- Selphyl Toronto
- Can Laser Resurfacing And Wrinkle Fillers Be Combined?
- What to Do After Lip Injections
- Lip Injections: Rise In Popularity
- Teoxane Cosmeceuticals
- Teosyal RHA Dynamic Fillers
- Botox, Fillers, And Other Cosmetic Procedures For Skin Rejuvenation
- Facial Fillers in Your 20s, 30s, 40s, and Up
- Teosyal Ultimate
- Teosyal Ultra Deep
- Best Injectable Fillers in Canada
- Wrinkle Treatment
- What Are Teosyal Fillers?
- Using Injectable Fillers To Rejuvenate Skin Non-Surgically
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.