Teosyal Versus Juvéderm and Restylane
Teosyal, Juvéderm, and Restylane are all brand names for hyaluronic acid (HA) dermal filler products
You may have heard of their incredible abilities to plump and smooth the facial features, neck, and even back of the hands. These three trademark brands are well-established in the market and commonly used, but how do they compare to one another?
Teosyal, Juvéderm, and Restylane – Injectable Competitors
HA Dermal Filler Injections
Hyaluronic acid (HA) is a naturally-occurring carbohydrate polymer that maintains hydration in the skin and other tissue. As the skin ages, it is no longer capable of producing sufficient amounts of hyaluronic acid. With the addition of HA dermal filler injections, the quantity and quality of HA in the skin is boosted to give it a healthier look that lasts long after the injected product is reabsorbed. Teosyal, Juvéderm, and Restylane are injectable competitors that are all hyaluronic acid-based and work in similar ways. Each of these brands offers specialized HA gel products designed for specific areas and corrections.
There is not much variation in cost, as the three products usually range from $700 to $850 per syringe, depending on practice location. They all produce results that last between 6 and 12 months. However, there are some studies to suggest that HA and collagen regeneration prolong the filling effects much longer – up to 18 months! All these similarities often make it tough for individuals interested in filler treatments to decide on the most suitable one.
It is important to know that although they are very similar, the three brands do offer products with variable cohesivity (firmness) intended for different uses. Juvéderm was the first developed and commercially available HA filler, and its family includes Juvéderm Ultra and Ultra Plus. Their thicker products are popular as lip fillers that hold volume and draw more water than others. However, Teosyal and Redensity are known to last a few months longer on average than Juvéderm Ultra or Ultra Plus.
Restore Volume in Larger Areas
Teosyal offers Redensity 2, which is a popular tear trough filler due to its thin, smooth texture and less visibility. Teosyal Kiss is designed to maintain its soft form in the lips over a longer period of time, and Teosyal Ultra Deep helps restore volume in larger areas like the cheeks and jawline. The Teosyal-patented process means that its latest product line is designed to hold its shape in high-movement areas, and the natural characteristics of the HA molecules are as close as possible to the naturally occurring HA in your skin. Cross-linked hyaluronic acid molecules are engineered to hold together longer and in a more structured configuration.
Restylane offers multiple variations of its HA fillers as Restylane Refyne, Defyne, Silk, and Lyft. Deep nasolabial folds, cheeks, and jawline are popular areas for the more cohesive gel options, while superficial injections just under the skin in smoker’s lines and under the eyes benefit from thinner product.
Your expert injector will recommend the dermal filler brand and specialized products that they know will help you meet your aesthetic goals. Whether you want to have fuller lips, erase hollows under the eyes, diminish laugh lines, or create an overall lifted look to your entire face, our doctors are skilled in selecting and combining the most effective and long-lasting dermal fillers for each unique patient.
If you would like to try dermal fillers or learn more about the different types of dermal fillers available, we invite you to schedule an appointment at The Clinic at Yorkville.
There is no time like now! If you have experienced anxiety about the appearance of your facial aesthetics and have been considering plastic surgery, why not book a complimentary appointment with one of our expert injectors, at our Toronto plastic surgery clinic today?
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- 10 Things You Are Going To Wish You Knew Before Getting Lip Fillers In Toronto
- Toronto Lip Filler : A Definitive Guide
- The Most Common & Uncommon Uses of Dermal Fillers in Toronto
- The Best Dermal Filler in Toronto : What’s Right For You?
- Seven Myths about Lip Filler in Toronto
- 4 Of The Most Common Myths About Dermal Fillers In Toronto
- Dermal Filler for Contouring the Face
- How Can Dermal Filler in Toronto Make You Look Youthful and Vibrant?
- Toronto Dermal Filler: How Is It Different from Botox?
- Lip Filler/Augmentation Techniques
- Things to Know If You’re Considering Dermal Fillers
- Wrinkles and Fillers: Collagen And Other Types
- Choosing The Right Type Of Dermal Filler
- The Lip Filler Phenomenon
- Why Choose Teosyal?
- Risks Associated with Injectable Fillers
- Reasons People Choose Dermal Filler
- Restylane Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- What is a Liquid Facelift?
- Voluma Lift - By Dr. Torgerson
- Teosyal Pen
- What’s Best For Crow's Feet And Facial Lines?
- Juvederm Toronto - Dermal Filler By Dr. Torgerson
- Teosyal RHA
- Maintaining Your Facial Expressiveness Using the New Teosyal RHA Filler
- What Is The Best Injectable Filler For Under Eye Hollows?
- Teosyal Redensity I
- Face the Facts – Top 5 Dermal Filler Facts
- Do I Need A Facelift, Skin Tightening, Or Fillers?
- Fillers For Acne Scars: 10 Essential Facts To Understand
- Facial Fillers: Know The Difference
- What are Perfect Lips?
- Benefits of Injectable Fillers
- Best Lip Filler Treatment
- Which Dermal Fillers Work Best?
- Teosyal Versus Juvéderm And Restylane
- Types of Injectable Fillers
- Potential Side Effects of Teosyal Dermal Fillers
- Skin Rejuvenation With Dermal Fillers: Do’s And Don’ts
- What It's Really Like To Get Lip Injections For The First Time
- Dermal Filler For Nasolabial Folds And Smile Lines
- 5 Surprising Facts about Dermal Fillers
- Radiesse Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Volbella - Lip Filler By Dr. Torgerson
- Teosyal Redensity II
- The Best Ways To Treat Vertical Lines (Smoker Lines) Around the Mouth
- Popular Cosmetic Procedures For Men
- Everything You Need To Know About Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty (Nose Job)
- Top Health And Beauty Trends Of 2017
- Which Dermal Fillers Are Best For The Cheeks?
- Types of Dermal Fillers
- Tips For Reducing Swelling & Bruising After Dermal Filler Procedure
- Perlane Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Facial Fillers: Frequently Asked Questions
- Dermal Fillers And Jawline Contouring
- About V2 Microneedling Beauty Booster Treatments with Redensity [l]
- V2 Microneedling Beauty Booster
- Rich Face
- Why Different Fillers For Different Areas On The Face?
- Teosyal Redensity I Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Dermal Fillers: Your Top 10 Questions About This Popular Anti-Aging Trend
- Dermal Fillers: A Secret Skin-Rejuvenation Weapon
- Teosyal – What Is It and How Does It Work?
- Enhance Your Beauty by Preserving Facial Dynamism: Using Teosyal for Facial Rejuvenation
- What Is Teosyal Kiss?
- Selphyl Toronto
- Can Laser Resurfacing And Wrinkle Fillers Be Combined?
- What to Do After Lip Injections
- Lip Injections: Rise In Popularity
- Teoxane Cosmeceuticals
- Teosyal RHA Dynamic Fillers
- Botox, Fillers, And Other Cosmetic Procedures For Skin Rejuvenation
- Facial Fillers in Your 20s, 30s, 40s, and Up
- Teosyal Ultimate
- Teosyal Ultra Deep
- Best Injectable Fillers in Canada
- Wrinkle Treatment
- What Are Teosyal Fillers?
- Using Injectable Fillers To Rejuvenate Skin Non-Surgically
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.