The Most Common & Uncommon Uses of Dermal Fillers in Toronto
The global trend for pro-aging facial treatments is fueled by an ever-growing suite of safe, effective facial filler options.
These non-surgical, injectable products are designed to rejuvenate one’s appearance through wrinkle smoothing, hollow filling, lip plumping, and so much more. Both men and women are looking for more cosmetic options to turn back the clock without facial surgery. Dermal fillers in Toronto account for a large segment of the non-surgical aesthetic market, along with Botox and other neuromodulators used for decreasing furrows and lines. With so many people on board this exciting trend, why is there still some mystery and even myths about what fillers are and what they can do? We’ve compiled a list of some common and uncommon uses for dermal fillers in Toronto. You may be surprised to learn about all the possibilities and discover how they might benefit you too.
What Are Toronto Dermal Fillers Made From?
Where can injectable fillers be used?
Regular people all over the world are interested in maintaining a youthful appearance today more than ever. We’re staying in our careers longer, dating again in midlife, and the retirement age is pushed back more each year. The social repercussions of aging facial skin are an unfortunate reality, and no matter how vibrant and enthusiastic we feel about life, the biological changes we undergo are inevitable. As we age, the skin naturally begins to lose a little elasticity and collagen each year, starting around age 30.
One of the key driving factors for a growing injectable market is that people in their 30’s and 40’s realize they have tools to take control of their appearance without resorting to facelift surgery just yet. Treatment with dermal fillers brings instant results and erases years. You may be uncertain about the safety of introducing a material into the facial skin. That is a reasonable concern, but today’s soft-tissue fillers are primarily derived from hyaluronic acid (HA). It’s a naturally occurring sugar found in many areas of the body, including the brain and the skin. Along with a loss in collagen as the years pass, natural HA production also diminishes. That’s bad news for healthy, hydrated skin. This hydrophilic (water-loving) substance draws moisture and holds it, so it plays a crucial role in tissue health and vitality. HA for injection is processed, converted to gel of various consistencies, and marketed under many brand names.
Differences Between Types of HA Filler
Which treatment is right for you?
In some cases, the differences between types of HA filler may seem subtle, but they are precisely customized for different uses because of their varying thicknesses and cohesivity (how well they hold together.) HA dermal fillers are not permanent, but depending on the type, they will last anywhere from 6 months to 2 years. Your expert injector will discuss your specific goals and options in order to select a treatment that will have you looking and feeling fabulous.
An unusual feature of HA is that it can be dissolved almost instantly with the addition of a product called hyaluronidase. This quick injection will naturally break down the HA and reverse the result if ever a client is unsatisfied with their appearance. Few cosmetic procedures offer this possibility, and it’s one more reason that so many people today feel comfortable trying dermal fillers in Toronto.
Did you know that fillers are not the same as Botox? Sometimes people use these terms interchangeably, but the product and purpose are entirely different. Think of filler as a 3D approach to facial restoration. Doctors use it to add, to build, and to sculpt. After loss of fat, collagen, and tissue hydration, this treatment adds much-needed volume in areas where it’s diminished.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
Dermal Fillers Can Be Used in So Many Beautiful Ways!
Cheek augmentation (the apple)
Fillers typically used in this area include Voluma, which is designed to create a thick, lifting foundation for the cheek area where tissue may flatten or sag in mid-life. Cheek fillers deliver incredible anti-aging effects and often go hand in hand with under-eye, nasolabial fold, or lip rejuvenation.
The lips tend to become thinner as we age. This area is in the highest demand for all ages of client. Full, pouty lips became trendy some years ago, so a younger population discovered the power of lip filler to customize their look. Clients in their 30’s, 40’s, and 50’s also benefit from slightly fuller, hydrated, and soft-looking lips. There are fillers designed to add structure and volume while other fillers are made to soften fine lines around the mouth.
Under the eyes
This area is also referred to as the tear trough. It’s that hollow below each eye that can accentuate puffy eye bags by creating an indent underneath or draw attention to where fat has decreased and a depression has formed. Shadowy hollows under the eye almost always make a person look tired and older than they are. Carefully formulated HA products such as Teosal and Redensity are designed to fill this area with subtle softness and natural movement.
Radiant Facial Treatment
Jawline and chin
Non-surgical nose job
- 10 Things You Are Going To Wish You Knew Before Getting Lip Fillers In Toronto
- Toronto Lip Filler : A Definitive Guide
- The Most Common & Uncommon Uses of Dermal Fillers in Toronto
- The Best Dermal Filler in Toronto : What’s Right For You?
- Seven Myths about Lip Filler in Toronto
- 4 Of The Most Common Myths About Dermal Fillers In Toronto
- Dermal Filler for Contouring the Face
- How Can Dermal Filler in Toronto Make You Look Youthful and Vibrant?
- Toronto Dermal Filler: How Is It Different from Botox?
- Lip Filler/Augmentation Techniques
- Things to Know If You’re Considering Dermal Fillers
- Wrinkles and Fillers: Collagen And Other Types
- Choosing The Right Type Of Dermal Filler
- The Lip Filler Phenomenon
- Why Choose Teosyal?
- Risks Associated with Injectable Fillers
- Reasons People Choose Dermal Filler
- Restylane Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- What is a Liquid Facelift?
- Voluma Lift - By Dr. Torgerson
- Teosyal Pen
- What’s Best For Crow's Feet And Facial Lines?
- Juvederm Toronto - Dermal Filler By Dr. Torgerson
- Teosyal RHA
- Maintaining Your Facial Expressiveness Using the New Teosyal RHA Filler
- What Is The Best Injectable Filler For Under Eye Hollows?
- Teosyal Redensity I
- Face the Facts – Top 5 Dermal Filler Facts
- Do I Need A Facelift, Skin Tightening, Or Fillers?
- Fillers For Acne Scars: 10 Essential Facts To Understand
- Facial Fillers: Know The Difference
- What are Perfect Lips?
- Benefits of Injectable Fillers
- Best Lip Filler Treatment
- Which Dermal Fillers Work Best?
- Teosyal Versus Juvéderm And Restylane
- Types of Injectable Fillers
- Potential Side Effects of Teosyal Dermal Fillers
- Skin Rejuvenation With Dermal Fillers: Do’s And Don’ts
- What It's Really Like To Get Lip Injections For The First Time
- Dermal Filler For Nasolabial Folds And Smile Lines
- 5 Surprising Facts about Dermal Fillers
- Radiesse Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Volbella - Lip Filler By Dr. Torgerson
- Teosyal Redensity II
- The Best Ways To Treat Vertical Lines (Smoker Lines) Around the Mouth
- Popular Cosmetic Procedures For Men
- Everything You Need To Know About Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty (Nose Job)
- Top Health And Beauty Trends Of 2017
- Which Dermal Fillers Are Best For The Cheeks?
- Types of Dermal Fillers
- Tips For Reducing Swelling & Bruising After Dermal Filler Procedure
- Perlane Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Facial Fillers: Frequently Asked Questions
- Dermal Fillers And Jawline Contouring
- About V2 Microneedling Beauty Booster Treatments with Redensity [l]
- V2 Microneedling Beauty Booster
- Rich Face
- Why Different Fillers For Different Areas On The Face?
- Teosyal Redensity I Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Dermal Fillers: Your Top 10 Questions About This Popular Anti-Aging Trend
- Dermal Fillers: A Secret Skin-Rejuvenation Weapon
- Teosyal – What Is It and How Does It Work?
- Enhance Your Beauty by Preserving Facial Dynamism: Using Teosyal for Facial Rejuvenation
- What Is Teosyal Kiss?
- Selphyl Toronto
- Can Laser Resurfacing And Wrinkle Fillers Be Combined?
- What to Do After Lip Injections
- Lip Injections: Rise In Popularity
- Teoxane Cosmeceuticals
- Teosyal RHA Dynamic Fillers
- Botox, Fillers, And Other Cosmetic Procedures For Skin Rejuvenation
- Facial Fillers in Your 20s, 30s, 40s, and Up
- Teosyal Ultimate
- Teosyal Ultra Deep
- Best Injectable Fillers in Canada
- Wrinkle Treatment
- What Are Teosyal Fillers?
- Using Injectable Fillers To Rejuvenate Skin Non-Surgically
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.