Lip Fillers Toronto
Think You Know Lip Fillers? In Toronto, the New Look is Less Duck, More Lovely (Part 1)
The cosmetic industry is forever evolving, and injectables are no exception. In this two-part series, we’ll take an in-depth look into lip fillers and show you why we love the direction they’re headed: less like a duck and more lovely.
In 2016 and 2017, lip filler hype was widespread in the cosmetic beauty and social media space. Thanks to Insta-celebrities and Kardashian squad members, an entire generation of fashion trend-conscious young people were eager to get in on the movement. Part of the seemingly overnight explosion in lip enhancements was due to leading suppliers of dermal filler products such as Allergan and Galderma releasing new and specialized lip injection product to market.
Next-Generation Lip Fillers
The next generation of lip fillers in Toronto is all anyone can talk about lately in the aesthetic industry, but there’s something else they’ve been talking about too, and it’s not so flattering. In fact, the buzz about lip-volumizing treatments has been equal parts envy and jokes in some cases. You’re likely familiar with some unfortunate, viral images of extensively augmented lips and unnatural-looking proportions that helped coin the terms “duck face” and “fish lips”. It seems that just as with many new beauty innovations, there are always a few who go “too far” and negatively affect the public perception of it. A beloved science-nerd quote comes to mind,
“Your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could; they didn’t stop to think if they should.”-Jurassic Park
What about the real folks who want a nice, natural-looking enhancement? The not-so-insta-famous, natural beauties who seek subtle balancing or plumping of their pout that won’t broadcast that they’ve had anything “done” at all. We have great news for you: the trend of “more is more” for lips has officially passed, and we’ve settled nicely into a new, aesthetically subtle and naturally beautiful phase. For people who’ve ducked for cover under the onslaught of blown-up lips the past two years, you can come out from hiding. The future of lip filler is lovely.
What’s changing for lip fillers in Toronto?
In the fall of 2017, the JAMA medical journal published a study about ideal lip proportions and how we perceive natural versus unnatural lips. With the intention of identifying a formula or reliable ratios for lip size, they were able to collect some instrumental data, but not quite the standard set of guidelines they’d hoped.
The study essentially found that balance, rather than lip size, is what stands out for people when they perceive the “attractiveness” of lips. Researchers also found, perhaps unsurprisingly, that people of different ages have different thresholds for perceived lip “fakeness”. Younger participants accepted fuller lips as natural and noticed something amiss when the ideal balance of top and bottom was off. Basically, universally fixed guidelines for ideal lip augmentation don’t exist, but plenty of useful information about natural proportion was gathered and is incorporated into treatments by today’s skilled cosmetic surgeons. A formula for lip volumization might not be realistic, but these findings provide some guidance to help clinicians counsel patients who are seeking lip augmentation.
Dr. Cory Torgerson is a Toronto lip filler expert. In his elegant Yorkville practice, he carries only top-of-the-line injectable fillers. There have been incredible advancements in the market with the longevity, texture, and movement of products solving their past problems and delivering ideal results. Dr. Torgerson’s patients choose from a specially formulated gold-standard filler such as Restylane, Teosyal Global, Juvéderm, Teosyal Kiss, and Volbella. All of these are made of HA (hyaluronic acid), which is 100% natural, safe, and has a fantastic medical test record.
Are you one of many people who are a little nervous or uncertain about precisely what is used to inject the lips and how safe it is? Perhaps you’re interested in facial fillers, but you worry that they have synthetic substances, and you’re understandably concerned. You’ve come to the right place. We’re going to explain what HA is, why we believe it’s fantastic, and how it can be used to enhance natural beauty.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.
What Is Toronto Lip Filler Made Of?
Is it safe? There are different kinds of people when it comes to cosmetic and beauty treatments – people who jump enthusiastically right in without worry, trusting in their doctor’s care, and then everyone else. We recommend that the people in the first group be cautious and do some valuable research before having any treatments – especially invasive procedures that carry real health risks. We admire your confidence and zest for life. We want to see you safe and truly happy with your results though. For the second group, it can be tricky to navigate the technical, medical science, jargon, and anecdotes. You may find contradictory information as well and wind up more confused than when you started researching. Here we’ll break down some need-to-know facts about hyaluronic acid (HA). This is our preferred lip filler material and by far the most popular today.
Hyaluronic acid — you may have seen this watery humectant popping up in leading complexion-care products. Most modern injectable fillers for the lips are made of hyaluronic acid. From skin serums to anti-ageing creams, is it worth all the hype, or is it just another passing fad? Well, it turns out that HA occurs naturally in the body. Scientists didn’t invent it, and our bodies love it. We’re born with substantial amounts of HA in our tissues, including in the skin, joints, and brain. HA is hydrophilic, which means it’s water-loving and draws up to 1,000 times its own weight in moisture, making it essential to hydration in the human body. So if we make this slippery stuff naturally, how come we don’t all have skin as soft and bouncy as babies? Great question. Our natural hyaluronic acid levels begin to diminish with age, starting around 30. Our cells turn over more slowly, so we lose HA and produce less of it, along with reduced collagen and shrinking facial fat pads.
When applied topically, HA helps moisturize and plump the skin, reducing fine lines and strengthening healthy surface cells. If injected under the skin, this power product can do many desirable things. Filler is formulated with long chains of HA. The molecules are cross-linked and chemically suspended in a water solution or gel carrier. There is variability between manufacturers as to how exactly the HA gel is cross-linked and what chains or bonds are created between the particles. That means that a variety of HA fillers, made from essentially the same thing, can have various properties and duration in the body. Some are designed to be thick and resilient, holding together and resistant to spreading. Others are formulated to be somewhat fluid and flexible – soft yet resistant to breakdown by the natural process of metabolization. Particle size, concentration, and cohesivity will determine how the gel behaves in the body and will allow your injector to choose specific fillers like a painter chooses colours from a palette to create beauty.
Here are some beautiful HA product perks:
- Hyaluronic acid is eventually completely reabsorbed by your body’s tissues where it simply hydrates. And that’s a good thing
- Hyaluronic acid can be dissolved on the spot if you change your mind. That’s right – unlike filler materials used in the past and certain other cosmetic enhancements, this one carries minimal risk, in part because a solution called hyaluronidase can quickly and thoroughly break down the molecule links and allow the filler to disappear. The effects are typically complete within 24 hours, so this helps diminish the fear factor for many people.
- Medical studies have shown that injecting HA in the tissues actually stimulates collagen production where it is placed. That’s a permanent and long-lasting perk! Increased collagen is a natural immune response to the injected material, which brings more natural plumping agents to the area. And they remain. That might sound too good to be true, but it’s a real and wonderful benefit that has liquid HA formulations now being injected superficially over the whole face to “boost” the overall complexion. This type of HA is very fluid and absorbs right away to increase surface moisture and radiance.
- HA filler effects fade over time (between 6 months and 2 years, depending on the product and the area of treatment). You could consider this a drawback if you love your results and are budget-conscious, but the fact that these products fade slowly and gradually over time means that you can maintain a natural appearance and allow the immediate effects to soften to your liking. Once you achieve a result you like, smaller amounts of the product can be used to maintain it.
You mean it’s not silicone, plastic, or collagen?
Yikes! We’ve all heard comments about the injection of unnatural substances, but these are either not realistic or not used any more. In the case of collagen derived from animals, it was common decades ago, but today’s advanced hyaluronic acid fillers are safer and last longer, plus they look a lot better. When you come to visit us at the Torgerson clinic, you won’t have to wonder about what is being used in lip injections. We trust only the best, just like you.
In Part 2 of our in-depth look at the natural future of lip filler, we’ll explore techniques used to deliver flawless, classy results. Want an enhancement that looks just like you, only better? We’ll tell you exactly how to get what you want and avoid what you don’t want.
- Get to Know the Facts About Toronto Lip Filler
- Help With Choosing Lip Filler and a Reputable Injector in Toronto
- Here is Why More People in Toronto Are Boosting Their Confidence with Lip Filler
- Learn About the Rising Popularity of Toronto Lip Fillers
- Teosyal Pen
- The Top 10 Benefits of Non-Surgical Lip Filler in Toronto
- Think You Know Lip Fillers? In Toronto, the New Look is Less Duck, More Lovely (Part 1)
- Think You Know Lip Fillers? In Toronto, the New Look is Less Duck, More Lovely (Part 2)
- Toronto Lip Filler: Why the Look Went from Puffy to Perfect
- Toronto Lip Fillers Can Give You the Full, Luscious Lips You Want
- Toronto Lip Fillers Have Advantages Over Permanent Options
- What Is the Average Cost of a Toronto Lip Filler Treatment?
- You Can Customise Your Toronto Lip Filler Treatment
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.