Toronto Dermal Filler: How Is It Different from Botox?
The terms “Botox” and “filler” are often used interchangeably, as both are injectable treatment options designed to combat common signs of aging such as fine lines and wrinkles.
However, while they have similar objectives, they achieve these goals in different ways. If you are interested in Botox or dermal filler, it is important to be aware of how Toronto dermal filler is different from Botox to determine which treatment option is right for you.
Treating Downturned Corners
Dermal filler: With age, the skin becomes thinner and dryer as our supply of hyaluronic acid diminishes. As a result, the skin is less supported, which leads to the development of fine lines and wrinkles, telltale signs of aging. These cosmetic procedures are designed to counteract the impact that a loss of collagen and elastin has on the skin. Dermal filler specifically targets these folds and wrinkles, lifting and smoothing the skin and adding volume to the face to restore a more youthful appearance.
This procedure, which utilizes hyaluronic acid, a substance found naturally within the body, is incredibly safe and effective. It leads to dramatic, long-lasting results. Using a tiny needle, Dr. Torgerson, a renowned plastic surgeon, injects hyaluronic acid into the treatment area.
These procedures are effective in treating downturned corners of the mouth (known as marionette lines or oral commissures), tear trough or orbital hollowing under the eyes, and smile lines or laugh lines, known as nasolabial folds. Dermal fillers are also used for patients interested in lip filler in Toronto.
Botox: Botulinum toxin (Botox) is a natural, purified protein that is used to relax the facial muscles that are responsible for fine lines and wrinkles. It is injected into the muscles in the upper face such as the glabellar lines or frown lines between the eyebrows and the crow’s feet around the eyes.
Longevity of Results
Dermal filler: Toronto dermal filler is suitable for a wide range of patients and appeals to people hoping to counteract the aging process as well as those who wish to add structure or volume to the face.
Botox: Botox, which has been used extensively in medicine, is also effective in treating hyperhidrosis, or excessive sweating. Botox is also appropriate for a variety of patients. However, it is best suited to people who are interested in reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles in order to rejuvenate their skin. It typically targets frown lines between the eyebrows as well as moderate to severe crow’s-feet.
Dermal filler: In most cases, dermal filler can be injected by your Toronto plastic surgeon in as little as 30 to 45 minutes with minimal discomfort. The results, which are apparent immediately, typically last 18 months. However, in some cases, they may last up to 2 years.
Botox: The effects of Botox, on the other hand, take several days to appear and will gradually fade within 3 to 6 months.
Although you can resume normal day-to-day activities immediately afterwards, both dermal filler and Botox injections may result in slight bruising or swelling, which will diminish within 24 hours and can easily be concealed with makeup.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- 10 Things You Are Going To Wish You Knew Before Getting Lip Fillers In Toronto
- Toronto Lip Filler : A Definitive Guide
- The Most Common & Uncommon Uses of Dermal Fillers in Toronto
- The Best Dermal Filler in Toronto : What’s Right For You?
- Seven Myths about Lip Filler in Toronto
- 4 Of The Most Common Myths About Dermal Fillers In Toronto
- Dermal Filler for Contouring the Face
- How Can Dermal Filler in Toronto Make You Look Youthful and Vibrant?
- Toronto Dermal Filler: How Is It Different from Botox?
- Lip Filler/Augmentation Techniques
- Things to Know If You’re Considering Dermal Fillers
- Wrinkles and Fillers: Collagen And Other Types
- Choosing The Right Type Of Dermal Filler
- The Lip Filler Phenomenon
- Why Choose Teosyal?
- Risks Associated with Injectable Fillers
- Reasons People Choose Dermal Filler
- Restylane Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- What is a Liquid Facelift?
- Voluma Lift - By Dr. Torgerson
- Teosyal Pen
- What’s Best For Crow's Feet And Facial Lines?
- Juvederm Toronto - Dermal Filler By Dr. Torgerson
- Teosyal RHA
- Maintaining Your Facial Expressiveness Using the New Teosyal RHA Filler
- What Is The Best Injectable Filler For Under Eye Hollows?
- Teosyal Redensity I
- Face the Facts – Top 5 Dermal Filler Facts
- Do I Need A Facelift, Skin Tightening, Or Fillers?
- Fillers For Acne Scars: 10 Essential Facts To Understand
- Facial Fillers: Know The Difference
- What are Perfect Lips?
- Benefits of Injectable Fillers
- Best Lip Filler Treatment
- Which Dermal Fillers Work Best?
- Teosyal Versus Juvéderm And Restylane
- Types of Injectable Fillers
- Potential Side Effects of Teosyal Dermal Fillers
- Skin Rejuvenation With Dermal Fillers: Do’s And Don’ts
- What It's Really Like To Get Lip Injections For The First Time
- Dermal Filler For Nasolabial Folds And Smile Lines
- 5 Surprising Facts about Dermal Fillers
- Radiesse Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Volbella - Lip Filler By Dr. Torgerson
- Teosyal Redensity II
- The Best Ways To Treat Vertical Lines (Smoker Lines) Around the Mouth
- Popular Cosmetic Procedures For Men
- Everything You Need To Know About Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty (Nose Job)
- Top Health And Beauty Trends Of 2017
- Which Dermal Fillers Are Best For The Cheeks?
- Types of Dermal Fillers
- Tips For Reducing Swelling & Bruising After Dermal Filler Procedure
- Perlane Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Facial Fillers: Frequently Asked Questions
- Dermal Fillers And Jawline Contouring
- About V2 Microneedling Beauty Booster Treatments with Redensity [l]
- V2 Microneedling Beauty Booster
- Rich Face
- Why Different Fillers For Different Areas On The Face?
- Teosyal Redensity I Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Dermal Fillers: Your Top 10 Questions About This Popular Anti-Aging Trend
- Dermal Fillers: A Secret Skin-Rejuvenation Weapon
- Teosyal – What Is It and How Does It Work?
- Enhance Your Beauty by Preserving Facial Dynamism: Using Teosyal for Facial Rejuvenation
- What Is Teosyal Kiss?
- Selphyl Toronto
- Can Laser Resurfacing And Wrinkle Fillers Be Combined?
- What to Do After Lip Injections
- Lip Injections: Rise In Popularity
- Teoxane Cosmeceuticals
- Teosyal RHA Dynamic Fillers
- Botox, Fillers, And Other Cosmetic Procedures For Skin Rejuvenation
- Facial Fillers in Your 20s, 30s, 40s, and Up
- Teosyal Ultimate
- Teosyal Ultra Deep
- Best Injectable Fillers in Canada
- Wrinkle Treatment
- What Are Teosyal Fillers?
- Using Injectable Fillers To Rejuvenate Skin Non-Surgically
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.