Types of Dermal Fillers
Injectable fillers have become extremely popular over the last five years because of the natural-looking aesthetic improvements they provide without the need for going under the knife
As part of the aging process, collagen in our skin breaks down, diminishing its strength and volume. Dermal fillers are a safe and effective solution for replenishing that volume and restoring skin to its youthful condition. These injectable products require just a few minutes to inject, with the results being almost immediate. It is possible to receive treatment the same day as a consultation because allergy testing is not necessary. There are many quality injectable fillers on the market today, and it’s important for a potential client to know what options are available so they can make an informed decision about what would suit their needs and their lifestyle best.
Dermal fillers are a safe and effective solution for replenishing that volume and restoring skin to its youthful condition
How Long Do Dermal Fillers Last?
The dermal filler is injected with tiny needles into the dermis or just below the dermis, depending on the area being augmented. Little or no pain is experienced because local topical anesthesia can be administered prior to the injections. Most of the top hyaluronic acid fillers available on the market today now include the freezing agent lidocaine in them, so freezing and the injections can happen all in the same step. The anaesthesia is also useful for decreasing any bruising that might occur. Slight swelling and mild irritation can be expected, but any potential client should not dismiss injectable fillers for this reason, as the results outweigh the minimal discomfort. As the initial swelling subsides, the outcome should be exactly what clients expect when injected by a reputable and licensed professional. All fillers will maintain the desired effect for at least 6 months, with some products lasting up to 7 years!
The duration of the filler varies from patient to patient before the body eventually breaks it down and metabolizes it.
Hyaluronic acid is a naturally-occurring protein in the soft connective tissue of the skin
Dermal Fillers are the The Gel-Like Substances
Restylane, Juvederm, Perlane, Teosyal, Redensity II, Voluma, and Volbella are all brands that contain HA (hyaluronic acid). This is a naturally-occurring protein in the soft connective tissue of the skin. The gel-like substance is a synthetic form of HA and varies in thickness, depending on the manufacturer. Fillers with HA normally last 6 to 18 months and are the most popular type of filler on the market today for both men and women.
Generally, products with HA such as Redensity II can have outstanding results in depressed tear troughs and lower eyelids where sunken, hollow eyes can betray our aging genetics and our tiredness! Juveder, Teosyal Kiss, and Restylane are excellent for use as lip filler because they are smooth in consistency and swelling is minimal. Many patients love the instant results that help take away thin lips and gummy smiles. These fillers are also useful to fill and correct marionette lines that form above the lips – also known as smoker’s lines.
Teosyal Ultimate, Voluma, and Perlane have the thickest consistency and are perfect for filling larger areas like sunken cheeks and nasalabial folds (the area between the nose and mouth) for an instant, youthful lift and sculpted cheekbones!
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
MORE ABOUT DERMAL FILLER CHOICES
Many patients with acne scars can use Artesense as a product to help smooth the skin where scars have caused damage
The long lasting filler containing protein and DNA fragments is Artesense. The product Artesense acts as a scaffold for the skin, and after 2 to 3 months, tissue anchors to it. The results of Artesense can last up to 6 to 7 years, which is the longest durability of any injectable filler available. However, like Sculptra, Artesense does require multiple injections over several months. It is the most superior injectable product for acne scarring.
Technology is continually advancing in the facial cosmetic industry, and this list gives patients an idea of the vast number of superior dermal fillers that are available. A free consultation with one of our doctors is always necessary to determine which of these products is best suited to your particular area of concern. However, with so many quality options available, finding the solution you’re hoping for to achieve a natural, youthful appearance is easier than ever before.
RADIESSE IS ANOTHER CATEGORY OF INJECTABLE FILLER
It is a calcium-based filler that many have found to be excellent for building up the chin area as well as cheeks. Its durability is longer than some HA fillers and lasts 9 months to 1 year.
A third type of popular injectable filler is Sculptra. Sculptra is a synthetic form of polylactic acid that stimulates layers of new collagen to form. It’s actually made of the same product as absorbable sutures. In order to be effective, an injection of Sculptra is given 3 to 4 times at monthly intervals. It requires a higher commitment level than HA fillers because of the multiple injections needed over an extended length of time. The results are also not immediate, but do present after several weeks or months. This filler lasts for approximately 2 years and has proven to be a good product for volume restoration in the mid-face. Sculptra was originally approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Association (FDA) for treating facial fat loss in patients with HIV. It has now been FDA-approved for treating volume loss associated with normal aging.
The Selphyl system (also known as PRP Therapy) is unique because it uses only your own blood supply and is not mixed with anything else, making it 100% natural and exclusively your own. Having recently received much press as the “The Vampire Facelift”, Selphyl requires drawing the patient’s blood, which is then spun in a centrifuge. The platelets are then re-injected into the soft tissue of the area needing restoration. The platelet-rich plasma stimulates growth over a period of time; therefore, it requires several injections to achieve optimal results. Selphyl is particularly effective in the tear trough area under the eye. It is even being used for the backs of hands, where aging can show quite dramatically.
- Toronto Lip Filler: Why the Look Went from Puffy to Perfect
- Voluma Lift - By Dr. Torgerson
- Selphyl Toronto
- Volbella - Lip Filler By Dr. Torgerson
- Teosyal Ultimate
- Teosyal Redensity I Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Restylane Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Perlane Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Teosyal RHA Dynamic Fillers
- Radiesse Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Juvederm Toronto - Dermal Filler By Dr. Torgerson
- Why Choose Teosyal?
- Wrinkles and Fillers: Collagen And Other Types
- Why Different Fillers For Different Areas On The Face?
- Wrinkle Treatment
- Which Dermal Fillers Work Best?
- Which Dermal Fillers Are Best For The Cheeks?
- What to Do After Lip Injections
- What’s Best For Crow's Feet And Facial Lines?
- What It's Really Like To Get Lip Injections For The First Time
- What Is Teosyal Kiss?
- What Is The Best Injectable Filler For Under Eye Hollows?
- What is a Liquid Facelift?
- V2 Microneedling Beauty Booster
- What Are Teosyal Fillers?
- What are Perfect Lips?
- Types of Dermal Fillers
- Types of Injectable Fillers
- Using Injectable Fillers To Rejuvenate Skin Non-Surgically
- Toronto Lip Filler : A Definitive Guide
- Toronto Dermal Filler: How Is It Different from Botox?
- Top Health And Beauty Trends Of 2017
- Things to Know If You’re Considering Dermal Fillers
- Tips For Reducing Swelling & Bruising After Dermal Filler Procedure
- The Most Common & Uncommon Uses of Dermal Fillers in Toronto
- The Lip Filler Phenomenon
- The Best Ways To Treat Vertical Lines (Smoker Lines) Around the Mouth
- The Best Dermal Filler in Toronto : What’s Right For You?
- Teoxane Cosmeceuticals
- Teosyal Redensity I
- Teosyal Redensity II
- Teosyal Ultra Deep
- Teosyal – What Is It and How Does It Work?
- Teosyal Pen
- Teosyal Versus Juvéderm And Restylane
- Teosyal RHA
- Skin Rejuvenation With Dermal Fillers: Do’s And Don’ts
- Seven Myths about Lip Filler in Toronto
- Risks Associated with Injectable Fillers
- Rich Face
- Popular Cosmetic Procedures For Men
- Potential Side Effects of Teosyal Dermal Fillers
- Reasons People Choose Dermal Filler
- Lip Injections: Rise In Popularity
- Maintaining Your Facial Expressiveness Using the New Teosyal RHA Filler
- Lip Filler/Augmentation Techniques
- How Can Dermal Filler in Toronto Make You Look Youthful and Vibrant?
- Facial Fillers: Frequently Asked Questions
- Facial Fillers: Know The Difference
- Facial Fillers in Your 20s, 30s, 40s, and Up
- Fillers For Acne Scars: 10 Essential Facts To Understand
- Face the Facts – Top 5 Dermal Filler Facts
- Everything You Need To Know About Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty (Nose Job)
- Enhance Your Beauty by Preserving Facial Dynamism: Using Teosyal for Facial Rejuvenation
- Do I Need A Facelift, Skin Tightening, Or Fillers?
- Dermal Filler For Nasolabial Folds And Smile Lines
- Dermal Fillers: Your Top 10 Questions About This Popular Anti-Aging Trend
- Dermal Fillers And Jawline Contouring
- Dermal Fillers: A Secret Skin-Rejuvenation Weapon
- Dermal Filler for Contouring the Face
- Choosing The Right Type Of Dermal Filler
- Can Laser Resurfacing And Wrinkle Fillers Be Combined?
- Botox, Fillers, And Other Cosmetic Procedures For Skin Rejuvenation
- Best Lip Filler Treatment
- Benefits of Injectable Fillers
- Best Injectable Fillers in Canada
- About V2 Microneedling Beauty Booster Treatments with Redensity [l]
- 10 Things You Are Going To Wish You Knew Before Getting Lip Fillers In Toronto
- 4 Of The Most Common Myths About Dermal Fillers In Toronto
- 5 Surprising Facts about Dermal Fillers
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.