What It’s Really Like To Get Lip Injections For The First Time
Anyone who has ever considered lip injections may be apprehensive the first time
Dermal filler lip injections are becoming common for many individuals, including patients in their early twenties, and this has many wondering what it is like to get lip injections for the first time. The reason many women are drawn to lip injections is that it is a safe and reversible procedure that involves hyaluronic acid, a naturally occurring substance in the body.
Once you have had a consultation with the plastic surgeon and book an appointment, you can begin to prepare for your procedure
The Days Leading Up To The Procedure
Many women decide to have lip injections so they can have full, pouty lips. This is especially true among women with naturally thin lips.
This is a procedure that will be noticeable, so many patients tell their friends and family about the treatment before the day of the appointment. It is normal to hear mixed reactions. Patients typically say that most of their loved ones are very supportive, but it shouldn’t be a surprise that some friends, family, and colleagues may be skeptical or worried about you. However, lip injections are quite safe, and they are also reversible. There is an enzyme that can be injected to break down the hyaluronic acid very quickly into the body. The result is also semi-lasting, so without subsequent treatment, the effect will dissipate after 6 to 9 months. Many people think this is a long lasting procedure, and their worries are put to rest when they are informed about this treatment.
Day Of The Procedure
On the day of the procedure, you will be walked through the treatment and offered numbing cream if lidocaine (an anaesthetic) is not already included in your dermal filler product. Most patients don’t feel a thing, but there may be a slight sensation as the doctor shapes and forms the hyaluronic gel in the lips. Many patients start with one syringe their first time, which equals approximately 3 to 4 injections in each lip. To create ideal symmetry and to shape each lip appropriately, it’s important to treat both lips even if the patient is concerned about only one. The entire procedure takes no more than 45 minutes, and the patient is sent home with instructions to ice the area.
Many women are already familiar with hyaluronic acid from their face creams because this substance promotes skin hydration and makes the skin supple and smooth
After The Procedure
Approximately 3 to 5 hours after the procedure there may be swelling, bruising, pain, and discomfort, but it is bearable. You can feel free to ask one of our doctors at the time of the procedure if he thinks you will bruise. The doctor has enough experience to have an idea as to whether the individual will bruise and swell.
How Long Do The Results Last?
The discomfort can last for a couple of days, and patients should take it easy and avoid touching or rubbing their lips. By the second day, most say their lips have settled and they can begin to apply more lipstick and have fun with their newfound larger and plumper lips. The results can last anywhere from 3 months to 1 year, depending on how the individual metabolizes the hyaluronic acid and breaks it down in their body.
Book A Consultation
It is important to choose a physician who has at least 5 years’ experience with lip injections to ensure the safest and best possible result. Booking a consultation is the best way to determine whether lip injections are the best treatment for your concerns. Our team can be contacted anytime with questions and inquiries. They can be reached at 647-343-0207.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- The Most Common & Uncommon Uses of Dermal Fillers in Toronto
- The Best Dermal Filler in Toronto : What’s Right For You?
- Seven Myths about Lip Filler in Toronto
- Toronto Lip Filler : A Definitive Guide
- 10 Things You Are Going To Wish You Knew Before Getting Lip Fillers In Toronto
- 4 Of The Most Common Myths About Dermal Fillers In Toronto
- Dermal Filler for Contouring the Face
- How Can Dermal Filler in Toronto Make You Look Youthful and Vibrant?
- Toronto Dermal Filler: How Is It Different from Botox?
- Lip Filler/Augmentation Techniques
- Things to Know If You’re Considering Dermal Fillers
- Wrinkles and Fillers: Collagen And Other Types
- Choosing The Right Type Of Dermal Filler
- The Lip Filler Phenomenon
- Why Choose Teosyal?
- Risks Associated with Injectable Fillers
- Reasons People Choose Dermal Filler
- Restylane Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- What is a Liquid Facelift?
- Voluma Lift - By Dr. Torgerson
- Teosyal Pen
- What’s Best For Crow's Feet And Facial Lines?
- Juvederm Toronto - Dermal Filler By Dr. Torgerson
- Teosyal RHA
- Maintaining Your Facial Expressiveness Using the New Teosyal RHA Filler
- What Is The Best Injectable Filler For Under Eye Hollows?
- Teosyal Redensity I
- Face the Facts – Top 5 Dermal Filler Facts
- Do I Need A Facelift, Skin Tightening, Or Fillers?
- Fillers For Acne Scars: 10 Essential Facts To Understand
- Facial Fillers: Know The Difference
- What are Perfect Lips?
- Benefits of Injectable Fillers
- Best Lip Filler Treatment
- Which Dermal Fillers Work Best?
- Teosyal Versus Juvéderm And Restylane
- Types of Injectable Fillers
- Potential Side Effects of Teosyal Dermal Fillers
- Skin Rejuvenation With Dermal Fillers: Do’s And Don’ts
- What It's Really Like To Get Lip Injections For The First Time
- Dermal Filler For Nasolabial Folds And Smile Lines
- 5 Surprising Facts about Dermal Fillers
- Radiesse Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Volbella - Lip Filler By Dr. Torgerson
- Teosyal Redensity II
- The Best Ways To Treat Vertical Lines (Smoker Lines) Around the Mouth
- Popular Cosmetic Procedures For Men
- Everything You Need To Know About Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty (Nose Job)
- Top Health And Beauty Trends Of 2017
- Which Dermal Fillers Are Best For The Cheeks?
- Types of Dermal Fillers
- Tips For Reducing Swelling & Bruising After Dermal Filler Procedure
- Perlane Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Facial Fillers: Frequently Asked Questions
- Dermal Fillers And Jawline Contouring
- About V2 Microneedling Beauty Booster Treatments with Redensity [l]
- V2 Microneedling Beauty Booster
- Rich Face
- Why Different Fillers For Different Areas On The Face?
- Teosyal Redensity I Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Dermal Fillers: Your Top 10 Questions About This Popular Anti-Aging Trend
- Dermal Fillers: A Secret Skin-Rejuvenation Weapon
- Teosyal – What Is It and How Does It Work?
- Enhance Your Beauty by Preserving Facial Dynamism: Using Teosyal for Facial Rejuvenation
- What Is Teosyal Kiss?
- Selphyl Toronto
- Can Laser Resurfacing And Wrinkle Fillers Be Combined?
- What to Do After Lip Injections
- Lip Injections: Rise In Popularity
- Teoxane Cosmeceuticals
- Teosyal RHA Dynamic Fillers
- Botox, Fillers, And Other Cosmetic Procedures For Skin Rejuvenation
- Facial Fillers in Your 20s, 30s, 40s, and Up
- Teosyal Ultimate
- Teosyal Ultra Deep
- Best Injectable Fillers in Canada
- Wrinkle Treatment
- What Are Teosyal Fillers?
- Using Injectable Fillers To Rejuvenate Skin Non-Surgically
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.