What It’s Really Like To Get Lip Injections For The First Time
Anyone who has ever considered lip injections may be apprehensive the first time
Dermal filler lip injections are becoming common for many individuals, including patients in their early twenties, and this has many wondering what it is like to get lip injections for the first time. The reason many women are drawn to lip injections is that it is a safe and reversible procedure that involves hyaluronic acid, a naturally occurring substance in the body.
Once you have had a consultation with the plastic surgeon and book an appointment, you can begin to prepare for your procedure
The Days Leading Up To The Procedure
Many women decide to have lip injections so they can have full, pouty lips. This is especially true among women with naturally thin lips.
This is a procedure that will be noticeable, so many patients tell their friends and family about the treatment before the day of the appointment. It is normal to hear mixed reactions. Patients typically say that most of their loved ones are very supportive, but it shouldn’t be a surprise that some friends, family, and colleagues may be skeptical or worried about you. However, lip injections are quite safe, and they are also reversible. There is an enzyme that can be injected to break down the hyaluronic acid very quickly into the body. The result is also semi-lasting, so without subsequent treatment, the effect will dissipate after 6 to 9 months. Many people think this is a long lasting procedure, and their worries are put to rest when they are informed about this treatment.
Day Of The Procedure
On the day of the procedure, you will be walked through the treatment and offered numbing cream if lidocaine (an anaesthetic) is not already included in your dermal filler product. Most patients don’t feel a thing, but there may be a slight sensation as the doctor shapes and forms the hyaluronic gel in the lips. Many patients start with one syringe their first time, which equals approximately 3 to 4 injections in each lip. To create ideal symmetry and to shape each lip appropriately, it’s important to treat both lips even if the patient is concerned about only one. The entire procedure takes no more than 45 minutes, and the patient is sent home with instructions to ice the area.
Many women are already familiar with hyaluronic acid from their face creams because this substance promotes skin hydration and makes the skin supple and smooth
After The Procedure
Approximately 3 to 5 hours after the procedure there may be swelling, bruising, pain, and discomfort, but it is bearable. You can feel free to ask one of our doctors at the time of the procedure if he thinks you will bruise. The doctor has enough experience to have an idea as to whether the individual will bruise and swell.
How Long Do The Results Last?
The discomfort can last for a couple of days, and patients should take it easy and avoid touching or rubbing their lips. By the second day, most say their lips have settled and they can begin to apply more lipstick and have fun with their newfound larger and plumper lips. The results can last anywhere from 3 months to 1 year, depending on how the individual metabolizes the hyaluronic acid and breaks it down in their body.
Book A Consultation
It is important to choose a physician who has at least 5 years’ experience with lip injections to ensure the safest and best possible result. Booking a consultation is the best way to determine whether lip injections are the best treatment for your concerns. Our team can be contacted anytime with questions and inquiries. They can be reached at 647-343-0207.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- 10 Things You Are Going To Wish You Knew Before Getting Lip Fillers In Toronto
- 4 Of The Most Common Myths About Dermal Fillers In Toronto
- 5 Surprising Facts about Dermal Fillers
- About V2 Microneedling Beauty Booster Treatments with Redensity [l]
- Benefits of Injectable Fillers
- Best Injectable Fillers in Canada
- Best Lip Filler Treatment
- Botox, Fillers, And Other Cosmetic Procedures For Skin Rejuvenation
- Can Laser Resurfacing And Wrinkle Fillers Be Combined?
- Choosing The Right Type Of Dermal Filler
- Dermal Filler for Contouring the Face
- Dermal Filler For Nasolabial Folds And Smile Lines
- Dermal Fillers And Jawline Contouring
- Dermal Fillers: A Secret Skin-Rejuvenation Weapon
- Dermal Fillers: Your Top 10 Questions About This Popular Anti-Aging Trend
- Do I Need A Facelift, Skin Tightening, Or Fillers?
- Enhance Your Beauty by Preserving Facial Dynamism: Using Teosyal for Facial Rejuvenation
- Everything You Need To Know About Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty (Nose Job)
- Face the Facts – Top 5 Dermal Filler Facts
- Facial Fillers in Your 20s, 30s, 40s, and Up
- Facial Fillers: Frequently Asked Questions
- Facial Fillers: Know The Difference
- Fillers For Acne Scars: 10 Essential Facts To Understand
- How Can Dermal Filler in Toronto Make You Look Youthful and Vibrant?
- Juvederm Toronto - Dermal Filler By Dr. Torgerson
- Lip Filler/Augmentation Techniques
- Lip Injections: Rise In Popularity
- Maintaining Your Facial Expressiveness Using the New Teosyal RHA Filler
- Perlane Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Popular Cosmetic Procedures For Men
- Potential Side Effects of Teosyal Dermal Fillers
- PRP Treatments Toronto
- Radiesse Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Reasons People Choose Dermal Filler
- Restylane Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Rich Face
- Risks Associated with Injectable Fillers
- Seven Myths about Lip Filler in Toronto
- Skin Rejuvenation With Dermal Fillers: Do’s And Don’ts
- Teosyal – What Is It and How Does It Work?
- Teosyal Pen
- Teosyal Redensity I
- Teosyal Redensity I Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Teosyal Redensity II
- Teosyal RHA
- Teosyal RHA Dynamic Fillers
- Teosyal Ultimate
- Teosyal Ultra Deep
- Teosyal Versus Juvéderm And Restylane
- Teoxane Cosmeceuticals
- The Best Dermal Filler in Toronto : What’s Right For You?
- The Best Ways To Treat Vertical Lines (Smoker Lines) Around the Mouth
- The Lip Filler Phenomenon
- The Most Common & Uncommon Uses of Dermal Fillers in Toronto
- Things to Know If You’re Considering Dermal Fillers
- Tips For Reducing Swelling & Bruising After Dermal Filler Procedure
- Top Health And Beauty Trends Of 2017
- Toronto Dermal Filler: How Is It Different from Botox?
- Toronto Lip Filler: A Definitive Guide
- Toronto Lip Filler: Why the Look Went from Puffy to Perfect
- Types of Dermal Fillers
- Types of Injectable Fillers
- Using Injectable Fillers To Rejuvenate Skin Non-Surgically
- V2 Microneedling Beauty Booster
- Volbella - Lip Filler By Dr. Torgerson
- Voluma Lift - By Dr. Torgerson
- What are Perfect Lips?
- What Are Teosyal Fillers?
- What is a Liquid Facelift?
- What Is Teosyal Kiss?
- What Is the Best Injectable Filler for Under Eye Hollows?
- What It's Really Like To Get Lip Injections For The First Time
- What to Do After Lip Injections
- What’s Best For Crow's Feet And Facial Lines?
- Which Dermal Fillers Are Best For The Cheeks?
- Which Dermal Fillers Work Best?
- Why Choose Teosyal?
- Why Different Fillers For Different Areas On The Face?
- Wrinkle Treatment
- Wrinkles and Fillers: Collagen And Other Types
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.