Wrinkles and Fillers: Collagen And Other Types
Dermal fillers aren’t one-size-fits-all. There are different kinds of dermal fillers that last varying amounts of time.
Certain types work better in specific parts of the face or to treat certain concerns. Most dermal fillers can be categorized as temporary, semi-lasting, or long lasting. You’ll notice the results from temporary dermal fillers for 6 months to a year. This is an especially good choice if you’re new to dermal fillers and are nervous about what the results will look like. Talk to your doctor to find out whether a temporary filler will be appropriate for you to test out the look and feel of a filler treatment. Semi-lasting fillers can last from 1 year up to 18 months, and long lasting fillers can last for 5 years or more.
Choosing product from Teosyal line
Types Of Dermal Fillers
Juvéderm is a dermal filler that’s made from hyaluronic acid. It’s also infused with lidocaine, which helps numb your skin during the treatment. Our bodies naturally produce hyaluronic acid, but levels of this substance begin to drop as we get older. Juvéderm uses this natural substance to assist in facial rejuvenation. It’s safe and FDA-approved, lasting for up to 12 months. Another kind of dermal filler, Restylane, is made of a substance that mimics hyaluronic acid. Restylane will provide beautiful results for up to 9 months. Doctors often use it for folds and creases around the nose, fine lines near the mouth, and smile lines near the eyes. Teosyal is another dermal filler that works to replace the hyaluronic acid that your skin needs to look youthful and refreshed. Replacing the lost hyaluronic acid gives your skin more volume, smoothing out fine lines and filling in deeper wrinkles. Teosyal has an entire product line, with each product specialized according to the area of your face or the kind of lines that you’d like to have corrected. Teosyal Redensity II, for instance, is wonderful for filling in the area just under the eye (which can grow hollow over time and make you look tired). Meanwhile, Teosyal Kiss is perfect for increasing lip volume and smoothing out fine lines around the mouth. Your doctor will decide which product in the Teosyal line will work best for your individual needs.
Radiesse And Natural Fillers
Radiesse works differently than hyaluronic acid-based fillers, as it helps stimulate your body’s natural collagen production. Radiesse is made of calcium-based microspheres that are suspended in a water-based gel. When the Radiesse is first injected, it provides the initial plumping and filling effect. As time goes on, your body absorbs the gel. After this happens, the collagen that your body has produced takes over, making lines and hollow areas look smooth and full. For individuals interested in a more natural filler option, Selphyl and Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) therapy works with a treatment that is created using the patient’s own blood. Everything happens in the doctor’s office; the blood is drawn, prepared, and used to target any areas that need to be treated. This all happens in the same doctor’s visit, so it’s easy and convenient. Selphyl and PRP therapy create healthy skin and encourage your body to generate natural collagen. Best of all, this treatment is safe for use in any area of the body.
Which Treatment Do I Choose?
Choosing the best dermal filler treatment is as simple as scheduling a consultation with one of our cosmetic doctors at (647) 343-0207 to discuss the areas of your face and body that you’d like to improve. During the consultation, our doctors will be able to advise you on the kind of procedure(s) you’ll benefit from the most, given your unique anatomy and goals.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- Toronto Lip Filler: Why the Look Went from Puffy to Perfect
- Voluma Lift - By Dr. Torgerson
- Selphyl Toronto
- Volbella - Lip Filler By Dr. Torgerson
- Teosyal Ultimate
- Teosyal Redensity I Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Restylane Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Perlane Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Teosyal RHA Dynamic Fillers
- Radiesse Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Juvederm Toronto - Dermal Filler By Dr. Torgerson
- Why Choose Teosyal?
- Wrinkles and Fillers: Collagen And Other Types
- Why Different Fillers For Different Areas On The Face?
- Wrinkle Treatment
- Which Dermal Fillers Work Best?
- Which Dermal Fillers Are Best For The Cheeks?
- What to Do After Lip Injections
- What’s Best For Crow's Feet And Facial Lines?
- What It's Really Like To Get Lip Injections For The First Time
- What Is Teosyal Kiss?
- What Is The Best Injectable Filler For Under Eye Hollows?
- What is a Liquid Facelift?
- V2 Microneedling Beauty Booster
- What Are Teosyal Fillers?
- What are Perfect Lips?
- Types of Dermal Fillers
- Types of Injectable Fillers
- Using Injectable Fillers To Rejuvenate Skin Non-Surgically
- Toronto Lip Filler : A Definitive Guide
- Toronto Dermal Filler: How Is It Different from Botox?
- Top Health And Beauty Trends Of 2017
- Things to Know If You’re Considering Dermal Fillers
- Tips For Reducing Swelling & Bruising After Dermal Filler Procedure
- The Most Common & Uncommon Uses of Dermal Fillers in Toronto
- The Lip Filler Phenomenon
- The Best Ways To Treat Vertical Lines (Smoker Lines) Around the Mouth
- The Best Dermal Filler in Toronto : What’s Right For You?
- Teoxane Cosmeceuticals
- Teosyal Redensity I
- Teosyal Redensity II
- Teosyal Ultra Deep
- Teosyal – What Is It and How Does It Work?
- Teosyal Pen
- Teosyal Versus Juvéderm And Restylane
- Teosyal RHA
- Skin Rejuvenation With Dermal Fillers: Do’s And Don’ts
- Seven Myths about Lip Filler in Toronto
- Risks Associated with Injectable Fillers
- Rich Face
- Popular Cosmetic Procedures For Men
- Potential Side Effects of Teosyal Dermal Fillers
- Reasons People Choose Dermal Filler
- Lip Injections: Rise In Popularity
- Maintaining Your Facial Expressiveness Using the New Teosyal RHA Filler
- Lip Filler/Augmentation Techniques
- How Can Dermal Filler in Toronto Make You Look Youthful and Vibrant?
- Facial Fillers: Frequently Asked Questions
- Facial Fillers: Know The Difference
- Facial Fillers in Your 20s, 30s, 40s, and Up
- Fillers For Acne Scars: 10 Essential Facts To Understand
- Face the Facts – Top 5 Dermal Filler Facts
- Everything You Need To Know About Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty (Nose Job)
- Enhance Your Beauty by Preserving Facial Dynamism: Using Teosyal for Facial Rejuvenation
- Do I Need A Facelift, Skin Tightening, Or Fillers?
- Dermal Filler For Nasolabial Folds And Smile Lines
- Dermal Fillers: Your Top 10 Questions About This Popular Anti-Aging Trend
- Dermal Fillers And Jawline Contouring
- Dermal Fillers: A Secret Skin-Rejuvenation Weapon
- Dermal Filler for Contouring the Face
- Choosing The Right Type Of Dermal Filler
- Can Laser Resurfacing And Wrinkle Fillers Be Combined?
- Botox, Fillers, And Other Cosmetic Procedures For Skin Rejuvenation
- Best Lip Filler Treatment
- Benefits of Injectable Fillers
- Best Injectable Fillers in Canada
- About V2 Microneedling Beauty Booster Treatments with Redensity [l]
- 10 Things You Are Going To Wish You Knew Before Getting Lip Fillers In Toronto
- 4 Of The Most Common Myths About Dermal Fillers In Toronto
- 5 Surprising Facts about Dermal Fillers
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.