Acne Scar Resurfacing For The Cheeks
The formation of acne scars are often the cause of the body’s inflammation response to breakouts on the face and body
Chronic inflammation of acne on the surface of the skin can cause unattractive, acne scarring. To effectively treat acne scarring, you must determine the best treatment for the type of acne scars that are on the skin of the face. The cheeks are the predominant area affected by acne scarring on the face, as they are the largest surface area on the face. Treating the cheeks is a common request by people who want to minimize the appearance of acne scarring on their face without having to undergo full face treatments. Spot treatments are ideal for people who want to target scarring on specific areas of their face. To understand how to treat acne scarring on the cheeks, you need to determine the type of scar for the proper treatment agenda. Below we highlight the common types of acne scars.
Fotona 4D laser technology, gently resurfaces, rejuvenates the skin
Ice Pick Scars
Ice pick scars are formed as deep pits on the surface of the skin that are commonly narrow in width and extend deep into the skin, appearing like “holes” similar to puncture marks on the surface of the skin.
Boxcar scars are scars that appears angular with distinct, sharp-looking edges. This type of acne scars resembles chicken pox scars and can generally be found on the cheeks and temples of the face. Boxcars can be shallow or deep in appearance.
Rolling scars are also commonly found the cheeks, often caused by damage to the dermal layers of the skin. Rolling scars can appear anywhere on the face, but typically affect the cheeks.
Hypertrophic scars are less common forms of acne scarring. However, they can occur anywhere on the body. Hypertrophic scars are caused by aggressive forms of cystic acne and acne nodules that cause deep structural damage to the skin and can create unevenness on the surface of the skin by appearing raised and lumpy.
Hyperpigmentation commonly occurs on darker-skinned individuals. The characteristics can be described as red or dark marks on the skin after the pimple has healed. These dark marks can take months or even years to fade away and can become darker with chronic sun exposure.
Types Of Acne Scar Treatments For The Cheeks Include:
Skin-resurfacing treatments with lasers are the industry standard for acne scar-reducing procedures for boxcar, icepick, and rolling scars. The two most common type of laser acne-reducing treatments include:
CO2 deep fractional laser-resurfacing treatments are invasive skin treatments that can significantly reduce acne scars, reduce pore size, and improve the texture of the skin on the cheek.
Fotona Active Acne Treatments
Fotona SP Dynamis uses the latest high-performance dual-wavelength technology to treat various forms of acne. The combination of Nd:YAG and erbium YAG lasers create a synergistic approach to active acne by disinfecting the areas affected by acne and subsequently coagulating the treatment area to prevent the reoccurrence of acne.
Dermal fillers are an ideal choice for some acne scars that are resistant to other laser acne-reducing procedures. Common dermal fillers that are ideal for the treatment of deep acne scars include Teosyal Ultra Deep and Teosyal Ultimate. These two filler formulas contain more structured, crosslinked, hyaluronic acid formulas that can lift the areas of the scars and provide results that can last up to 1 year.
There is no single perfect treatment for specific acne scar types, but rather a customized approach in reducing scarring that can yield substantially improved results in patients with a combination of acne scar types.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
Fotona Laser Treatment
- What Is Smooth Mode?
- Head-to-toe Aesthetic Treatments - Part 2: Upper Body
- Fotona Laser Treatments For The Hands
- What You Need To Know About Fractional Laser Resurfacing With Fotona
- The Power Of Laser Face Lifting With Fotona 4D
- Piano Mode Laser Skin Tightening Treatments
- Non-Surgical Neck Lift With Fotona
- Non-Invasive Laser Body Contouring For New Moms
- Non-Invasive Facial Contouring Options For Upper Face
- Lip Plumping With Fotona
- Laser Brow Lifting With Fotona
- Know Your Non-Surgical Body-Contouring Options
- IntimaLase - Laser Vaginal Tightening
- How To Contour Your Jawline With Fotona Laser Treatments
- HotSculpting Vs. SculpSure
- HotSculpting FAQ Part 2
- Head-to-Toe Aesthetic Treatments – Part 3 : Lower Body
- Head-to-Toe Aesthetic Treatments – Part 1: Head And Neck
- Fotona TightSculpting
- Fotona Smooth Mode for Gynecology
- Fotona RenovaLase – Vaginal Atrophy Laser Treatment
- Fotona Piano Mode Laser Facial Rejuvenation
- Fotona Laser Skin Tightening
- Fotona IncontiLase Treatments for Stress Urinary Incontinence
- Do This Once A Week To Look Slimmer Fast
- Deep Fractionated Laser Treatments With Fotona
- 2D Non-Invasive Body Contouring
- Reduce Rosacea With Fotona
- Laser Breast Lifting – FAQ – Part 2
- Laser Breast Lifting – FAQ – Part 1
- Laser Neck Lifting With Fotona
- Laser Skin Rejuvenation With FRAC3
- Ideal Laser Breast Lifting Candidates
- How Does Laser Breast Lifting Work?
- Hot Vs. Cold
- HotSculpting FAQ Part 1
- Fotona Laser Arm Lifting
- Bikini-Ready Body Treatments
- Benefits Of Laser Face Lifting
- Acne Scar Resurfacing For The Cheeks
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.