Did you know that according to sleepdisordersguide.com, two thirds of all partnered adults say that their partner snores?
This means that many people are struggling to get a good night’s snooze session because of the disturbance that snoring can have on couples.
Fotona is one of the leading manufacturers of laser technology
Fotona Anti-Snore Treatment
Snoring is directly related to other unwanted conditions like obstructive sleep apnea. Sleep apnea patients can have symptoms like low energy, hypertension, and increased risk of stroke and heart attack. Medical procedures for sleep apnea include tonsillectomy and/or adenoidectomy, which involves the removal of the tonsils and adenoids structures. Surgical intervention may not always be an option for some people, however, so Dr. Torgerson is excited to introduce laser technology to help his patients treat their snoring related issues and enhance their daily lives. **
Fotona is one of the leading manufacturers of laser technology. They have developed a laser delivery system that can treat common problems like snoring. The system also provides other great benefits like wrinkle reduction and skin rejuvenation. Treating snoring can have valuable positive effects for people who have suffered from many nights of unrestful sleep. The Fotona Dynamis SP Series is integrated with a non-ablative Er:YAG laser, where no tissues are removed, to stimulate skin tightening and collagen production in the back of the mouth and open the airways. This treatment requires no aesthetics and does not cause intraoral or post operative pain. **
Fotona NightLase patented laser technology treatments increase the regeneration process of collagen and fibroblasts in the back of the mouth. The contraction of the back of the oral cavity supports the uvula and soft palate of the throat, where snoring originates from. Well supported airway passages result in the patient’s ability to breathe regularly at night with increased oxygen intake. Initial treatments should be repeated every 3 weeks until considerable improvements are achieved. The longevity of anti-snoring treatments is intensified with repeated treatments. **
Thermally induced collagen-tightening treatment results are comparable to surgical procedures
How Does It Work?
NightLase technology works via a sequence of sub-ablative micropulses that are delivered to the back of the throat. The high-performance laser ablates precisely without thermally heating the surrounding tissues. The laser energy causes heat shock to the surrounding tissues, inducing the tightening of collagen fibres in the back of the mouth. Thermally induced collagen-tightening treatments are long-lasting, with results that are comparable to surgical procedures. **
Most patients require about 3 treatments spaced one month apart to achieve long lasting results. The laser technology uses Er:YAG fractionated non-ablative laser to stimulate neo collagenesis in oral tissue cells. NightLase treatments are minimally invasive and allow the superficial penetration of thermal heat into the tissues without any adverse side effects. NightLase anti-snoring treatments are non-ablative intraoral procedures with no associated pain, redness, or swelling. Treatments are expected to last anywhere from 6 to 12 months or longer. **
If you are interested in remedies for snoring without pain or discomfort, then laser-assisted anti-snoring treatments could be an ideal option for you. Snoring reduction programs effectively reduce the symptoms associated with the lack of quality sleep from sleep apnea and other sleep disorders. Contact Dr. Torgerson’s Facial Cosmetic Surgery Clinic today to schedule your consultation. **
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
Fotona Laser Treatment
- 2D Non-Invasive Body Contouring
- Acne Scar Resurfacing For The Cheeks
- Benefits Of Laser Face Lifting
- Bikini-Ready Body Treatments
- Deep Fractionated Laser Treatments with Fotona
- Do This Once A Week To Look Slimmer Fast
- Fotona IncontiLase Treatments for Stress Urinary Incontinence
- Fotona Laser Arm Lifting
- Fotona Laser Skin Tightening
- Fotona Laser Treatments For The Hands
- Fotona Piano Mode Laser Facial Rejuvenation
- Fotona RenovaLase – Vaginal Atrophy Laser Treatment
- Fotona Smooth Mode for Gynecology
- Fotona TightSculpting
- Head-to-toe Aesthetic Treatments - Part 2: Upper Body
- Head-to-Toe Aesthetic Treatments – Part 1: Head And Neck
- Head-to-Toe Aesthetic Treatments – Part 3 : Lower Body
- Hot Vs. Cold
- HotSculpting FAQ Part 1
- HotSculpting FAQ Part 2
- HotSculpting Vs. SculpSure
- How Does Laser Breast Lifting Work?
- How To Contour Your Jawline With Fotona Laser Treatments
- Ideal Laser Breast Lifting Candidates
- IntimaLase - Laser Vaginal Tightening
- Know Your Non-Surgical Body-Contouring Options
- Laser Breast Lifting – FAQ – Part 1
- Laser Breast Lifting – FAQ – Part 2
- Laser Brow Lifting With Fotona
- Laser Neck Lifting With Fotona
- Laser Skin Rejuvenation With FRAC3
- Lip Plumping with Fotona
- Non-Invasive Facial Contouring Options For Upper Face
- Non-Invasive Laser Body Contouring For New Moms
- Non-Surgical Neck Lift With Fotona
- Piano Mode Laser Skin Tightening Treatments
- Reduce Rosacea With Fotona
- The Power Of Laser Face Lifting With Fotona 4D
- What Is Smooth Mode?
- What You Need to Know About Fractional Laser Resurfacing with Fotona
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.