At Dr. Torgerson’s cosmetic surgery and laser clinic in downtown Toronto, patients are loving their clear, porcelain skin results with Green Toning.
When you have dark, pigmented skin around your eyes, no concealer seems to cover it, and few topical products will affect it.
We’re excited to share how this laser technology advancement is targeting multiple skin texture and pigmentation issues using a fast, non-ablative Fotona pico laser. Dramatic, visible skin lightening and tone improvements are achieved without the discomfort or downtime once expected.
The StarWalker pico laser by Fotona uses a powerful 2-step system to reduce unwanted facial pigment, under-eye circles, freckles, and uneven skin tone.
Do you notice sun damage when you look in the mirror? If you have an Asian complexion, melasma, darkened scars, and hyperpigmentation can be an embarrassing issue.
Green Toning is safe for Asian skin that is prone to hyperpigmentation. It also reduces pore size, improves skin colour, improves the appearance of sun damage, and helps smooth skin texture. In fact, the StarWalker pico laser is so multifaceted, we can treat melasma, hyperpigmentation, and redness at both the dermal and epidermal levels.
It’s multiple solutions in one, which is why Dr. Torgerson’s patients are gravitating to Green Toning for bright, youthful complexions. Call to learn more today!
Green Toning Laser Treatment
How Does the Green Toning Laser Work?
The same panda eyes and angel whitening laser treatment technology is behind the Green Toning dual-wavelength approach.
Green Toning uses 2 light energy wavelengths: the Q-switched YAG, which treats deep pigmentation, and the Q-switched KTP, which treats more superficial pigment. As with the StarWalker pico tattoo removal, rapid, nanosecond pulses target the dermal and epidermal skin layers. The effect shatters pigments so they can be naturally flushed out of the body’s lymphatic system. The photo-acoustic reaction obliterates pigment into such fine dust that it is cleared from the system faster and more completely than any laser technology of the past.
Green Toning is non-ablative. That means it doesn’t require anaesthetic, and it doesn’t damage the surface layers of skin to stimulate sloughing and peeling. That’s why it is far less uncomfortable than ablative lasers like CO2, and it doesn’t require downtime.
Most people schedule Green Toning treatment in Toronto to erase their unwanted pigmentation. They can focus on stubborn skin concerns like melasma, freckles, sunspots, and scars.
Melasma and rosacea have a vascular component, so the Green Toning multi-wavelength pico modality targets capillaries along with pigment for comprehensive transformation.
Green Toning offers clearer, even-toned skin and multiple additional benefits like supple, firmer tone, minimized pores, and a natural glow with less makeup!
Green Toning Treatment with Fotona’s StarWalker
What Areas Can Green Toning Improve?
Green Toning lightens and evens pigmentation anywhere on the body. Our clients typically brighten their face, décolletage, and hands, which experience the most sun exposure and environmental stress. Green Toning is also used to improve post-inflammatory pigmentation (PIH) due to skin injuries such as burns, cuts, or surgical scars.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
Green Toning Treatment
Is There Downtime After Green Toning Treatment in Toronto?
Green Toning comes with few associated complications or risks. We will inform you about pre-and post-treatment care instructions for your safety and ensure optimal results.
- Potential risks related to laser treatments include:
- Hyperpigmentation – Pigmentation may temporarily darken, or darkened areas may persist. Lightening products can help fade unwanted darkening.
- Hypopigmentation – In rare cases, the skin may lose pigment unexpectedly after laser treatment.
- Prolonged redness or inflammation – Usually redness fades within 24 hours, but it can last longer.
- Bacterial or viral infection – Laser treatments may trigger a herpes simplex outbreak. You must let your practitioner know if you’re susceptible to cold sores and other viral conditions.
To maintain a flawless complexion, follow the gentle post-treatment care instructions provided and avoid UV exposure throughout your treatment period. We usually advise patients to undergo 3 to 4 sessions, 4 weeks apart.
Who Makes an Ideal Candidate for Green Toning?
Green Toning helps reduce chloasma, melasma, and pigmentation in both the epidermal and dermal skin layers. People with fair skin or medium/Asian skin types 1 to 3 make excellent candidates.
Your Green Toning laser treatments can be combined with chemical peels and other treatments for amplified results. Dr. Torgerson’s experienced cosmetic team will be happy to discuss medical-grade skincare formulas that will further exfoliate, brighten, and tone your complexion.
StarWalker’s short-pulse, non-thermal energy delivery is considered safe and means fast recovery. It’s appropriate for a diverse range of pigment and skin types, but some highly pigmented lesions respond better to intensive peels like the TCA chemical peel. During your personalized consultation, we can help you discover your skin’s unique needs and plan a treatment protocol to help you reach your goals.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
What Should You Expect During Your Pigment Removal Treatment?
Most patients describe a prickly sensation throughout Green Toning treatment with Fotona’s StarWalker laser, but no anesthesia is necessary before the session.
One reason why the Green Toning technology is exceptionally safe and effective for melasma is that it’s non-thermal and doesn’t cause uncomfortably hot skin reactions.
The pico laser energy feels warm, but your skin will be cooled throughout your session with a cold air attachment. Green Toning is considered to be more comfortable than IPL and laser hair removal.
Your practitioner will pass the laser handpiece over target areas in smooth motions. Once the Green Toning treatment is finished, you may feel like you have a mild sunburn and see some flaking or pink skin for a day.
Even Skin Tone Maintenance
Once you’ve reached the desired clear complexion with Green Toning, we recommend that you maintain a fresh, clean look with 2 to 3 maintenance treatments per year. There are also easy ways that you can prevent sunspots and melasma from returning when you practice smart skincare at home.
- Investigate any health or medical cause for reoccurring melasma, since it is sometimes triggered by hormone imbalances or medication such as oral contraception.
- Daily sun protection is critical once you’ve invested time and effort into your blemish-free skin. Concerning melasma, UV radiation is one of the key factors that exacerbate this issue. This is a great time to commit to covering up and wearing sunblock all year long.
Dr. Cory Torgerson
Schedule a Green Toning Laser Consultation in Toronto
We look forward to helping you reveal a brighter, radiant complexion that you’re proud to show off!
You’ll feel welcomed in our spacious, luxe treatment suites, where you can have a private skin assessment and receive personalized recommendations.
Your laser nurse will answer your questions and let you know what to expect from your own Green Toning experience.
If you’re curious to know what the buzz around Green Toning is all about, book your no-obligation consultation to learn whether this could be your foundation for a glowing complexion this year!
Non-Surgical Laser Treatment
- Why is CO2 laser more expensive than AFT laser?
- Preparation for Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Laser Skin Resurfacing After-Care Tips
- Laser Scar Removal and Treatment Info
- Q&A: AFT – IPL Laser Therapy
- ND-YAG Laser
- Less Invasive Laser Treatments
- How Can You Tell if a Toronto Laser Skin Treatment Is Right for You?
- Using Laser Treatments To Relieve Vaginal Dryness
- Treating Acne with CO2
- Safety of Laser Treatments
- Non-Surgical Toronto Laser Skin Treatment Can Turn Back the Clock for Your Skin
- Non-Surgical Skin Tightening
- Laser Tattoo Removal
- IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) – Frequently Asked Questions
- How To Take Care Of Your Skin After Deep Fractional Laser Treatments
- How To Accomplish Bigger Busts With Laser Breast-Lifting Treatments
- How Does a Toronto CO2 Laser Skin Treatment Work to Beautify Your Complexion?
- Have You Tried the New Non-Surgical Laser Solution for Treating Stress Urinary Incontinence?
- CO2 Laser Resurfacing – Why Do the Before and After Results Keep It in High Demand?
- Celebrities and Laser Skin Therapy
- What Do Laser Treatments Cost?
- What Can You Treat With Facial Laser Treatments?
- Side Effects of Laser Skin Therapy
- What Conditions do Lasers Treat?
- What Happens When You Get Laser For Acne Scars?
- Want To Tighten Loose Skin? Try Laser Skin Tightening Treatments
- Using Laser Treatments To Clear Acne Scars
- Using Laser Skin Tightening To Reduce Facial Lines And Wrinkles
- Using Laser Treatments To Clear Acne Scars – Here Are Some Important Facts You Should Know
- Types of Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Treating Acne Scars – What Works Best?
- The Purpose of Laser Light
- The Best Beauty Treatments for Women with Darker Skin
- Safety Tips if Considering a Laser Treatment
- Scar Treatments
- Risks with Facial Skin Resurfacing
- Post-Laser Treatment Home Care Instructions
- Q&A: iPixel Erbium Laser Therapy
- Pros and Cons of CO2 Laser
- Recovery Time after Laser Skin Therapy
- Perfect Candidates for Laser Therapy
- My Experience with Laser Skin Therapy
- Laser Treatments For Acne Scars And Their Benefits
- Laser Skin Tightening Treatments: Costs, Risks, And Benefits
- Lasers Vs. Surgery: What’s The Right Choice For You? Part 1
- Laser Treatments for Darker Skin Tones
- Lasers Vs. Surgery: What’s The Right Choice For You? Part 2
- Laser Therapy for Facial Wrinkles
- Is there a Solution for Acne Scars?
- Laser Mole Removal Recovery
- Laser and Acne Scar Removal
- Laser and Tattoo Removal
- How Laser Skin Tightening Works
- Have You Tried Using Laser Skin Treatments To Erase Acne Scars?
- Five Best Ways to Treat Scars
- Facial Laser Treatments: Frequently Asked Questions
- Cosmetic Laser Treatments
- Cosmetic Laser Therapy … Is it for You?
- Differences Between CO2 And Erbium Fractional Laser Treatments
- Complications of Laser Skin Therapy
- Commonly Asked Questions About Laser Skin Tightening
- Chemical Peels Vs. Laser Treatment: Is One Better Than The Other?
- ClearLift And How It Works
- Best Photorejuvenation Treatments
- Benefits of Non-Surgical Anti-Aging Laser Treatments For The Body Part 2
- Benefits Of Non-Surgical Anti-Aging Laser Treatments For The Body Part 1
- Benefits of Laser Skin Therapy
- Advantages & Disadvantages of a Laser Face Lift
- Ablative Laser Treatments
- Ablative vs. Non-Ablative Lasers
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.