At Dr. Torgerson’s cosmetic surgery and laser clinic in downtown Toronto, patients are loving their clear, porcelain skin results with green toning.
When you have dark, pigmented skin around your eyes, no concealer seems to cover it, and few topical products will affect it.
We’re excited to share how this laser technology advancement is targeting multiple skin texture and pigmentation issues using a fast, non-ablative Fotona pico laser. Dramatic, visible skin lightening and tone improvements are achieved without the discomfort or downtime once expected.
The StarWalker pico laser by Fotona uses a powerful 2-step system to reduce unwanted facial pigment, under-eye circles, freckles, and uneven skin tone.
Do you notice sun damage when you look in the mirror? If you have an Asian complexion, melasma, darkened scars, and hyperpigmentation can be an embarrassing issue.
Green toning is safe for Asian skin that is prone to hyperpigmentation. It also reduces pore size, improves skin colour, improves the appearance of sun damage, and helps smooth skin texture. In fact, the StarWalker pico laser is so multifaceted, we can treat melasma, hyperpigmentation, and redness at both the dermal and epidermal levels.
It’s multiple solutions in one, which is why Dr. Torgerson’s patients are gravitating to green toning for bright, youthful complexions. Call to learn more today!
Green Toning Laser Treatment
How Does the Green Toning Laser Work?
The same panda eyes and angel whitening laser treatment technology is behind the green toning dual-wavelength approach.
Green toning uses 2 light energy wavelengths: the Q-switched YAG, which treats deep pigmentation, and the Q-switched KTP, which treats more superficial pigment. As with the StarWalker pico tattoo removal, rapid, nanosecond pulses target the dermal and epidermal skin layers. The effect shatters pigments so they can be naturally flushed out of the body’s lymphatic system. The photo-acoustic reaction obliterates pigment into such fine dust that it is cleared from the system faster and more completely than any laser technology of the past.
Green toning is non-ablative. That means it doesn’t require anaesthetic, and it doesn’t damage the surface layers of skin to stimulate sloughing and peeling. That’s why it is far less uncomfortable than ablative lasers like CO2, and it doesn’t require downtime.
Most people schedule green toning treatment in Toronto to erase their unwanted pigmentation. They can focus on stubborn skin concerns like melasma, freckles, sunspots, and scars.
Melasma and rosacea have a vascular component, so the green toning multi-wavelength pico modality targets capillaries along with pigment for comprehensive transformation.
Green toning offers clearer, even-toned skin and multiple additional benefits like supple, firmer tone, minimized pores, and a natural glow with less makeup!
Green Toning Treatment with Fotona’s StarWalker
What Areas Can Green Toning Improve?
Green toning lightens and evens pigmentation anywhere on the body. Our clients typically brighten their face, décolletage, and hands, which experience the most sun exposure and environmental stress. Green toning is also used to improve post-inflammatory pigmentation (PIH) due to skin injuries such as burns, cuts, or surgical scars.
Green Toning Treatment
Is There Downtime After Green Toning Treatment in Toronto?
Green toning comes with few associated complications or risks. We will inform you about pre- and post-treatment care instructions for your safety and to ensure optimal results.
- Potential risks related to laser treatments include:
- Hyperpigmentation – Pigmentation may temporarily darken, or darkened areas may persist. Lightening products can help fade unwanted darkening.
- Hypopigmentation – In rare cases, the skin may lose pigment unexpectedly after laser treatment.
- Prolonged redness or inflammation – Usually redness fades within 24 hours, but it can last longer.
- Bacterial or viral infection – Laser treatments may trigger a herpes simplex outbreak. You must let your practitioner know if you’re susceptible to cold sores and other viral conditions.
To maintain a flawless complexion, follow the gentle post-treatment care instructions provided and avoid UV exposure throughout your treatment period. We usually advise patients to undergo 3 to 4 sessions, 4 weeks apart.
Who Makes an Ideal Candidate for Green Toning?
Green toning helps reduce chloasma, melasma, and pigmentation in both the epidermal and dermal skin layers. People with fair skin or medium/Asian skin types 1 to 3 make excellent candidates.
Your green toning laser treatments can be combined with chemical peels and other treatments for amplified results. Dr. Torgerson’s experienced cosmetic team will be happy to discuss medical-grade skincare formulas that will further exfoliate, brighten, and tone your complexion.
StarWalker’s short-pulse, non-thermal energy delivery is considered safe and means fast recovery. It’s appropriate for a diverse range of pigment and skin types, but some highly pigmented lesions respond better to intensive peels like the TCA chemical peel. During your personalized consultation, we can help you discover your skin’s unique needs and plan a treatment protocol to help you reach your goals.
The First Step of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
What Should You Expect During Your Pigment Removal Treatment?
Most patients describe a prickly sensation throughout green toning treatment with Fotona’s StarWalker laser, but no anesthesia is necessary before the session.
One reason why the green toning technology is exceptionally safe and effective for melasma is that it’s non-thermal and doesn’t cause uncomfortably hot skin reactions.
The pico laser energy feels warm, but your skin will be cooled throughout your session with a cold air attachment. Green toning is considered to be more comfortable than IPL and laser hair removal.
Your practitioner will pass the laser handpiece over target areas in smooth motions. Once the green toning treatment is finished, you may feel like you have a mild sunburn and see some flaking or pink skin for a day.
Even Skin Tone Maintenance
Once you’ve reached the desired clear complexion with green toning, we recommend that you maintain a fresh, clean look with 2 to 3 maintenance treatments per year. There are also easy ways that you can prevent sunspots and melasma from returning when you practice smart skincare at home.
- Investigate any health or medical cause for reoccurring melasma, since it is sometimes triggered by hormone imbalances or medication such as oral contraception.
- Daily sun protection is critical once you’ve invested time and effort into your blemish-free skin. Concerning melasma, UV radiation is one of the key factors that exacerbate this issue. This is a great time to commit to covering up and wearing sunblock all year long.
Dr. Cory Torgerson
Schedule a Green Toning Laser Consultation in Toronto
We look forward to helping you reveal a brighter, radiant complexion that you’re proud to show off!
You’ll feel welcomed in our spacious, luxe treatment suites, where you can have a private skin assessment and receive personalized recommendations.
Your laser nurse will answer your questions and let you know what to expect from your own green toning experience.
If you’re curious to know what the buzz around green toning is all about, book your no-obligation consultation to learn whether this could be your foundation for a glowing complexion this year!
Non-Surgical Laser Treatment
- Ablative Laser Treatments
- Ablative vs. Non-Ablative Lasers
- Advantages & Disadvantages of a Laser Face Lift
- Benefits of Laser Skin Therapy
- Benefits Of Non-Surgical Anti-Aging Laser Treatments For The Body Part 1
- Benefits of Non-Surgical Anti-Aging Laser Treatments For The Body Part 2
- Best Photorejuvenation Treatments
- Celebrities and Laser Skin Therapy
- Chemical Peels Vs. Laser Treatment: Is One Better Than The Other?
- ClearLift And How It Works
- CO2 Laser Resurfacing – Why Do the Before and After Results Keep It in High Demand?
- Commonly Asked Questions About Laser Skin Tightening
- Complications of Laser Skin Therapy
- Cosmetic Laser Therapy … Is it for You?
- Cosmetic Laser Treatments
- Differences Between CO2 And Erbium Fractional Laser Treatments
- Facial Laser Treatments: Frequently Asked Questions
- Five Best Ways to Treat Scars
- Have You Tried the New Non-Surgical Laser Solution for Treating Stress Urinary Incontinence?
- Have You Tried Using Laser Skin Treatments To Erase Acne Scars?
- How Can You Tell if a Toronto Laser Skin Treatment Is Right for You?
- How Does a Toronto CO2 Laser Skin Treatment Work to Beautify Your Complexion?
- How Laser Skin Tightening Works
- How To Accomplish Bigger Busts With Laser Breast-Lifting Treatments
- How To Take Care Of Your Skin After Deep Fractional Laser Treatments
- IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) – Frequently Asked Questions
- Is there a Solution for Acne Scars?
- Laser and Acne Scar Removal
- Laser and Tattoo Removal
- Laser Mole Removal Recovery
- Laser Scar Removal and Treatment Info
- Laser Skin Resurfacing After-Care Tips
- Laser Skin Tightening Treatments: Costs, Risks, And Benefits
- Laser Tattoo Removal
- Laser Therapy for Facial Wrinkles
- Laser Treatments For Acne Scars And Their Benefits
- Laser Treatments for Darker Skin Tones
- Lasers Vs. Surgery: What’s The Right Choice For You? Part 1
- Lasers Vs. Surgery: What’s The Right Choice For You? Part 2
- Less Invasive Laser Treatments
- My Experience with Laser Skin Therapy
- ND-YAG Laser
- Non-Surgical Skin Tightening
- Non-Surgical Toronto Laser Skin Treatment Can Turn Back the Clock for Your Skin
- Perfect Candidates for Laser Therapy
- Post-Laser Treatment Home Care Instructions
- Preparation for Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Pros and Cons of CO2 Laser
- Q&A: AFT – IPL Laser Therapy
- Q&A: iPixel Erbium Laser Therapy
- Recovery Time after Laser Skin Therapy
- Risks with Facial Skin Resurfacing
- Safety of Laser Treatments
- Safety Tips if Considering a Laser Treatment
- Scar Treatments
- Side Effects of Laser Skin Therapy
- The Best Beauty Treatments for Women with Darker Skin
- The Purpose of Laser Light
- Treating Acne Scars – What Works Best?
- Treating Acne with CO2
- Types of Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Using Laser Skin Tightening To Reduce Facial Lines And Wrinkles
- Using Laser Treatments To Clear Acne Scars
- Using Laser Treatments To Clear Acne Scars – Here Are Some Important Facts You Should Know
- Using Laser Treatments To Relieve Vaginal Dryness
- Want To Tighten Loose Skin? Try Laser Skin Tightening Treatments
- What Can You Treat With Facial Laser Treatments?
- What Conditions do Lasers Treat?
- What Do Laser Treatments Cost?
- What Happens When You Get Laser For Acne Scars?
- Why is CO2 laser more expensive than AFT laser?