Acne Scars & Scar Removal
Acne scars and other scars on the body are irritating and are not something you have to live with for the rest of your life
AFT (Advanced Fluorescence Technology) laser is the next generation of Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) laser technology that improves the texture, tone, and appearance of skin with minimal downtime. This laser treatment is specifically designed to dramatically improve many problem skin areas, including reducing the aesthetic imperfections of acne scarring or of almost any other scar on the skin. By penetrating deeply and raising the dermal temperature, the AFT-IPL laser targets the surface of the skin where prior acne has made the surface uneven. The key advantages for our patients are that the treatments are quick with little to no downtime and the results are wonderfully effective! **
Who is a good candidate for Laser Acne Scar Treatment?
Acne & Scar Laser Treatments
For patients who no longer have active acne, laser scar treatments are an excellent option. By using a highly effective laser, the appearance of acne scars can be diminished and smooth skin texture regenerated. Dr. Torgerson recommends that patients who have used the drug, Accutane, should wait 6 months after discontinuing its use before scheduling a laser acne scar removal treatment. Accutane has been known to cause scarring and interfere with laser treatments, and because our laser clinic desires that each patient would achieve the top results possible, this is what we recommend to former Accutane users. If proper precautions are taken and the laser treatment is performed at a reputable laser clinic by an expert, the side effects and risks associated with the acne scar procedure are minimized and rare. **
What can you expect during an Acne Scar Laser treatment?
During the Treatment
After a free consultation, patients can proceed with booking a laser treatment date. Our Toronto clinic will provide simple and easy pre-treatment instructions to follow prior to the laser session. On the day of the treatment, patients will be given a topical pain-killer and the option of freezing to ensure comfort and ease of treatment. Most patients find the procedure absolutely tolerable and find they can resume their regular activities immediately following the treatment. Following the acne laser scar removal, skin will take about 3 to 5 days to rejuvenate and resurface. Once the acne scars are removed, they will not return. However, if active acne begins again, there is also the possibility of new acne scars forming, so further laser treatment may be necessary. If you have acne-prone skin, you may also be interested in our Silk Peel with Acne Clarifying Solution. Click here to find out about our Acne Silkpeel treatment. **
Cleansers, moisturizers, and other acne treatment products
Dr. Cory Torgerson Facial Cosmetic Surgery offers a wide range of cleansers, moisturizers, and other acne treatment products such as those containing Benzoyl Peroxide and Salicylic Acid. Our medical grade products can be used alone or in conjunction with any of our acne treatments. Your skin will continue to look and feel great as you notice visible improvements. To check out our Alyria and Glisodin products, which are 100% guaranteed to give you incredible results, click here. Our clinicians are happy to help advise you on the appropriate skin care products that will make the most sense for you and provide the best results. **
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
Acne Scar Treatment FAQ
What acne scar treatments are most effective?
The main rule of thumb is that the deeper the problem, the deeper the treatment needed. Microdermabrasion and chemical peels can help superficial light scarring, but the deeper scars need a more aggressive approach in order to be successfully treated and removed. In our Toronto Facial Cosmetic Clinic, we recommend the use of the CO2 laser for the best resurfacing results.
Can I proceed with laser acne scar treatments if I am in the middle of a breakout?
Will one laser treatment effectively remove all acne scars?
Can a dermal filler like JUVÉDERM be used as an acne scar treatment?
Non-Surgical Laser Treatment
- Types of Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Safety Tips if Considering a Laser Treatment
- Q&A: iPixel Erbium Laser Therapy
- Pros and Cons of CO2 Laser
- Preparation for Laser Skin Resurfacing
- ND-YAG Laser
- IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) – Frequently Asked Questions
- Cosmetic Laser Treatments
- Complications of Laser Skin Therapy
- Benefits of Laser Skin Therapy
- How Does a Toronto CO2 Laser Skin Treatment Work to Beautify Your Complexion?
- Non-Surgical Toronto Laser Skin Treatment Can Turn Back the Clock for Your Skin
- How Can You Tell if a Toronto Laser Skin Treatment Is Right for You?
- The Best Beauty Treatments for Women with Darker Skin
- Laser Treatments for Darker Skin Tones
- Using Laser Treatments To Clear Acne Scars – Here Are Some Important Facts You Should Know
- How To Accomplish Bigger Busts With Laser Breast-Lifting Treatments
- What Do Laser Treatments Cost?
- Using Laser Treatments To Relieve Vaginal Dryness
- Have You Tried the New Non-Surgical Laser Solution for Treating Stress Urinary Incontinence?
- Treating Acne Scars – What Works Best?
- Advantages & Disadvantages of a Laser Face Lift
- Ablative Laser Treatments
- Q&A: AFT – IPL Laser Therapy
- Laser and Acne Scar Removal
- Laser and Tattoo Removal
- Is there a Solution for Acne Scars?
- Side Effects of Laser Skin Therapy
- The Purpose of Laser Light
- How To Take Care Of Your Skin After Deep Fractional Laser Treatments
- Laser Therapy for Facial Wrinkles
- Perfect Candidates for Laser Therapy
- Best Photorejuvenation Treatments
- Laser Skin Resurfacing After-Care Tips
- Less Invasive Laser Treatments
- Recovery Time after Laser Skin Therapy
- Non-Surgical Skin Tightening
- Cosmetic Laser Therapy … Is it for You?
- Safety Of Laser Treatments
- Risks with Facial Skin Resurfacing
- Celebrities and Laser Skin Therapy
- Why is CO2 laser more expensive than AFT laser?
- Benefits Of Non-Surgical Anti-Aging Laser Treatments For The Body Part 1
- My Experience with Laser Skin Therapy
- Ablative vs. Non-Ablative Lasers
- What Can You Treat With Facial Laser Treatments?
- Treating Acne with CO2
- ClearLift And How It Works
- Differences Between CO2 And Erbium Fractional Laser Treatments
- Laser Tattoo Removal
- Scar Treatments
- What Conditions do Lasers Treat?
- Benefits of Non-Surgical Anti-Aging Laser Treatments For The Body Part 2
- Lasers Vs. Surgery: What’s The Right Choice For You? Part 2
- Lasers Vs. Surgery: What’s The Right Choice For You? Part 1
- Laser Scar Removal and Treatment Info
- Facial Laser Treatments: Frequently Asked Questions
- Post-Laser Treatment Home Care Instructions
- Five Best Ways to Treat Scars
- How Laser Skin Tightening Works
- What Happens When You Get Laser For Acne Scars?
- Have You Tried Using Laser Skin Treatments To Erase Acne Scars?
- Using Laser Skin Tightening To Reduce Facial Lines And Wrinkles
- Chemical Peels Vs. Laser Treatment: Is One Better Than The Other?
- Commonly Asked Questions About Laser Skin Tightening
- Laser Skin Tightening Treatments: Costs, Risks, And Benefits
- Laser Mole Removal Recovery
- Using Laser Treatments To Clear Acne Scars
- Want To Tighten Loose Skin? Try Laser Skin Tightening Treatments
- Laser Treatments For Acne Scars And Their Benefits
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.