Laser and Acne Scar Removal
Blemishes that result from oily skin during puberty may be long gone, but the scars they leave on our face remain for a lifetime.
These unwanted pock marks are annoying reminders of our teenage years, and no amount of make-up is able to hide them. The advent of laser skin resurfacing has created an option for those who have worn these facial scars for many years. The private facial cosmetic and laser centre operated by Dr. Cory Torgerson now offers hope to anyone who has longed for a smoother complexion.
There are 2 categories of laser treatments: ablative and non-ablative. Basically, ablative is more invasive than non-ablative. In order to determine which laser procedure would be the best to target your acne scars, you would need to book an appointment at Dr. Torgerson’s laser clinic in Yorkville. By examining the amount of skin that the acne damaged and the depth of the scars, you would be offered suggestions as to the laser resurfacing method that best suits your needs. At this consultation, you would be able to view before and after pictures of other people who had undergone laser treatments and get excited about the smooth, new complexion available to you.
AFT – IPL Laser Therapy
The non-ablative method of laser offered at the clinic is the AFT – IPL laser therapy. This IPL laser treatment targets the dermis (underlying skin tissue) and leaves the epidermis (top layer of skin) alone. The thermal heat penetrates the skin tissues and causes new collagen growth that will continue to be evidenced for the following weeks and months. Immediately following the procedure, you will notice that the top layer of skin feels tighter and the acne scars are minimized. These procedures can be accomplished in just 30 minutes with only a topical anaesthetic. Non-ablative laser skin therapy does not require any time off from your schedule for a healing process. Because this method is less invasive, it would be recommended only for people with minimal acne scarring.
iPixel Erbium Laser Therapy And The CO2 Laser Therapy
Ablative Laser Method
Ablative laser methods offered by Dr. Torgerson are the iPixel erbium laser therapy and the CO2 laser therapy. Both of these procedures ablate, or remove, the epidermis and use a higher-powered laser. The beam heats up the top layer of damaged skin, causing it to vaporize, and reveals a fresh new layer of skin underneath. New collagen is also stimulated with this method, and the skin tightens as it heals. If acne scars are deeper, the ablative laser therapy would produce the smoother texture and glowing complexion you desire. Because ablative skin resurfacing is invasive, it is necessary to have topical anaesthetic as well as local anaesthetic. Downtime of approximately 1 week is recommended afterwards because the damaged skin continues to flake off while the new layer of skin heals.
Most clients with acne scars will most likely see the results they long for with the ablative laser resurfacing methods. The good news is that CO2 laser can be accomplished at 1 session, whereas several sessions of the non-ablative IPL laser methods are usually necessary.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
Non-Surgical Laser Treatment
- CO2 Laser Resurfacing – Why Do the Before and After Results Keep It in High Demand?
- Types of Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Safety Tips if Considering a Laser Treatment
- Q&A: iPixel Erbium Laser Therapy
- Pros and Cons of CO2 Laser
- Preparation for Laser Skin Resurfacing
- ND-YAG Laser
- IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) – Frequently Asked Questions
- Cosmetic Laser Treatments
- Complications of Laser Skin Therapy
- Benefits of Laser Skin Therapy
- How Does a Toronto CO2 Laser Skin Treatment Work to Beautify Your Complexion?
- Non-Surgical Toronto Laser Skin Treatment Can Turn Back the Clock for Your Skin
- How Can You Tell if a Toronto Laser Skin Treatment Is Right for You?
- The Best Beauty Treatments for Women with Darker Skin
- Laser Treatments for Darker Skin Tones
- Using Laser Treatments To Clear Acne Scars – Here Are Some Important Facts You Should Know
- How To Accomplish Bigger Busts With Laser Breast-Lifting Treatments
- What Do Laser Treatments Cost?
- Using Laser Treatments To Relieve Vaginal Dryness
- Have You Tried the New Non-Surgical Laser Solution for Treating Stress Urinary Incontinence?
- Treating Acne Scars – What Works Best?
- Advantages & Disadvantages of a Laser Face Lift
- Ablative Laser Treatments
- Q&A: AFT – IPL Laser Therapy
- Laser and Acne Scar Removal
- Laser and Tattoo Removal
- Is there a Solution for Acne Scars?
- Side Effects of Laser Skin Therapy
- The Purpose of Laser Light
- How To Take Care Of Your Skin After Deep Fractional Laser Treatments
- Laser Therapy for Facial Wrinkles
- Perfect Candidates for Laser Therapy
- Best Photorejuvenation Treatments
- Laser Skin Resurfacing After-Care Tips
- Less Invasive Laser Treatments
- Recovery Time after Laser Skin Therapy
- Non-Surgical Skin Tightening
- Cosmetic Laser Therapy … Is it for You?
- Safety Of Laser Treatments
- Risks with Facial Skin Resurfacing
- Celebrities and Laser Skin Therapy
- Why is CO2 laser more expensive than AFT laser?
- Benefits Of Non-Surgical Anti-Aging Laser Treatments For The Body Part 1
- My Experience with Laser Skin Therapy
- Ablative vs. Non-Ablative Lasers
- What Can You Treat With Facial Laser Treatments?
- Treating Acne with CO2
- ClearLift And How It Works
- Differences Between CO2 And Erbium Fractional Laser Treatments
- Laser Tattoo Removal
- Scar Treatments
- What Conditions do Lasers Treat?
- Benefits of Non-Surgical Anti-Aging Laser Treatments For The Body Part 2
- Lasers Vs. Surgery: What’s The Right Choice For You? Part 2
- Lasers Vs. Surgery: What’s The Right Choice For You? Part 1
- Laser Scar Removal and Treatment Info
- Facial Laser Treatments: Frequently Asked Questions
- Post-Laser Treatment Home Care Instructions
- Five Best Ways to Treat Scars
- How Laser Skin Tightening Works
- What Happens When You Get Laser For Acne Scars?
- Have You Tried Using Laser Skin Treatments To Erase Acne Scars?
- Using Laser Skin Tightening To Reduce Facial Lines And Wrinkles
- Chemical Peels Vs. Laser Treatment: Is One Better Than The Other?
- Commonly Asked Questions About Laser Skin Tightening
- Laser Skin Tightening Treatments: Costs, Risks, And Benefits
- Laser Mole Removal Recovery
- Using Laser Treatments To Clear Acne Scars
- Want To Tighten Loose Skin? Try Laser Skin Tightening Treatments
- Laser Treatments For Acne Scars And Their Benefits
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.