AFT – Next Generation of IPL Laser Treatments
AFT (Advanced Fluorescence Technology) is the next generation of Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) laser treatment technology that improves the texture, tone, and appearance of skin with minimal downtime.
This laser treatment is specifically designed to dramatically reduce the appearance of sun damage, red spots and blemishes, rosacea, broken capillaries (including spider veins), acne scarring, and age spots (brown spots). Most people are familiar with IPL laser treatments, but technology is changing so quickly, causing innovative new products that achieve better results to be released all the time. The AFT skin-resurfacing procedure is one of them. AFT effectively uses low energy light to gently heat and reduce skin imperfections in a unique “Equal Distribution” technique, which is different from the traditional IPL treatment. Most lasers produce only a single wavelength of light and are limited in what they can treat. However, with AFT (advanced IPL), the special light emits gentle energy pulses in many wavelengths, allowing the light to penetrate through the skin. Through a special spectrum filtering system that eliminates hot spots, the AFT IPL treatment is able to produce a more powerful, yet safe and effective treatment. The treated areas appear smoother and younger in just a single session, whereas IPL can often require 5 to 6 sessions.
What Can You Expect During An Aft-Ipl Treatment?
Prior to the treatment, Dr. Torgerson’s office will provide you with pre-treatment instructions on how to prepare your skin for the laser treatment. Most of the instructions are very simple, such as avoiding direct sun tanning for 2 weeks before your session. Safety, pain, and downtime are often primary patient concerns. Therefore, one of the key advantages for patients when booking this appointment is that the AFT- IPL laser treatment can be easily performed in under 30 minutes. Once you have arrived at the laser clinic, a qualified Laser RN will greet you and assist you in preparing for your procedure. It is an easy process that requires only a topical numbing agent. Most patients find they have minimal to no discomfort throughout the treatment.
*At Dr. Torgerson’s Toronto laser clinic, the AFT laser treatment is most popular for the face, but is safe and effective to use on your hands, neck, and chest too. Although one session does provide great results, packaging your AFT – IPL Laser treatments into 2 or 3 sessions will solidify top results that achieve your ultimate goals.*
*Another advantage that makes the AFT-IPL a top skin resurfacing treatment is that it results in minimal skin damage. Therefore, the recovery time is very quick. Most patients resume their normal, daily activities, while others will just take 1 day off to recover.*
Frequently Asked Questions Regarding AFT and IPL Laser Treatments
*What is photorejuvenation?
Is there a difference in IPL machines?
*How long will the AFT – IPL results last?
Is AFT-IPL Painful?
What should I do after an AFT-IPL laser treatment?
Why is UV (ultra-violet) exposure so bad before a laser treatment?
*What common side effects may be experienced as a result of the AFT-IPL treatment?
*Can Darker Skin Tones be Treated?
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
Non-Surgical Laser Treatment
- Ablative Laser Treatments
- Ablative vs. Non-Ablative Lasers
- Advantages & Disadvantages of a Laser Face Lift
- Benefits of Laser Skin Therapy
- Benefits Of Non-Surgical Anti-Aging Laser Treatments For The Body Part 1
- Benefits of Non-Surgical Anti-Aging Laser Treatments For The Body Part 2
- Best Photorejuvenation Treatments
- Celebrities and Laser Skin Therapy
- Chemical Peels Vs. Laser Treatment: Is One Better Than The Other?
- ClearLift And How It Works
- CO2 Laser Resurfacing – Why Do the Before and After Results Keep It in High Demand?
- Commonly Asked Questions About Laser Skin Tightening
- Complications of Laser Skin Therapy
- Cosmetic Laser Therapy … Is it for You?
- Cosmetic Laser Treatments
- Differences Between CO2 And Erbium Fractional Laser Treatments
- Facial Laser Treatments: Frequently Asked Questions
- Five Best Ways to Treat Scars
- Have You Tried the New Non-Surgical Laser Solution for Treating Stress Urinary Incontinence?
- Have You Tried Using Laser Skin Treatments To Erase Acne Scars?
- How Can You Tell if a Toronto Laser Skin Treatment Is Right for You?
- How Does a Toronto CO2 Laser Skin Treatment Work to Beautify Your Complexion?
- How Laser Skin Tightening Works
- How To Accomplish Bigger Busts With Laser Breast-Lifting Treatments
- How To Take Care Of Your Skin After Deep Fractional Laser Treatments
- IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) – Frequently Asked Questions
- Is there a Solution for Acne Scars?
- Laser and Acne Scar Removal
- Laser and Tattoo Removal
- Laser Mole Removal Recovery
- Laser Scar Removal and Treatment Info
- Laser Skin Resurfacing After-Care Tips
- Laser Skin Tightening Treatments: Costs, Risks, And Benefits
- Laser Tattoo Removal
- Laser Therapy for Facial Wrinkles
- Laser Treatments For Acne Scars And Their Benefits
- Laser Treatments for Darker Skin Tones
- Lasers Vs. Surgery: What’s The Right Choice For You? Part 1
- Lasers Vs. Surgery: What’s The Right Choice For You? Part 2
- Less Invasive Laser Treatments
- My Experience with Laser Skin Therapy
- ND-YAG Laser
- Non-Surgical Skin Tightening
- Non-Surgical Toronto Laser Skin Treatment Can Turn Back the Clock for Your Skin
- Perfect Candidates for Laser Therapy
- Post-Laser Treatment Home Care Instructions
- Preparation for Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Pros and Cons of CO2 Laser
- Q&A: AFT – IPL Laser Therapy
- Q&A: iPixel Erbium Laser Therapy
- Recovery Time after Laser Skin Therapy
- Risks with Facial Skin Resurfacing
- Safety of Laser Treatments
- Safety Tips if Considering a Laser Treatment
- Scar Treatments
- Side Effects of Laser Skin Therapy
- The Best Beauty Treatments for Women with Darker Skin
- The Purpose of Laser Light
- Treating Acne Scars – What Works Best?
- Treating Acne with CO2
- Types of Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Using Laser Skin Tightening To Reduce Facial Lines And Wrinkles
- Using Laser Treatments To Clear Acne Scars
- Using Laser Treatments To Clear Acne Scars – Here Are Some Important Facts You Should Know
- Using Laser Treatments To Relieve Vaginal Dryness
- Want To Tighten Loose Skin? Try Laser Skin Tightening Treatments
- What Can You Treat With Facial Laser Treatments?
- What Conditions do Lasers Treat?
- What Do Laser Treatments Cost?
- What Happens When You Get Laser For Acne Scars?
- Why is CO2 laser more expensive than AFT laser?
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.