iPixel Erbium Laser Therapy
To determine whether the iPixel erbium laser treatment is best for you, why not book a consultation at Dr. Torgerson’s private laser centre?
You will be able to view before and after photos of previous patients who have had this type of skin resurfacing and see for yourself the fabulous results that laser resurfacing can achieve.
What does iPixel erbium laser mean?
Ipixel refers to the microscopic area of the skin that is treated at one time with the erbium laser beam, which is the size of 7 pixels. The tiny perforations allow for faster healing, better collagen stimulation, and an overall better result than IPL laser treatments.
What are the skin conditions that the iPixel erbium laser treats?
This type of laser resurfacing is more aggressive. Therefore, it is able not only to tighten deeper wrinkles; it is also able to significantly smooth out acne scars, sun damage, brown age spots, and other targeted skin pigmentation concerns.
Is this procedure in the ablative or non-ablative category?
iPixel erbium treatments are ablative. This refers to the removal of skin and the necessity for downtime in order for the skin to heal and return to normal.
What type of laser is used with Ipixel therapy?
This is the first method of skin resurfacing laser that uses a roller-type applicator with a micro-optic lens. Fractional, expandable laser pulses are used. Fractional means that only 20% of the skin is lasered at a time, causing a shorter downtime than CO2 laser therapy.
How does the laser affect the skin?
Microscopic perforations the size of 7 pixels are made in the skin as the roller passes over. These perforations permeate to a depth of 20 to 50 microns deep. The depth of the heat can be controlled and is determined by the client’s skin type. The thermal heat inserted into the skin cells kickstarts new collagen growth, which continues to develop long after the laser treatment session is over.
Does the laser treatment hurt?
Because iPixel erbium laser is considered invasive, Dr. Cory Torgerson and his registered nurses take precautions to ensure that the treatment is as comfortable as possible. Conscious sedation or other methods to make the treatment comfortable will be offered.
Is this laser therapy suitable for all skin types?
iPixel erbium in its most powerful state is not suitable for darker complexions such as that of African-Americans. However, there are other excellent skin resurfacing methods that Dr. Torgerson can suggest for dark-skinned ethnic groups.
How long does a laser treatment last?
Treatments last approximately 45 minutes at our laser clinic.
Will one session be enough to accomplish what I want with my skin?
One session is usually sufficient unless acne scars are quite deep or sun damage is quite extensive. A customized, tailored plan will be created for you with our laser nurses, who will help develop proper laser treatment goals.
What is the cost of an iPixel erbium laser treatment?
Call our office, and we will give you an accurate and current idea of the cost, depending on the areas that you would like to have treated.
How long will recovery take?
For the skin to heal, 3 to 7 days are required. The pink, sensitive, lasered skin will return to a normal colour during that time. Tighter, healthier skin forms during the healing process.
What changes will I notice after this type of laser therapy?
Your skin will feel smoother and tighter immediately following the session. Lines will be noticeably diminished, and your skin will have a smoother texture. In the days and weeks following the procedure, the new collagen will produce a lovely glow and brighter complexion.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
Non-Surgical Laser Treatment
- How Does a Toronto CO2 Laser Skin Treatment Work to Beautify Your Complexion?
- Non-Surgical Toronto Laser Skin Treatment Can Turn Back the Clock for Your Skin
- How Can You Tell if a Toronto Laser Skin Treatment Is Right for You?
- The Best Beauty Treatments for Women with Darker Skin
- Laser Treatments for Darker Skin Tones
- Using Laser Treatments To Clear Acne Scars – Here Are Some Important Facts You Should Know
- How To Accomplish Bigger Busts With Laser Breast-Lifting Treatments
- What Do Laser Treatments Cost?
- Using Laser Treatments To Relieve Vaginal Dryness
- Have You Tried the New Non-Surgical Laser Solution for Treating Stress Urinary Incontinence?
- Treating Acne Scars – What Works Best?
- Advantages & Disadvantages of a Laser Face Lift
- Ablative Laser Treatments
- Q&A: AFT – IPL Laser Therapy
- Laser and Acne Scar Removal
- Laser and Tattoo Removal
- Is there a Solution for Acne Scars?
- Benefits of Laser Skin Therapy
- Side Effects of Laser Skin Therapy
- The Purpose of Laser Light
- How To Take Care Of Your Skin After Deep Fractional Laser Treatments
- Laser Therapy for Facial Wrinkles
- IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) – Frequently Asked Questions
- ND-YAG Laser
- Perfect Candidates for Laser Therapy
- Safety Tips if Considering a Laser Treatment
- Best Photorejuvenation Treatments
- Q&A: iPixel Erbium Laser Therapy
- Laser Skin Resurfacing After-Care Tips
- Less Invasive Laser Treatments
- Recovery Time after Laser Skin Therapy
- Non-Surgical Skin Tightening
- Cosmetic Laser Therapy … Is it for You?
- Safety Of Laser Treatments
- Types of Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Cosmetic Laser Treatments
- Risks with Facial Skin Resurfacing
- Pros and Cons of CO2 Laser
- Celebrities and Laser Skin Therapy
- Why is CO2 laser more expensive than AFT laser?
- Preparation for Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Benefits Of Non-Surgical Anti-Aging Laser Treatments For The Body Part 1
- My Experience with Laser Skin Therapy
- Ablative vs. Non-Ablative Lasers
- What Can You Treat With Facial Laser Treatments?
- Treating Acne with CO2
- ClearLift And How It Works
- Differences Between CO2 And Erbium Fractional Laser Treatments
- Laser Tattoo Removal
- Scar Treatments
- What Conditions do Lasers Treat?
- Benefits of Non-Surgical Anti-Aging Laser Treatments For The Body Part 2
- Lasers Vs. Surgery: What’s The Right Choice For You? Part 2
- Lasers Vs. Surgery: What’s The Right Choice For You? Part 1
- Laser Scar Removal and Treatment Info
- Facial Laser Treatments: Frequently Asked Questions
- Complications of Laser Skin Therapy
- Post-Laser Treatment Home Care Instructions
- Five Best Ways to Treat Scars
- How Laser Skin Tightening Works
- What Happens When You Get Laser For Acne Scars?
- Have You Tried Using Laser Skin Treatments To Erase Acne Scars?
- Using Laser Skin Tightening To Reduce Facial Lines And Wrinkles
- Chemical Peels Vs. Laser Treatment: Is One Better Than The Other?
- Commonly Asked Questions About Laser Skin Tightening
- Laser Skin Tightening Treatments: Costs, Risks, And Benefits
- Laser Mole Removal Recovery
- Using Laser Treatments To Clear Acne Scars
- Want To Tighten Loose Skin? Try Laser Skin Tightening Treatments
- Laser Treatments For Acne Scars And Their Benefits
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.