Best Photorejuvenation Treatments
Photorejuvenation refers to the treatment of pigmentation on the surface of the skin caused by chronic exposure to ultraviolet radiation (UV) from the sun.
Photorejuvenation procedures target and remove brown and red pigments from the skin and have long term benefits in preventing and managing the photo ageing process of the skin. Photoaging is also known as dermatoheliosis, which refers to the changing characteristics of unprotected skin that has been exposed to prolonged periods of sun exposure.
Photorejuvenation With AFT Laser Treatments
Anti Ageing Procedures
Photorejuvenation with AFT (Advanced Florescence Technology) laser treatments are advanced anti ageing procedures that combat the ageing of skin that has been exposed to direct sunlight. Overtime, long durations of sun exposure and environmental stress factors can cause structural damage to the skin, resulting in skin that appears looser and more hallow. AFT laser is the next generation of IPL laser treatments, and they are most commonly recommended by dermatologists and plastic surgeons for the effective treatment of sun spots, moles, lesions, and wrinkles. AFT treatments require minimal downtime with mild irritation that lasts for a few days post treatment.
Dr. Torgerson and the educated staff at his private Yorkville clinic is the best way to determine whether you can benefit from AFT–IPL photorejuvenation treatments.
Common Signs Of Skin Damage
Ideal candidates may have one or more of the following common signs of skin damage:
- Patchy, blotchy, uneven skin pigmentation
- Dark blemishes
- Sun spots
- Brown spots
- White spots
- Leathery looking skin – Fine lines and wrinkles
- Loss of skin firmness
- Loss of volume in the skin
*Irregularly shaped brown marks that appear to be growing in shape or size should be assessed by a skin specialist immediately.
In addition to sun associated skin damage, IPL treatments can help reduce or eliminate:
- Red blemishes
- Broken capillaries
- Redness on the skin
- Red-brown blemishes
- Oiliness in the skin
- Irregular complexion
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
Non-Surgical Laser Treatment
- How Does a Toronto CO2 Laser Skin Treatment Work to Beautify Your Complexion?
- Non-Surgical Toronto Laser Skin Treatment Can Turn Back the Clock for Your Skin
- How Can You Tell if a Toronto Laser Skin Treatment Is Right for You?
- The Best Beauty Treatments for Women with Darker Skin
- Laser Treatments for Darker Skin Tones
- Using Laser Treatments To Clear Acne Scars – Here Are Some Important Facts You Should Know
- How To Accomplish Bigger Busts With Laser Breast-Lifting Treatments
- What Do Laser Treatments Cost?
- Using Laser Treatments To Relieve Vaginal Dryness
- Have You Tried the New Non-Surgical Laser Solution for Treating Stress Urinary Incontinence?
- Treating Acne Scars – What Works Best?
- Advantages & Disadvantages of a Laser Face Lift
- Ablative Laser Treatments
- Q&A: AFT – IPL Laser Therapy
- Laser and Acne Scar Removal
- Laser and Tattoo Removal
- Is there a Solution for Acne Scars?
- Benefits of Laser Skin Therapy
- Side Effects of Laser Skin Therapy
- The Purpose of Laser Light
- How To Take Care Of Your Skin After Deep Fractional Laser Treatments
- Laser Therapy for Facial Wrinkles
- IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) – Frequently Asked Questions
- ND-YAG Laser
- Perfect Candidates for Laser Therapy
- Safety Tips if Considering a Laser Treatment
- Best Photorejuvenation Treatments
- Q&A: iPixel Erbium Laser Therapy
- Laser Skin Resurfacing After-Care Tips
- Less Invasive Laser Treatments
- Recovery Time after Laser Skin Therapy
- Non-Surgical Skin Tightening
- Cosmetic Laser Therapy … Is it for You?
- Safety Of Laser Treatments
- Types of Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Cosmetic Laser Treatments
- Risks with Facial Skin Resurfacing
- Pros and Cons of CO2 Laser
- Celebrities and Laser Skin Therapy
- Why is CO2 laser more expensive than AFT laser?
- Preparation for Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Benefits Of Non-Surgical Anti-Aging Laser Treatments For The Body Part 1
- My Experience with Laser Skin Therapy
- Ablative vs. Non-Ablative Lasers
- What Can You Treat With Facial Laser Treatments?
- Treating Acne with CO2
- ClearLift And How It Works
- Differences Between CO2 And Erbium Fractional Laser Treatments
- Laser Tattoo Removal
- Scar Treatments
- What Conditions do Lasers Treat?
- Benefits of Non-Surgical Anti-Aging Laser Treatments For The Body Part 2
- Lasers Vs. Surgery: What’s The Right Choice For You? Part 2
- Lasers Vs. Surgery: What’s The Right Choice For You? Part 1
- Laser Scar Removal and Treatment Info
- Facial Laser Treatments: Frequently Asked Questions
- Complications of Laser Skin Therapy
- Post-Laser Treatment Home Care Instructions
- Five Best Ways to Treat Scars
- How Laser Skin Tightening Works
- What Happens When You Get Laser For Acne Scars?
- Have You Tried Using Laser Skin Treatments To Erase Acne Scars?
- Using Laser Skin Tightening To Reduce Facial Lines And Wrinkles
- Chemical Peels Vs. Laser Treatment: Is One Better Than The Other?
- Commonly Asked Questions About Laser Skin Tightening
- Laser Skin Tightening Treatments: Costs, Risks, And Benefits
- Laser Mole Removal Recovery
- Using Laser Treatments To Clear Acne Scars
- Want To Tighten Loose Skin? Try Laser Skin Tightening Treatments
- Laser Treatments For Acne Scars And Their Benefits
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.