Pros and Cons of CO2 Laser
Although there are advantages and disadvantages to choosing any facial laser treatment, the bottom line is . . . you have to choose what is right for you as an individual.
When deciding which laser resurfacing therapy to undergo, the treatment that your friend chooses might not be the best treatment for you. Their choice may not produce the results you had hoped to achieve. There are many factors to consider, and Dr. Cory Torgerson can walk you through the process of choosing the skin resurfacing therapy that is best suited for you.
Invasive Methods Should Be Investigated For Their Pros And Cons
Invasive Skin Resurfacing Treatment
Some facial laser treatments are less invasive than others. However, the truth is that the more invasive laser therapy is, the more noticeable your results will be. Although every type of laser therapy offered at Dr. Torgerson’s laser clinic in Yorkville is worthwhile and targets specific needs, more invasive methods should be investigated for their pros and cons. The most invasive skin resurfacing treatment offered at his laser centre is CO2 laser, which is also known as lasabrasion or laserabrasion.
CO2 laser treats an incredible amount of skin disorders and aging issues all at the same time. It not only tightens sagging skin and smooths out deep wrinkles, it is also able to resurface the face and remove acne scars, dark aging spots, uneven pigmentation, and sun damage. All of the top layers of skin are targeted with a carbon dioxide, ultra-pulse beam that eliminates aging and damaged skin cells. Tiny areas are systematically infused with microscopic heat channels, stimulating new collagen production in skin tissues below the surface. Blood vessels and nerve endings in the new layer of skin tighten as they heal, producing a beautiful texture and bright complexion.
A huge advantage to CO2 laser therapy is that it can be accomplished in one 60- to 90-minute session. There is no need for continued appointments, and the results will continue to be evident for months and even years, as the new collagen production continues.
Benefits Are Evidenced for Several Years
Assuring Comfort and Safety
When carbon dioxide laser treatments were first approved, there was a risk of scarring, burning, and hypopigmentation. Because the laser pulses are now “fractionated”, negative side effects are extremely rare. Now there is no thermal damage, as only a fraction of the skin’s surface is treated by the micro-perforations, allowing the skin cells in the untreated areas to form a bridge that speeds up the healing process.
Conscious sedation or complete sedation is necessary due to the fact that the resurfacing method is more invasive. This should not make any potential candidate fearful, as Dr. Torgerson and his qualified personnel take every precaution to assure your comfort and safety. It is necessary to schedule 1 week off of work while the healing process takes place. Immediately following the treatment, your face will feel sunburned and have reddish stripes across it. By following the after-care instructions that you are given, these red areas will form a crust and fall off with each cleansing.
CO2 laser costs more than other laser treatments, but its benefits are evidenced for several years. Dr. Torgerson feels that the advanced CO2 laser treatment is the “gold standard” of skin-resurfacing methods, and the pros and benefits it offers far outweigh any negative aspect.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
Non-Surgical Laser Treatment
- Ablative Laser Treatments
- Ablative vs. Non-Ablative Lasers
- Advantages & Disadvantages of a Laser Face Lift
- Benefits of Laser Skin Therapy
- Benefits Of Non-Surgical Anti-Aging Laser Treatments For The Body Part 1
- Benefits of Non-Surgical Anti-Aging Laser Treatments For The Body Part 2
- Best Photorejuvenation Treatments
- Celebrities and Laser Skin Therapy
- Chemical Peels Vs. Laser Treatment: Is One Better Than The Other?
- ClearLift And How It Works
- CO2 Laser Resurfacing – Why Do the Before and After Results Keep It in High Demand?
- Commonly Asked Questions About Laser Skin Tightening
- Complications of Laser Skin Therapy
- Cosmetic Laser Therapy … Is it for You?
- Cosmetic Laser Treatments
- Differences Between CO2 And Erbium Fractional Laser Treatments
- Facial Laser Treatments: Frequently Asked Questions
- Five Best Ways to Treat Scars
- Have You Tried the New Non-Surgical Laser Solution for Treating Stress Urinary Incontinence?
- Have You Tried Using Laser Skin Treatments To Erase Acne Scars?
- How Can You Tell if a Toronto Laser Skin Treatment Is Right for You?
- How Does a Toronto CO2 Laser Skin Treatment Work to Beautify Your Complexion?
- How Laser Skin Tightening Works
- How To Accomplish Bigger Busts With Laser Breast-Lifting Treatments
- How To Take Care Of Your Skin After Deep Fractional Laser Treatments
- IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) – Frequently Asked Questions
- Is there a Solution for Acne Scars?
- Laser and Acne Scar Removal
- Laser and Tattoo Removal
- Laser Mole Removal Recovery
- Laser Scar Removal and Treatment Info
- Laser Skin Resurfacing After-Care Tips
- Laser Skin Tightening Treatments: Costs, Risks, And Benefits
- Laser Tattoo Removal
- Laser Therapy for Facial Wrinkles
- Laser Treatments For Acne Scars And Their Benefits
- Laser Treatments for Darker Skin Tones
- Lasers Vs. Surgery: What’s The Right Choice For You? Part 1
- Lasers Vs. Surgery: What’s The Right Choice For You? Part 2
- Less Invasive Laser Treatments
- My Experience with Laser Skin Therapy
- ND-YAG Laser
- Non-Surgical Skin Tightening
- Non-Surgical Toronto Laser Skin Treatment Can Turn Back the Clock for Your Skin
- Perfect Candidates for Laser Therapy
- Post-Laser Treatment Home Care Instructions
- Preparation for Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Pros and Cons of CO2 Laser
- Q&A: AFT – IPL Laser Therapy
- Q&A: iPixel Erbium Laser Therapy
- Recovery Time after Laser Skin Therapy
- Risks with Facial Skin Resurfacing
- Safety of Laser Treatments
- Safety Tips if Considering a Laser Treatment
- Scar Treatments
- Side Effects of Laser Skin Therapy
- The Best Beauty Treatments for Women with Darker Skin
- The Purpose of Laser Light
- Treating Acne Scars – What Works Best?
- Treating Acne with CO2
- Types of Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Using Laser Skin Tightening To Reduce Facial Lines And Wrinkles
- Using Laser Treatments To Clear Acne Scars
- Using Laser Treatments To Clear Acne Scars – Here Are Some Important Facts You Should Know
- Using Laser Treatments To Relieve Vaginal Dryness
- Want To Tighten Loose Skin? Try Laser Skin Tightening Treatments
- What Can You Treat With Facial Laser Treatments?
- What Conditions do Lasers Treat?
- What Do Laser Treatments Cost?
- What Happens When You Get Laser For Acne Scars?
- Why is CO2 laser more expensive than AFT laser?