Why is CO2 laser more expensive than AFT laser?
These two laser treatments are like comparing oranges to apples
Although both fall under the umbrella of laser skin resurfacing, they both use different methods of laser and target different layers of the skin. Whatever objective is desired determines which type of laser should be applied. It would be safe to say that the AFT laser treatment is a lightweight procedure, whereas a CO2 laser treatment is the heavyweight procedure.
Both of these skin-resurfacing options are available at the facial cosmetic laser centre operated by Dr. Cory Torgerson in downtown Toronto. A consultation with the experts at the laser clinic would be the best way to determine which of these skin resurfacing options would target your areas of concern and produce optimum results.
CO2 Laser vs AFT Laser
Laser Treatment Differences
AFT, advance fluorescence technology, uses low-energy light with many wavelengths to evenly distribute heat deep into underlying skin tissues. This laser treatment leaves the top layer of skin, the epidermis, untouched. The effect of the heat causes the naturally-occurring collagen to reactivate and begin building again. Because the top layer of skin is untouched, there may be some pink discoloration for a day or two, but no downtime is really necessary. AFT laser can be administered with the use of a topical numbing agent and Tylenol.
CO2 laser technology uses a high-energy, ultra-pulse CO2 beam to heat the epidermis to a temperature of approximately 100 degrees Celsius. This intense heat vaporizes the old and damaged outer skin and causes the new layer of skin to tighten as it heals. The heat induces collagen production as well. Five to seven days of downtime is usually required, because the new skin requires special care and the intense laser results in sensitive red skin that will crust over before falling off. CO2 laser requires conscious sedation to ensure that patients are absolutely comfortable throughout the treatment.
Determine Whether Aft Laser Or Co2 Laser Would Benefit You The Most
AFT laser is excellent for treating minimal wrinkles, spider veins, shallow acne scars, age spots, and uneven pigmentation, whereas CO2 laser is able to produce amazing results with deep wrinkles, deep acne scars, sun-damaged skin, and hypopigmentation or unevenly textured skin. Although results will be noticed after 1 session of the AFT laser, it may be necessary to schedule 2 or 3 sessions four weeks apart before achieving the desired result. Annual maintenance is usually recommended. CO2 laser is accomplished in 1 session, with the results lasting for over a year.
The cost for AFT laser is much less per session than the CO2 laser cost for a full face and neck treatment. CO2 laser is considered the “gold standard” by professionals and is touted as the top breakthrough of the decade in laser cosmetic surgery. Although it is the most expensive procedure, its benefits are untouched by any other facial laser treatment. CO2 laser is effective for almost all facial resurfacing needs except for people with darker skin.
An appointment with the experts at Dr. Torgerson’s laser centre will enable you to determine whether AFT laser or CO2 laser would benefit your skincare needs the most.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
Non-Surgical Laser Treatment
- Types of Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Safety Tips if Considering a Laser Treatment
- Q&A: iPixel Erbium Laser Therapy
- Pros and Cons of CO2 Laser
- Preparation for Laser Skin Resurfacing
- ND-YAG Laser
- IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) – Frequently Asked Questions
- Cosmetic Laser Treatments
- Complications of Laser Skin Therapy
- Benefits of Laser Skin Therapy
- How Does a Toronto CO2 Laser Skin Treatment Work to Beautify Your Complexion?
- Non-Surgical Toronto Laser Skin Treatment Can Turn Back the Clock for Your Skin
- How Can You Tell if a Toronto Laser Skin Treatment Is Right for You?
- The Best Beauty Treatments for Women with Darker Skin
- Laser Treatments for Darker Skin Tones
- Using Laser Treatments To Clear Acne Scars – Here Are Some Important Facts You Should Know
- How To Accomplish Bigger Busts With Laser Breast-Lifting Treatments
- What Do Laser Treatments Cost?
- Using Laser Treatments To Relieve Vaginal Dryness
- Have You Tried the New Non-Surgical Laser Solution for Treating Stress Urinary Incontinence?
- Treating Acne Scars – What Works Best?
- Advantages & Disadvantages of a Laser Face Lift
- Ablative Laser Treatments
- Q&A: AFT – IPL Laser Therapy
- Laser and Acne Scar Removal
- Laser and Tattoo Removal
- Is there a Solution for Acne Scars?
- Side Effects of Laser Skin Therapy
- The Purpose of Laser Light
- How To Take Care Of Your Skin After Deep Fractional Laser Treatments
- Laser Therapy for Facial Wrinkles
- Perfect Candidates for Laser Therapy
- Best Photorejuvenation Treatments
- Laser Skin Resurfacing After-Care Tips
- Less Invasive Laser Treatments
- Recovery Time after Laser Skin Therapy
- Non-Surgical Skin Tightening
- Cosmetic Laser Therapy … Is it for You?
- Safety Of Laser Treatments
- Risks with Facial Skin Resurfacing
- Celebrities and Laser Skin Therapy
- Why is CO2 laser more expensive than AFT laser?
- Benefits Of Non-Surgical Anti-Aging Laser Treatments For The Body Part 1
- My Experience with Laser Skin Therapy
- Ablative vs. Non-Ablative Lasers
- What Can You Treat With Facial Laser Treatments?
- Treating Acne with CO2
- ClearLift And How It Works
- Differences Between CO2 And Erbium Fractional Laser Treatments
- Laser Tattoo Removal
- Scar Treatments
- What Conditions do Lasers Treat?
- Benefits of Non-Surgical Anti-Aging Laser Treatments For The Body Part 2
- Lasers Vs. Surgery: What’s The Right Choice For You? Part 2
- Lasers Vs. Surgery: What’s The Right Choice For You? Part 1
- Laser Scar Removal and Treatment Info
- Facial Laser Treatments: Frequently Asked Questions
- Post-Laser Treatment Home Care Instructions
- Five Best Ways to Treat Scars
- How Laser Skin Tightening Works
- What Happens When You Get Laser For Acne Scars?
- Have You Tried Using Laser Skin Treatments To Erase Acne Scars?
- Using Laser Skin Tightening To Reduce Facial Lines And Wrinkles
- Chemical Peels Vs. Laser Treatment: Is One Better Than The Other?
- Commonly Asked Questions About Laser Skin Tightening
- Laser Skin Tightening Treatments: Costs, Risks, And Benefits
- Laser Mole Removal Recovery
- Using Laser Treatments To Clear Acne Scars
- Want To Tighten Loose Skin? Try Laser Skin Tightening Treatments
- Laser Treatments For Acne Scars And Their Benefits
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.