Why is CO2 laser more expensive than AFT laser?
These two laser treatments are like comparing oranges to apples
Although both fall under the umbrella of laser skin resurfacing, they both use different methods of laser and target different layers of the skin. Whatever objective is desired determines which type of laser should be applied. It would be safe to say that the AFT laser treatment is a lightweight procedure, whereas a CO2 laser treatment is the heavyweight procedure.
Both of these skin-resurfacing options are available at the facial cosmetic laser centre operated by Dr. Cory Torgerson in downtown Toronto. A consultation with the experts at the laser clinic would be the best way to determine which of these skin resurfacing options would target your areas of concern and produce optimum results.
CO2 Laser vs AFT Laser
Laser Treatment Differences
AFT, advance fluorescence technology, uses low-energy light with many wavelengths to evenly distribute heat deep into underlying skin tissues. This laser treatment leaves the top layer of skin, the epidermis, untouched. The effect of the heat causes the naturally-occurring collagen to reactivate and begin building again. Because the top layer of skin is untouched, there may be some pink discoloration for a day or two, but no downtime is really necessary. AFT laser can be administered with the use of a topical numbing agent and Tylenol.
CO2 laser technology uses a high-energy, ultra-pulse CO2 beam to heat the epidermis to a temperature of approximately 100 degrees Celsius. This intense heat vaporizes the old and damaged outer skin and causes the new layer of skin to tighten as it heals. The heat induces collagen production as well. Five to seven days of downtime is usually required, because the new skin requires special care and the intense laser results in sensitive red skin that will crust over before falling off. CO2 laser requires conscious sedation to ensure that patients are absolutely comfortable throughout the treatment.
Determine Whether Aft Laser Or Co2 Laser Would Benefit You The Most
AFT laser is excellent for treating minimal wrinkles, spider veins, shallow acne scars, age spots, and uneven pigmentation, whereas CO2 laser is able to produce amazing results with deep wrinkles, deep acne scars, sun-damaged skin, and hypopigmentation or unevenly textured skin. Although results will be noticed after 1 session of the AFT laser, it may be necessary to schedule 2 or 3 sessions four weeks apart before achieving the desired result. Annual maintenance is usually recommended. CO2 laser is accomplished in 1 session, with the results lasting for over a year.
The cost for AFT laser is much less per session than the CO2 laser cost for a full face and neck treatment. CO2 laser is considered the “gold standard” by professionals and is touted as the top breakthrough of the decade in laser cosmetic surgery. Although it is the most expensive procedure, its benefits are untouched by any other facial laser treatment. CO2 laser is effective for almost all facial resurfacing needs except for people with darker skin.
An appointment with the experts at Dr. Torgerson’s laser centre will enable you to determine whether AFT laser or CO2 laser would benefit your skincare needs the most.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
Non-Surgical Laser Treatment
- Why is CO2 laser more expensive than AFT laser?
- What Happens When You Get Laser For Acne Scars?
- What Do Laser Treatments Cost?
- What Conditions do Lasers Treat?
- What Can You Treat With Facial Laser Treatments?
- Want To Tighten Loose Skin? Try Laser Skin Tightening Treatments
- Using Laser Skin Tightening To Reduce Facial Lines And Wrinkles
- Types of Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Using Laser Treatments To Clear Acne Scars
- Using Laser Treatments To Relieve Vaginal Dryness
- Using Laser Treatments To Clear Acne Scars – Here Are Some Important Facts You Should Know
- Treating Acne Scars – What Works Best?
- Treating Acne with CO2
- The Purpose of Laser Light
- The Best Beauty Treatments for Women with Darker Skin
- Side Effects of Laser Skin Therapy
- Risks with Facial Skin Resurfacing
- Safety Of Laser Treatments
- Safety Tips if Considering a Laser Treatment
- Scar Treatments
- Preparation for Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Pros and Cons of CO2 Laser
- Q&A: AFT – IPL Laser Therapy
- Q&A: iPixel Erbium Laser Therapy
- Recovery Time after Laser Skin Therapy
- Post-Laser Treatment Home Care Instructions
- Non-Surgical Toronto Laser Skin Treatment Can Turn Back the Clock for Your Skin
- Perfect Candidates for Laser Therapy
- Non-Surgical Skin Tightening
- ND-YAG Laser
- My Experience with Laser Skin Therapy
- Laser Tattoo Removal
- Laser Treatments for Darker Skin Tones
- Laser Treatments For Acne Scars And Their Benefits
- Lasers Vs. Surgery: What’s The Right Choice For You? Part 2
- Lasers Vs. Surgery: What’s The Right Choice For You? Part 1
- Laser Therapy for Facial Wrinkles
- Laser Skin Tightening Treatments: Costs, Risks, And Benefits
- Less Invasive Laser Treatments
- Is there a Solution for Acne Scars?
- Laser Skin Resurfacing After-Care Tips
- Laser and Acne Scar Removal
- Laser and Tattoo Removal
- Laser Mole Removal Recovery
- Laser Scar Removal and Treatment Info
- IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) – Frequently Asked Questions
- How To Take Care Of Your Skin After Deep Fractional Laser Treatments
- How To Accomplish Bigger Busts With Laser Breast-Lifting Treatments
- How Can You Tell if a Toronto Laser Skin Treatment Is Right for You?
- How Does a Toronto CO2 Laser Skin Treatment Work to Beautify Your Complexion?
- How Laser Skin Tightening Works
- Have You Tried Using Laser Skin Treatments To Erase Acne Scars?
- Have You Tried the New Non-Surgical Laser Solution for Treating Stress Urinary Incontinence?
- Five Best Ways to Treat Scars
- Facial Laser Treatments: Frequently Asked Questions
- Cosmetic Laser Therapy … Is it for You?
- Cosmetic Laser Treatments
- Differences Between CO2 And Erbium Fractional Laser Treatments
- Complications of Laser Skin Therapy
- Chemical Peels Vs. Laser Treatment: Is One Better Than The Other?
- Commonly Asked Questions About Laser Skin Tightening
- ClearLift And How It Works
- CO2 Laser Resurfacing – Why Do the Before and After Results Keep It in High Demand?
- Celebrities and Laser Skin Therapy
- Best Photorejuvenation Treatments
- Benefits of Non-Surgical Anti-Aging Laser Treatments For The Body Part 2
- Benefits of Laser Skin Therapy
- Benefits Of Non-Surgical Anti-Aging Laser Treatments For The Body Part 1
- Advantages & Disadvantages of a Laser Face Lift
- Ablative vs. Non-Ablative Lasers
- Ablative Laser Treatments
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.