Complications of Laser Skin Therapy
Laser skin therapy is also called facial rejuvenation or laser skin resurfacing.
It enables people to achieve a glowing, new complexion and minimize the signs of aging, all because of a treatment that takes less than an hour. Some laser treatments allow you to continue on with your daily schedule, requiring no downtime. Laser skin therapy is also affordable. No wonder it’s becoming so popular!
Potential Risks and Complications That Should Be Investigated
Extremely Safe Therapy
Laser skin therapy is considered extremely safe, not only because laser technology is so advanced, but also because laser equipment is rapidly improving year after year. As with any medical procedure, there are potential risks and complications that should be investigated. These risks can become almost nil if extra care is taken to choose a reputable facility and a licensed practitioner. Dr. Cory Torgerson is a certified head and neck surgeon as well as a certified cosmetic surgeon. He employs qualified personnel to administer the laser therapies he offers. His facial cosmetic and laser centre in Yorkville, Toronto, has received the highest level an out-of-hospital premise can attain from the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario. By choosing his professional services, you are significantly minimizing any potential for laser skin therapy risks.
Laser therapy is basically administering controlled heat to either the dermis or epidermis layers of the skin. When the equipment is faulty or the practitioner is not experienced, there is a risk of burns to the facial surface. If the incorrect method of laser treatment is used, scarring may also result. For example, some laser therapies are not recommended for people with darker skin tones.
Conditions That May Be Able To Be Rectified With Further Laser Therapy
Resurfacing The Texture
Laser therapy is an excellent method of resurfacing the texture of the skin and minimizing acne scarring. If it is used before the blemishes have healed properly, it can cause further acne. Dr. Torgerson advises that if Acutane was used as medication to curb acne, the patient wait at least 6 months before undergoing laser therapy, or there is a risk of scarring. The misuse of laser heat can worsen some skin conditions such as dermatitis or cause roseola, a rash or eruption of red skin.
If the patient does not follow a proper cleansing regime following ablative laser therapy, there is a chance of bacterial infection. Also, if the proper antibiotics are not prescribed after some laser skin therapies, it may result in infection. The improper use of lasers can cause changes in the pigmentation of the skin. Hyperpigmentation results in pink, red, or brown spots on the face. Hypopigmentation removes the natural skin tone. Either of these conditions may be able to be rectified with further laser therapy.
Non-Surgical Laser Treatment
- Ablative Laser Treatments
- Ablative vs. Non-Ablative Lasers
- Advantages & Disadvantages of a Laser Face Lift
- Benefits of Laser Skin Therapy
- Benefits Of Non-Surgical Anti-Aging Laser Treatments For The Body Part 1
- Benefits of Non-Surgical Anti-Aging Laser Treatments For The Body Part 2
- Best Photorejuvenation Treatments
- Celebrities and Laser Skin Therapy
- Chemical Peels Vs. Laser Treatment: Is One Better Than The Other?
- ClearLift And How It Works
- CO2 Laser Resurfacing – Why Do the Before and After Results Keep It in High Demand?
- Commonly Asked Questions About Laser Skin Tightening
- Complications of Laser Skin Therapy
- Cosmetic Laser Therapy … Is it for You?
- Cosmetic Laser Treatments
- Differences Between CO2 And Erbium Fractional Laser Treatments
- Facial Laser Treatments: Frequently Asked Questions
- Five Best Ways to Treat Scars
- Have You Tried the New Non-Surgical Laser Solution for Treating Stress Urinary Incontinence?
- Have You Tried Using Laser Skin Treatments To Erase Acne Scars?
- How Can You Tell if a Toronto Laser Skin Treatment Is Right for You?
- How Does a Toronto CO2 Laser Skin Treatment Work to Beautify Your Complexion?
- How Laser Skin Tightening Works
- How To Accomplish Bigger Busts With Laser Breast-Lifting Treatments
- How To Take Care Of Your Skin After Deep Fractional Laser Treatments
- IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) – Frequently Asked Questions
- Is there a Solution for Acne Scars?
- Laser and Acne Scar Removal
- Laser and Tattoo Removal
- Laser Mole Removal Recovery
- Laser Scar Removal and Treatment Info
- Laser Skin Resurfacing After-Care Tips
- Laser Skin Tightening Treatments: Costs, Risks, And Benefits
- Laser Tattoo Removal
- Laser Therapy for Facial Wrinkles
- Laser Treatments For Acne Scars And Their Benefits
- Laser Treatments for Darker Skin Tones
- Lasers Vs. Surgery: What’s The Right Choice For You? Part 1
- Lasers Vs. Surgery: What’s The Right Choice For You? Part 2
- Less Invasive Laser Treatments
- My Experience with Laser Skin Therapy
- ND-YAG Laser
- Non-Surgical Skin Tightening
- Non-Surgical Toronto Laser Skin Treatment Can Turn Back the Clock for Your Skin
- Perfect Candidates for Laser Therapy
- Post-Laser Treatment Home Care Instructions
- Preparation for Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Pros and Cons of CO2 Laser
- Q&A: AFT – IPL Laser Therapy
- Q&A: iPixel Erbium Laser Therapy
- Recovery Time after Laser Skin Therapy
- Risks with Facial Skin Resurfacing
- Safety of Laser Treatments
- Safety Tips if Considering a Laser Treatment
- Scar Treatments
- Side Effects of Laser Skin Therapy
- The Best Beauty Treatments for Women with Darker Skin
- The Purpose of Laser Light
- Treating Acne Scars – What Works Best?
- Treating Acne with CO2
- Types of Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Using Laser Skin Tightening To Reduce Facial Lines And Wrinkles
- Using Laser Treatments To Clear Acne Scars
- Using Laser Treatments To Clear Acne Scars – Here Are Some Important Facts You Should Know
- Using Laser Treatments To Relieve Vaginal Dryness
- Want To Tighten Loose Skin? Try Laser Skin Tightening Treatments
- What Can You Treat With Facial Laser Treatments?
- What Conditions do Lasers Treat?
- What Do Laser Treatments Cost?
- What Happens When You Get Laser For Acne Scars?
- Why is CO2 laser more expensive than AFT laser?
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.