Complications of Laser Skin Therapy
Laser skin therapy is also called facial rejuvenation or laser skin resurfacing.
It enables people to achieve a glowing, new complexion and minimize the signs of aging, all because of a treatment that takes less than an hour. Some laser treatments allow you to continue on with your daily schedule, requiring no downtime. Laser skin therapy is also affordable. No wonder it’s becoming so popular!
Potential Risks and Complications That Should Be Investigated
Extremely Safe Therapy
Laser skin therapy is considered extremely safe, not only because laser technology is so advanced, but also because laser equipment is rapidly improving year after year. As with any medical procedure, there are potential risks and complications that should be investigated. These risks can become almost nil if extra care is taken to choose a reputable facility and a licensed practitioner. Dr. Cory Torgerson is a certified head and neck surgeon as well as a certified cosmetic surgeon. He employs qualified personnel to administer the laser therapies he offers. His facial cosmetic and laser centre in Yorkville, Toronto, has received the highest level an out-of-hospital premise can attain from the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario. By choosing his professional services, you are significantly minimizing any potential for laser skin therapy risks.
Laser therapy is basically administering controlled heat to either the dermis or epidermis layers of the skin. When the equipment is faulty or the practitioner is not experienced, there is a risk of burns to the facial surface. If the incorrect method of laser treatment is used, scarring may also result. For example, some laser therapies are not recommended for people with darker skin tones.
Conditions That May Be Able To Be Rectified With Further Laser Therapy
Resurfacing The Texture
Laser therapy is an excellent method of resurfacing the texture of the skin and minimizing acne scarring. If it is used before the blemishes have healed properly, it can cause further acne. Dr. Torgerson advises that if Acutane was used as medication to curb acne, the patient wait at least 6 months before undergoing laser therapy, or there is a risk of scarring. The misuse of laser heat can worsen some skin conditions such as dermatitis or cause roseola, a rash or eruption of red skin.
If the patient does not follow a proper cleansing regime following ablative laser therapy, there is a chance of bacterial infection. Also, if the proper antibiotics are not prescribed after some laser skin therapies, it may result in infection. The improper use of lasers can cause changes in the pigmentation of the skin. Hyperpigmentation results in pink, red, or brown spots on the face. Hypopigmentation removes the natural skin tone. Either of these conditions may be able to be rectified with further laser therapy.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
Non-Surgical Laser Treatment
- Why is CO2 laser more expensive than AFT laser?
- Preparation for Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Laser Skin Resurfacing After-Care Tips
- Laser Scar Removal and Treatment Info
- Q&A: AFT – IPL Laser Therapy
- ND-YAG Laser
- Less Invasive Laser Treatments
- How Can You Tell if a Toronto Laser Skin Treatment Is Right for You?
- Using Laser Treatments To Relieve Vaginal Dryness
- Treating Acne with CO2
- Safety of Laser Treatments
- Non-Surgical Toronto Laser Skin Treatment Can Turn Back the Clock for Your Skin
- Non-Surgical Skin Tightening
- Laser Tattoo Removal
- IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) – Frequently Asked Questions
- How To Take Care Of Your Skin After Deep Fractional Laser Treatments
- How To Accomplish Bigger Busts With Laser Breast-Lifting Treatments
- How Does a Toronto CO2 Laser Skin Treatment Work to Beautify Your Complexion?
- Have You Tried the New Non-Surgical Laser Solution for Treating Stress Urinary Incontinence?
- CO2 Laser Resurfacing – Why Do the Before and After Results Keep It in High Demand?
- Celebrities and Laser Skin Therapy
- What Do Laser Treatments Cost?
- What Can You Treat With Facial Laser Treatments?
- Side Effects of Laser Skin Therapy
- What Conditions do Lasers Treat?
- What Happens When You Get Laser For Acne Scars?
- Want To Tighten Loose Skin? Try Laser Skin Tightening Treatments
- Using Laser Treatments To Clear Acne Scars
- Using Laser Skin Tightening To Reduce Facial Lines And Wrinkles
- Using Laser Treatments To Clear Acne Scars – Here Are Some Important Facts You Should Know
- Types of Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Treating Acne Scars – What Works Best?
- The Purpose of Laser Light
- The Best Beauty Treatments for Women with Darker Skin
- Safety Tips if Considering a Laser Treatment
- Scar Treatments
- Risks with Facial Skin Resurfacing
- Post-Laser Treatment Home Care Instructions
- Q&A: iPixel Erbium Laser Therapy
- Pros and Cons of CO2 Laser
- Recovery Time after Laser Skin Therapy
- Perfect Candidates for Laser Therapy
- My Experience with Laser Skin Therapy
- Laser Treatments For Acne Scars And Their Benefits
- Laser Skin Tightening Treatments: Costs, Risks, And Benefits
- Lasers Vs. Surgery: What’s The Right Choice For You? Part 1
- Laser Treatments for Darker Skin Tones
- Lasers Vs. Surgery: What’s The Right Choice For You? Part 2
- Laser Therapy for Facial Wrinkles
- Is there a Solution for Acne Scars?
- Laser Mole Removal Recovery
- Laser and Acne Scar Removal
- Laser and Tattoo Removal
- How Laser Skin Tightening Works
- Have You Tried Using Laser Skin Treatments To Erase Acne Scars?
- Five Best Ways to Treat Scars
- Facial Laser Treatments: Frequently Asked Questions
- Cosmetic Laser Treatments
- Cosmetic Laser Therapy … Is it for You?
- Differences Between CO2 And Erbium Fractional Laser Treatments
- Complications of Laser Skin Therapy
- Commonly Asked Questions About Laser Skin Tightening
- Chemical Peels Vs. Laser Treatment: Is One Better Than The Other?
- ClearLift And How It Works
- Best Photorejuvenation Treatments
- Benefits of Non-Surgical Anti-Aging Laser Treatments For The Body Part 2
- Benefits Of Non-Surgical Anti-Aging Laser Treatments For The Body Part 1
- Benefits of Laser Skin Therapy
- Advantages & Disadvantages of a Laser Face Lift
- Ablative Laser Treatments
- Ablative vs. Non-Ablative Lasers
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.