Cosmetic Laser Therapy … Is it for You?
If we were all honest, most of us have looked at pictures of models and celebrities in glamour magazines wishing we looked as good as they do!
In the past two decades, new facial cosmetic treatments have been introduced to the industry offering exciting options that enable everyone to age gracefully and look their best at any age. It is no longer necessary to envy Hollywood celebs because they look fantastic. At his private laser center in Toronto, Dr. Cory Torgerson offers a variety of choices that allow you to face the world at any age with confidence. Many of these facial cosmetic procedures do not involve any surgery. Cosmetic laser therapy is just one of several cutting-edge treatments that will allow you to look amazing.
Laser Therapy Stimulates Skin’s Natural Collagen Production
Remove Facial Imperfections
In determining whether laser therapy is right for you, the first important detail you should know is that the use of laser in the medical world is not new. Over 60 years ago, the first cosmetic laser procedure was performed. Since that time, scientists and laboratories around the world have continued to study and improve laser technology to ensure that it is not only effective, but safe as well. If the proper precautions are taken and a licensed professional is employed, cosmetic laser therapy is an exciting possibility for you.
So what can laser skin therapy accomplish? It is able to effectively minimize facial lines and wrinkles, produce a youthful, bright complexion with an even texture and tone, and remove many facial imperfections. Laser skin tightening and skin rejuvenation have been very popular in recent years. All laser treatments can be completed in a short amount of time without the expense of surgery! The results are immediate with ongoing improvements in the skin noticed long after the procedure, because laser therapy stimulates our skin’s natural collagen production.
Conscious Sedation Or Complete Sedation
Laser Skin Therapy Types
Many types of laser skin therapy are available at Dr. Torgerson’s laser clinic, and depending what your concerns are, his team of experts will choose the best laser treatment to address your specific needs. ClearLift and AFT laser therapies target more minimal skin irregularities, whereas CO2 fractionated laser and iPixel erbium laser target deeper issues. When the dermis is lasered, there is absolutely no downtime necessary for the skin to heal, but when the epidermis is targeted, it requires a few days to one week for the fresh layer of skin to heal properly.
Different types of laser beams are used with each type of laser therapy. Some use a low-energy frequency, whereas others use a high-powered ultra-pulse beam. All are administered externally using an articulated arm and a hand-piece. ClearLift and AFT laser require only a topical anaesthetic, whereas the more powerful laser treatments such as CO2 laser are conducted with either conscious sedation or complete sedation.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
Non-Surgical Laser Treatment
- Preparation for Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Laser Skin Resurfacing After-Care Tips
- Laser Scar Removal and Treatment Info
- Q&A: AFT – IPL Laser Therapy
- ND-YAG Laser
- Less Invasive Laser Treatments
- How Can You Tell if a Toronto Laser Skin Treatment Is Right for You?
- Using Laser Treatments To Relieve Vaginal Dryness
- Treating Acne with CO2
- Safety of Laser Treatments
- Non-Surgical Toronto Laser Skin Treatment Can Turn Back the Clock for Your Skin
- Non-Surgical Skin Tightening
- Laser Tattoo Removal
- IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) – Frequently Asked Questions
- How To Take Care Of Your Skin After Deep Fractional Laser Treatments
- How To Accomplish Bigger Busts With Laser Breast-Lifting Treatments
- How Does a Toronto CO2 Laser Skin Treatment Work to Beautify Your Complexion?
- Have You Tried the New Non-Surgical Laser Solution for Treating Stress Urinary Incontinence?
- CO2 Laser Resurfacing – Why Do the Before and After Results Keep It in High Demand?
- Celebrities and Laser Skin Therapy
- What Do Laser Treatments Cost?
- What Can You Treat With Facial Laser Treatments?
- Side Effects of Laser Skin Therapy
- Why is CO2 laser more expensive than AFT laser?
- What Conditions do Lasers Treat?
- What Happens When You Get Laser For Acne Scars?
- Want To Tighten Loose Skin? Try Laser Skin Tightening Treatments
- Using Laser Treatments To Clear Acne Scars
- Using Laser Skin Tightening To Reduce Facial Lines And Wrinkles
- Types of Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Using Laser Treatments To Clear Acne Scars – Here Are Some Important Facts You Should Know
- Treating Acne Scars – What Works Best?
- The Purpose of Laser Light
- The Best Beauty Treatments for Women with Darker Skin
- Safety Tips if Considering a Laser Treatment
- Scar Treatments
- Risks with Facial Skin Resurfacing
- Post-Laser Treatment Home Care Instructions
- Q&A: iPixel Erbium Laser Therapy
- Pros and Cons of CO2 Laser
- Recovery Time after Laser Skin Therapy
- Perfect Candidates for Laser Therapy
- My Experience with Laser Skin Therapy
- Laser Skin Tightening Treatments: Costs, Risks, And Benefits
- Laser Treatments for Darker Skin Tones
- Lasers Vs. Surgery: What’s The Right Choice For You? Part 1
- Laser Treatments For Acne Scars And Their Benefits
- Lasers Vs. Surgery: What’s The Right Choice For You? Part 2
- Laser Therapy for Facial Wrinkles
- Is there a Solution for Acne Scars?
- Laser and Acne Scar Removal
- Laser Mole Removal Recovery
- Laser and Tattoo Removal
- How Laser Skin Tightening Works
- Have You Tried Using Laser Skin Treatments To Erase Acne Scars?
- Five Best Ways to Treat Scars
- Facial Laser Treatments: Frequently Asked Questions
- Differences Between CO2 And Erbium Fractional Laser Treatments
- Cosmetic Laser Treatments
- Cosmetic Laser Therapy … Is it for You?
- Chemical Peels Vs. Laser Treatment: Is One Better Than The Other?
- ClearLift And How It Works
- Commonly Asked Questions About Laser Skin Tightening
- Complications of Laser Skin Therapy
- Best Photorejuvenation Treatments
- Benefits Of Non-Surgical Anti-Aging Laser Treatments For The Body Part 1
- Benefits of Non-Surgical Anti-Aging Laser Treatments For The Body Part 2
- Benefits of Laser Skin Therapy
- Advantages & Disadvantages of a Laser Face Lift
- Ablative vs. Non-Ablative Lasers
- Ablative Laser Treatments
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.