Cosmetic Laser Therapy … Is it for You?
If we were all honest, most of us have looked at pictures of models and celebrities in glamour magazines wishing we looked as good as they do!
In the past two decades, new facial cosmetic treatments have been introduced to the industry offering exciting options that enable everyone to age gracefully and look their best at any age. It is no longer necessary to envy Hollywood celebs because they look fantastic. At his private laser center in Toronto, Dr. Cory Torgerson offers a variety of choices that allow you to face the world at any age with confidence. Many of these facial cosmetic procedures do not involve any surgery. Cosmetic laser therapy is just one of several cutting-edge treatments that will allow you to look amazing.
Laser Therapy Stimulates Skin’s Natural Collagen Production
Remove Facial Imperfections
In determining whether laser therapy is right for you, the first important detail you should know is that the use of laser in the medical world is not new. Over 60 years ago, the first cosmetic laser procedure was performed. Since that time, scientists and laboratories around the world have continued to study and improve laser technology to ensure that it is not only effective, but safe as well. If the proper precautions are taken and a licensed professional is employed, cosmetic laser therapy is an exciting possibility for you.
So what can laser skin therapy accomplish? It is able to effectively minimize facial lines and wrinkles, produce a youthful, bright complexion with an even texture and tone, and remove many facial imperfections. Laser skin tightening and skin rejuvenation have been very popular in recent years. All laser treatments can be completed in a short amount of time without the expense of surgery! The results are immediate with ongoing improvements in the skin noticed long after the procedure, because laser therapy stimulates our skin’s natural collagen production.
Conscious Sedation Or Complete Sedation
Laser Skin Therapy Types
Many types of laser skin therapy are available at Dr. Torgerson’s laser clinic, and depending what your concerns are, his team of experts will choose the best laser treatment to address your specific needs. ClearLift and AFT laser therapies target more minimal skin irregularities, whereas CO2 fractionated laser and iPixel erbium laser target deeper issues. When the dermis is lasered, there is absolutely no downtime necessary for the skin to heal, but when the epidermis is targeted, it requires a few days to one week for the fresh layer of skin to heal properly.
Different types of laser beams are used with each type of laser therapy. Some use a low-energy frequency, whereas others use a high-powered ultra-pulse beam. All are administered externally using an articulated arm and a hand-piece. ClearLift and AFT laser require only a topical anaesthetic, whereas the more powerful laser treatments such as CO2 laser are conducted with either conscious sedation or complete sedation.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
Non-Surgical Laser Treatment
- CO2 Laser Resurfacing – Why Do the Before and After Results Keep It in High Demand?
- Types of Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Safety Tips if Considering a Laser Treatment
- Q&A: iPixel Erbium Laser Therapy
- Pros and Cons of CO2 Laser
- Preparation for Laser Skin Resurfacing
- ND-YAG Laser
- IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) – Frequently Asked Questions
- Cosmetic Laser Treatments
- Complications of Laser Skin Therapy
- Benefits of Laser Skin Therapy
- How Does a Toronto CO2 Laser Skin Treatment Work to Beautify Your Complexion?
- Non-Surgical Toronto Laser Skin Treatment Can Turn Back the Clock for Your Skin
- How Can You Tell if a Toronto Laser Skin Treatment Is Right for You?
- The Best Beauty Treatments for Women with Darker Skin
- Laser Treatments for Darker Skin Tones
- Using Laser Treatments To Clear Acne Scars – Here Are Some Important Facts You Should Know
- How To Accomplish Bigger Busts With Laser Breast-Lifting Treatments
- What Do Laser Treatments Cost?
- Using Laser Treatments To Relieve Vaginal Dryness
- Have You Tried the New Non-Surgical Laser Solution for Treating Stress Urinary Incontinence?
- Treating Acne Scars – What Works Best?
- Advantages & Disadvantages of a Laser Face Lift
- Ablative Laser Treatments
- Q&A: AFT – IPL Laser Therapy
- Laser and Acne Scar Removal
- Laser and Tattoo Removal
- Is there a Solution for Acne Scars?
- Side Effects of Laser Skin Therapy
- The Purpose of Laser Light
- How To Take Care Of Your Skin After Deep Fractional Laser Treatments
- Laser Therapy for Facial Wrinkles
- Perfect Candidates for Laser Therapy
- Best Photorejuvenation Treatments
- Laser Skin Resurfacing After-Care Tips
- Less Invasive Laser Treatments
- Recovery Time after Laser Skin Therapy
- Non-Surgical Skin Tightening
- Cosmetic Laser Therapy … Is it for You?
- Safety Of Laser Treatments
- Risks with Facial Skin Resurfacing
- Celebrities and Laser Skin Therapy
- Why is CO2 laser more expensive than AFT laser?
- Benefits Of Non-Surgical Anti-Aging Laser Treatments For The Body Part 1
- My Experience with Laser Skin Therapy
- Ablative vs. Non-Ablative Lasers
- What Can You Treat With Facial Laser Treatments?
- Treating Acne with CO2
- ClearLift And How It Works
- Differences Between CO2 And Erbium Fractional Laser Treatments
- Laser Tattoo Removal
- Scar Treatments
- What Conditions do Lasers Treat?
- Benefits of Non-Surgical Anti-Aging Laser Treatments For The Body Part 2
- Lasers Vs. Surgery: What’s The Right Choice For You? Part 2
- Lasers Vs. Surgery: What’s The Right Choice For You? Part 1
- Laser Scar Removal and Treatment Info
- Facial Laser Treatments: Frequently Asked Questions
- Post-Laser Treatment Home Care Instructions
- Five Best Ways to Treat Scars
- How Laser Skin Tightening Works
- What Happens When You Get Laser For Acne Scars?
- Have You Tried Using Laser Skin Treatments To Erase Acne Scars?
- Using Laser Skin Tightening To Reduce Facial Lines And Wrinkles
- Chemical Peels Vs. Laser Treatment: Is One Better Than The Other?
- Commonly Asked Questions About Laser Skin Tightening
- Laser Skin Tightening Treatments: Costs, Risks, And Benefits
- Laser Mole Removal Recovery
- Using Laser Treatments To Clear Acne Scars
- Want To Tighten Loose Skin? Try Laser Skin Tightening Treatments
- Laser Treatments For Acne Scars And Their Benefits
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.