Erbium is a laser skin-resurfacing module that ablates the epidermis, which is the outermost layer of the skin.
The treatment uses laser technology to create tiny microscopic holes similar to that of fractionated CO2 laser treatments. The process of microscopically damaging a fraction of the skin, also known as tissue vaporization, induces the production of new skin. This process allows the undamaged areas of the skin to provide anatomical support towards the healing of the injured epidermis. Erbium fractional laser treatments have the same function as CO2 lasers. They remove the top layers of the skin, causing new skin to be produced. The new skin has increased qualities in the smoothness and firmness of the skin on the face.
Treat Deep Lines And Wrinkles
What Is Erbium?
Erbium laser treatments treats deep lines and wrinkles. However, erbium is also a great option to treat minor scars on the face and other irregularities that might be otherwise be difficult to treat with other non-invasive treatments. Limited downtime should not prevent patients from receiving the fractional laser treatments that they desire, because the recovery with erbium is quicker than that of CO2 treatments. Erbium treatment recovery sometimes includes the use of bandages, which if used, will be replaced by your surgeon within a few days. Your surgeon will also prescribe an ointment that will prevent the occurrence of unsightly scars on the newly treated skin. Dr. Torgerson prescribes Teoxane’s RHA Deep Repair Balm to his fractional laser treatment patients because the balm has regenerative properties that assist in repairing and restoring the skin after aesthetic procedures.
Erbium laser skin resurfacing has been found safe and effective by Health Canada and by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for the effective treatment of fine lines and moderate wrinkles. It has also proven effective in the treatment of mild scars such as acne scars.
Smoother, Tighter Skin After Healing
Erbium Laser Treatments
Erbium fractional laser treatments are a highly effective way to address fine lines and wrinkles on the face. Patients who undergo laser resurfacing treatments see their skin’s texture and quality improve. Erbium works by stimulating collagen production in the treated areas, which results in smoother, tighter skin after healing. Erbium laser treatments do require some form of pain management. The process can cause some discomfort because the treatment removes the superficial layers of the skin. Options for pain management include local anesthetic and occasionally the use of mild sedatives. The treatment is conducted on an outpatient basis, so with the assistance of a driver, patients can go home after their treatment.
Erbium fractional laser treatments must be performed by qualified personnel. There are few side effects associated with erbium laser treatments. Common post-treatment symptoms include pink or redness in the skin after the procedure with some minor swelling. It is crucial to follow your plastic surgeon’s specific instructions to achieve the best possible results following your erbium fractional laser treatments. Dr. Torgerson ensures that all his patients receive the best in their treatment care pre- and post-procedure, so he may prescribe his patients with medication after their erbium treatment to increase their comfort. Contact our office to book your consultation with Dr. Torgerson to see whether erbium laser treatment is the right solution for your skin concerns.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
Non-Surgical Laser Treatment
- Ablative Laser Treatments
- Ablative vs. Non-Ablative Lasers
- Advantages & Disadvantages of a Laser Face Lift
- Benefits of Laser Skin Therapy
- Benefits Of Non-Surgical Anti-Aging Laser Treatments For The Body Part 1
- Benefits of Non-Surgical Anti-Aging Laser Treatments For The Body Part 2
- Best Photorejuvenation Treatments
- Celebrities and Laser Skin Therapy
- Chemical Peels Vs. Laser Treatment: Is One Better Than The Other?
- ClearLift And How It Works
- CO2 Laser Resurfacing – Why Do the Before and After Results Keep It in High Demand?
- Commonly Asked Questions About Laser Skin Tightening
- Complications of Laser Skin Therapy
- Cosmetic Laser Therapy … Is it for You?
- Cosmetic Laser Treatments
- Differences Between CO2 And Erbium Fractional Laser Treatments
- Facial Laser Treatments: Frequently Asked Questions
- Five Best Ways to Treat Scars
- Have You Tried the New Non-Surgical Laser Solution for Treating Stress Urinary Incontinence?
- Have You Tried Using Laser Skin Treatments To Erase Acne Scars?
- How Can You Tell if a Toronto Laser Skin Treatment Is Right for You?
- How Does a Toronto CO2 Laser Skin Treatment Work to Beautify Your Complexion?
- How Laser Skin Tightening Works
- How To Accomplish Bigger Busts With Laser Breast-Lifting Treatments
- How To Take Care Of Your Skin After Deep Fractional Laser Treatments
- IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) – Frequently Asked Questions
- Is there a Solution for Acne Scars?
- Laser and Acne Scar Removal
- Laser and Tattoo Removal
- Laser Mole Removal Recovery
- Laser Scar Removal and Treatment Info
- Laser Skin Resurfacing After-Care Tips
- Laser Skin Tightening Treatments: Costs, Risks, And Benefits
- Laser Tattoo Removal
- Laser Therapy for Facial Wrinkles
- Laser Treatments For Acne Scars And Their Benefits
- Laser Treatments for Darker Skin Tones
- Lasers Vs. Surgery: What’s The Right Choice For You? Part 1
- Lasers Vs. Surgery: What’s The Right Choice For You? Part 2
- Less Invasive Laser Treatments
- My Experience with Laser Skin Therapy
- ND-YAG Laser
- Non-Surgical Skin Tightening
- Non-Surgical Toronto Laser Skin Treatment Can Turn Back the Clock for Your Skin
- Perfect Candidates for Laser Therapy
- Post-Laser Treatment Home Care Instructions
- Preparation for Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Pros and Cons of CO2 Laser
- Q&A: AFT – IPL Laser Therapy
- Q&A: iPixel Erbium Laser Therapy
- Recovery Time after Laser Skin Therapy
- Risks with Facial Skin Resurfacing
- Safety of Laser Treatments
- Safety Tips if Considering a Laser Treatment
- Scar Treatments
- Side Effects of Laser Skin Therapy
- The Best Beauty Treatments for Women with Darker Skin
- The Purpose of Laser Light
- Treating Acne Scars – What Works Best?
- Treating Acne with CO2
- Types of Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Using Laser Skin Tightening To Reduce Facial Lines And Wrinkles
- Using Laser Treatments To Clear Acne Scars
- Using Laser Treatments To Clear Acne Scars – Here Are Some Important Facts You Should Know
- Using Laser Treatments To Relieve Vaginal Dryness
- Want To Tighten Loose Skin? Try Laser Skin Tightening Treatments
- What Can You Treat With Facial Laser Treatments?
- What Conditions do Lasers Treat?
- What Do Laser Treatments Cost?
- What Happens When You Get Laser For Acne Scars?
- Why is CO2 laser more expensive than AFT laser?
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.