How Laser Skin Tightening Works
As some people age, they begin to develop sagging skin in their face that creates the appearance that they are older than they really are.
This can destroy a person’s confidence, have a negative impact on their mental health, and cause them to seek out products that just don’t work at making them look any younger.
The Elasticity Is Dependent On Collagen And Elastin Fibers
Address Sagging Skin
Moving beyond the face lift popularity of decades past, laser skin tightening is a popular method today used to address sagging skin in the facial area. Minimally invasive, laser skin tightening serves to inspire your skin to begin producing higher amounts of collagen and elastic, thereby tightening the skin over time. When you are young, you don’t need to worry about skin tightening because there is already so much elasticity to the skin. For example, when there is a skin injury, a younger person’s skin will heal quickly, scars fade away at a faster rate, and in general, the skin can take more abuse to it than it can at other periods of one’s life. The elasticity is dependent on collagen and elastin fibers. Think of the ways in which rubber bands work. It is the same concept. All laser skin tightening is doing is triggering the body’s natural processes to produce newer, tighter rubber bands.
Aging is a natural process, yes. For some people, a little bit of sagging is not a problem. For others, it can be. The glow of the skin does fade with age and over the course of one’s life, it is perfectly natural to experience some level of skin damage. This can happen from the sun’s ultraviolet rays, smoking and other lifestyle choices, high levels of stress, excessive alcohol intake, and an unhealthy diet. Even if one goes to the gym and loses a large amount of weight or loses that weight in a rapid manner, even this can lead to sagging skin.
Highly Effective Results
Safer Than Surgery
If you want to repair the damage that has been caused to the skin, laser skin tightening is your best bet – and here’s why. The recovery time is near nothing, there is no redness experienced beyond the first few hours following treatment, and it is a far safer method, risk-wise, than surgery.
How laser skin tightening works is by heating up the collagen underneath the skin to 66 degrees. When this happens, the skin shrinks and tightens. The challenge in this process is how to remodel the collagen and elastin fibres deep in the layers of skin without burning the surface. This is accomplished through the utilization of cooling devices which keep the outer layer comfortable while the heat energy passes through the laser and into the deep layer of the skin.
Of all the recommended options that can be used to treat loose skin, laser skin tightening has advanced to the point where it is among the most effective options and better yet, it’s not surgery. Any risks associated with the procedure are low, the costs are affordable, and the results are highly effective.
If you are looking for more information on how laser skin tightening procedures work, please contact Dr. Torgerson, (647)343-0207. Speaking with one of Toronto’s top laser skin tightening treatment specialists, Dr. Torgerson can provide a thorough skin assessment and can advise on the most appropriate treatment options for what you want to achieve.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
Non-Surgical Laser Treatment
- Types of Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Safety Tips if Considering a Laser Treatment
- Q&A: iPixel Erbium Laser Therapy
- Pros and Cons of CO2 Laser
- Preparation for Laser Skin Resurfacing
- ND-YAG Laser
- IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) – Frequently Asked Questions
- Cosmetic Laser Treatments
- Complications of Laser Skin Therapy
- Benefits of Laser Skin Therapy
- How Does a Toronto CO2 Laser Skin Treatment Work to Beautify Your Complexion?
- Non-Surgical Toronto Laser Skin Treatment Can Turn Back the Clock for Your Skin
- How Can You Tell if a Toronto Laser Skin Treatment Is Right for You?
- The Best Beauty Treatments for Women with Darker Skin
- Laser Treatments for Darker Skin Tones
- Using Laser Treatments To Clear Acne Scars – Here Are Some Important Facts You Should Know
- How To Accomplish Bigger Busts With Laser Breast-Lifting Treatments
- What Do Laser Treatments Cost?
- Using Laser Treatments To Relieve Vaginal Dryness
- Have You Tried the New Non-Surgical Laser Solution for Treating Stress Urinary Incontinence?
- Treating Acne Scars – What Works Best?
- Advantages & Disadvantages of a Laser Face Lift
- Ablative Laser Treatments
- Q&A: AFT – IPL Laser Therapy
- Laser and Acne Scar Removal
- Laser and Tattoo Removal
- Is there a Solution for Acne Scars?
- Side Effects of Laser Skin Therapy
- The Purpose of Laser Light
- How To Take Care Of Your Skin After Deep Fractional Laser Treatments
- Laser Therapy for Facial Wrinkles
- Perfect Candidates for Laser Therapy
- Best Photorejuvenation Treatments
- Laser Skin Resurfacing After-Care Tips
- Less Invasive Laser Treatments
- Recovery Time after Laser Skin Therapy
- Non-Surgical Skin Tightening
- Cosmetic Laser Therapy … Is it for You?
- Safety Of Laser Treatments
- Risks with Facial Skin Resurfacing
- Celebrities and Laser Skin Therapy
- Why is CO2 laser more expensive than AFT laser?
- Benefits Of Non-Surgical Anti-Aging Laser Treatments For The Body Part 1
- My Experience with Laser Skin Therapy
- Ablative vs. Non-Ablative Lasers
- What Can You Treat With Facial Laser Treatments?
- Treating Acne with CO2
- ClearLift And How It Works
- Differences Between CO2 And Erbium Fractional Laser Treatments
- Laser Tattoo Removal
- Scar Treatments
- What Conditions do Lasers Treat?
- Benefits of Non-Surgical Anti-Aging Laser Treatments For The Body Part 2
- Lasers Vs. Surgery: What’s The Right Choice For You? Part 2
- Lasers Vs. Surgery: What’s The Right Choice For You? Part 1
- Laser Scar Removal and Treatment Info
- Facial Laser Treatments: Frequently Asked Questions
- Post-Laser Treatment Home Care Instructions
- Five Best Ways to Treat Scars
- How Laser Skin Tightening Works
- What Happens When You Get Laser For Acne Scars?
- Have You Tried Using Laser Skin Treatments To Erase Acne Scars?
- Using Laser Skin Tightening To Reduce Facial Lines And Wrinkles
- Chemical Peels Vs. Laser Treatment: Is One Better Than The Other?
- Commonly Asked Questions About Laser Skin Tightening
- Laser Skin Tightening Treatments: Costs, Risks, And Benefits
- Laser Mole Removal Recovery
- Using Laser Treatments To Clear Acne Scars
- Want To Tighten Loose Skin? Try Laser Skin Tightening Treatments
- Laser Treatments For Acne Scars And Their Benefits
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.