How Laser Skin Tightening Works
As some people age, they begin to develop sagging skin in their face that creates the appearance that they are older than they really are.
This can destroy a person’s confidence, have a negative impact on their mental health, and cause them to seek out products that just don’t work at making them look any younger.
The Elasticity Is Dependent On Collagen And Elastin Fibers
Address Sagging Skin
Moving beyond the face lift popularity of decades past, laser skin tightening is a popular method today used to address sagging skin in the facial area. Minimally invasive, laser skin tightening serves to inspire your skin to begin producing higher amounts of collagen and elastic, thereby tightening the skin over time. When you are young, you don’t need to worry about skin tightening because there is already so much elasticity to the skin. For example, when there is a skin injury, a younger person’s skin will heal quickly, scars fade away at a faster rate, and in general, the skin can take more abuse to it than it can at other periods of one’s life. The elasticity is dependent on collagen and elastin fibers. Think of the ways in which rubber bands work. It is the same concept. All laser skin tightening is doing is triggering the body’s natural processes to produce newer, tighter rubber bands.
Aging is a natural process, yes. For some people, a little bit of sagging is not a problem. For others, it can be. The glow of the skin does fade with age and over the course of one’s life, it is perfectly natural to experience some level of skin damage. This can happen from the sun’s ultraviolet rays, smoking and other lifestyle choices, high levels of stress, excessive alcohol intake, and an unhealthy diet. Even if one goes to the gym and loses a large amount of weight or loses that weight in a rapid manner, even this can lead to sagging skin.
Highly Effective Results
Safer Than Surgery
If you want to repair the damage that has been caused to the skin, laser skin tightening is your best bet – and here’s why. The recovery time is near nothing, there is no redness experienced beyond the first few hours following treatment, and it is a far safer method, risk-wise, than surgery.
How laser skin tightening works is by heating up the collagen underneath the skin to 66 degrees. When this happens, the skin shrinks and tightens. The challenge in this process is how to remodel the collagen and elastin fibres deep in the layers of skin without burning the surface. This is accomplished through the utilization of cooling devices which keep the outer layer comfortable while the heat energy passes through the laser and into the deep layer of the skin.
Of all the recommended options that can be used to treat loose skin, laser skin tightening has advanced to the point where it is among the most effective options and better yet, it’s not surgery. Any risks associated with the procedure are low, the costs are affordable, and the results are highly effective.
If you are looking for more information on how laser skin tightening procedures work, please contact Dr. Torgerson, (647)343-0207. Speaking with one of Toronto’s top laser skin tightening treatment specialists, Dr. Torgerson can provide a thorough skin assessment and can advise on the most appropriate treatment options for what you want to achieve.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
Non-Surgical Laser Treatment
- Why is CO2 laser more expensive than AFT laser?
- Preparation for Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Laser Skin Resurfacing After-Care Tips
- Laser Scar Removal and Treatment Info
- Q&A: AFT – IPL Laser Therapy
- ND-YAG Laser
- Less Invasive Laser Treatments
- How Can You Tell if a Toronto Laser Skin Treatment Is Right for You?
- Using Laser Treatments To Relieve Vaginal Dryness
- Treating Acne with CO2
- Safety of Laser Treatments
- Non-Surgical Toronto Laser Skin Treatment Can Turn Back the Clock for Your Skin
- Non-Surgical Skin Tightening
- Laser Tattoo Removal
- IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) – Frequently Asked Questions
- How To Take Care Of Your Skin After Deep Fractional Laser Treatments
- How To Accomplish Bigger Busts With Laser Breast-Lifting Treatments
- How Does a Toronto CO2 Laser Skin Treatment Work to Beautify Your Complexion?
- Have You Tried the New Non-Surgical Laser Solution for Treating Stress Urinary Incontinence?
- CO2 Laser Resurfacing – Why Do the Before and After Results Keep It in High Demand?
- Celebrities and Laser Skin Therapy
- What Do Laser Treatments Cost?
- What Can You Treat With Facial Laser Treatments?
- Side Effects of Laser Skin Therapy
- What Conditions do Lasers Treat?
- What Happens When You Get Laser For Acne Scars?
- Want To Tighten Loose Skin? Try Laser Skin Tightening Treatments
- Using Laser Treatments To Clear Acne Scars
- Using Laser Skin Tightening To Reduce Facial Lines And Wrinkles
- Using Laser Treatments To Clear Acne Scars – Here Are Some Important Facts You Should Know
- Types of Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Treating Acne Scars – What Works Best?
- The Purpose of Laser Light
- The Best Beauty Treatments for Women with Darker Skin
- Safety Tips if Considering a Laser Treatment
- Scar Treatments
- Risks with Facial Skin Resurfacing
- Post-Laser Treatment Home Care Instructions
- Q&A: iPixel Erbium Laser Therapy
- Pros and Cons of CO2 Laser
- Recovery Time after Laser Skin Therapy
- Perfect Candidates for Laser Therapy
- My Experience with Laser Skin Therapy
- Laser Treatments For Acne Scars And Their Benefits
- Laser Skin Tightening Treatments: Costs, Risks, And Benefits
- Lasers Vs. Surgery: What’s The Right Choice For You? Part 1
- Laser Treatments for Darker Skin Tones
- Lasers Vs. Surgery: What’s The Right Choice For You? Part 2
- Laser Therapy for Facial Wrinkles
- Is there a Solution for Acne Scars?
- Laser Mole Removal Recovery
- Laser and Acne Scar Removal
- Laser and Tattoo Removal
- How Laser Skin Tightening Works
- Have You Tried Using Laser Skin Treatments To Erase Acne Scars?
- Five Best Ways to Treat Scars
- Facial Laser Treatments: Frequently Asked Questions
- Cosmetic Laser Treatments
- Cosmetic Laser Therapy … Is it for You?
- Differences Between CO2 And Erbium Fractional Laser Treatments
- Complications of Laser Skin Therapy
- Commonly Asked Questions About Laser Skin Tightening
- Chemical Peels Vs. Laser Treatment: Is One Better Than The Other?
- ClearLift And How It Works
- Best Photorejuvenation Treatments
- Benefits of Non-Surgical Anti-Aging Laser Treatments For The Body Part 2
- Benefits Of Non-Surgical Anti-Aging Laser Treatments For The Body Part 1
- Benefits of Laser Skin Therapy
- Advantages & Disadvantages of a Laser Face Lift
- Ablative Laser Treatments
- Ablative vs. Non-Ablative Lasers
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.