What Happens When You Get Laser For Acne Scars?
Many people seek a dermatologist specifically for laser treatments to address the acne scarring commonly left behind after particularly rough break-outs.
Anyone who has struggled with acne typically has at least a few post-inflammatory marks left on their face and is often unsure how to get rid of them. Prior to engaging in any laser treatments, it is imperative to establish a consistent, high-quality skin care routine whereby new acne is prevented and old spots begin to be evened out. For minor scarring, this might be all that is required. For more damaged skin, laser treatments are recommended to get rid of the damage.
Highly Effective Treatment
How Are Lasers Used?
There are many different types of lasers that can be used to target the redness of acne scars, making them appear less visible. Intense pulsed light lasers, for example, target surface change, helping to turn the colour back to neutral skin, breaking up the darker pigments and allowing the body’s natural healing processes to kick in. Patients typically receive up to 5 sessions over a 9-month period. The treatment is highly effective. With such lasers, many professionals will advise to avoid sun exposure for a maximum of 6 weeks prior to any intense light pulse laser treatment.
What Does it Feel Like?
The experience of undergoing laser treatment can be compared with quick, hot flashes across the target area. Though a patient will feel something is happening, the laser sensation is not intense enough to require numbing cream, anesthetic, or even ibuprofen. In the hands of a skilled professional, the procedure is painless. As soon as you feel the tingling burn, it dissipates. Some may experience discomfort, particularly if the region that is being addressed is sizeable. If you require a break at any point during the procedure, that is easy to accommodate.
What to Expect After Laser Treatment for Acne Scars
There is no recovery time when it comes to using a laser to treat acne scars. There is no downtime. On the spots that were addressed, you may feel some warmth, but any soreness should be gone entirely by the time you check out at the front desk. There is no swelling, makeup can be applied immediately after if there is any redness, and you don’t need to be cautious afterwards about moisturizers and other skin care products because a laser does not ablate the skin. Full results of any procedure should become apparent within 6 weeks. However, there should be a noticeable difference within one hour of any laser treatment session.
Is Laser Treatment for Acne Scars Worth It?
If you commit to laser treatment targetting acne scarring, know that you will be receiving a highly effective, safe method of addressing skin issues. Any blemishes or hyperpigmentation that have been left behind after acne heals can be easily treated using this method. Also, the precision of a laser cannot be understated. It is a way to produce natural growth in the skin tissue, stimulating collagen development and using the body’s own processes to ultimately heal itself, providing an individual with new, healthy, natural skin.
If you are looking for more information on what to expect from laser treatment to address acne scarring, schedule a consultation with Dr. Torgerson: 647-343-0207. As one of Toronto’s top laser treatment specialists, Dr. Torgerson can provide a thorough skin assessment and can advise on the most appropriate treatment options for acne scarring.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
Non-Surgical Laser Treatment
- How Does a Toronto CO2 Laser Skin Treatment Work to Beautify Your Complexion?
- Non-Surgical Toronto Laser Skin Treatment Can Turn Back the Clock for Your Skin
- How Can You Tell if a Toronto Laser Skin Treatment Is Right for You?
- The Best Beauty Treatments for Women with Darker Skin
- Laser Treatments for Darker Skin Tones
- Using Laser Treatments To Clear Acne Scars – Here Are Some Important Facts You Should Know
- How To Accomplish Bigger Busts With Laser Breast-Lifting Treatments
- What Do Laser Treatments Cost?
- Using Laser Treatments To Relieve Vaginal Dryness
- Have You Tried the New Non-Surgical Laser Solution for Treating Stress Urinary Incontinence?
- Treating Acne Scars – What Works Best?
- Advantages & Disadvantages of a Laser Face Lift
- Ablative Laser Treatments
- Q&A: AFT – IPL Laser Therapy
- Laser and Acne Scar Removal
- Laser and Tattoo Removal
- Is there a Solution for Acne Scars?
- Benefits of Laser Skin Therapy
- Side Effects of Laser Skin Therapy
- The Purpose of Laser Light
- How To Take Care Of Your Skin After Deep Fractional Laser Treatments
- Laser Therapy for Facial Wrinkles
- IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) – Frequently Asked Questions
- ND-YAG Laser
- Perfect Candidates for Laser Therapy
- Safety Tips if Considering a Laser Treatment
- Best Photorejuvenation Treatments
- Q&A: iPixel Erbium Laser Therapy
- Laser Skin Resurfacing After-Care Tips
- Less Invasive Laser Treatments
- Recovery Time after Laser Skin Therapy
- Non-Surgical Skin Tightening
- Cosmetic Laser Therapy … Is it for You?
- Safety Of Laser Treatments
- Types of Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Cosmetic Laser Treatments
- Risks with Facial Skin Resurfacing
- Pros and Cons of CO2 Laser
- Celebrities and Laser Skin Therapy
- Why is CO2 laser more expensive than AFT laser?
- Preparation for Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Benefits Of Non-Surgical Anti-Aging Laser Treatments For The Body Part 1
- My Experience with Laser Skin Therapy
- Ablative vs. Non-Ablative Lasers
- What Can You Treat With Facial Laser Treatments?
- Treating Acne with CO2
- ClearLift And How It Works
- Differences Between CO2 And Erbium Fractional Laser Treatments
- Laser Tattoo Removal
- Scar Treatments
- What Conditions do Lasers Treat?
- Benefits of Non-Surgical Anti-Aging Laser Treatments For The Body Part 2
- Lasers Vs. Surgery: What’s The Right Choice For You? Part 2
- Lasers Vs. Surgery: What’s The Right Choice For You? Part 1
- Laser Scar Removal and Treatment Info
- Facial Laser Treatments: Frequently Asked Questions
- Complications of Laser Skin Therapy
- Post-Laser Treatment Home Care Instructions
- Five Best Ways to Treat Scars
- How Laser Skin Tightening Works
- What Happens When You Get Laser For Acne Scars?
- Have You Tried Using Laser Skin Treatments To Erase Acne Scars?
- Using Laser Skin Tightening To Reduce Facial Lines And Wrinkles
- Chemical Peels Vs. Laser Treatment: Is One Better Than The Other?
- Commonly Asked Questions About Laser Skin Tightening
- Laser Skin Tightening Treatments: Costs, Risks, And Benefits
- Laser Mole Removal Recovery
- Using Laser Treatments To Clear Acne Scars
- Want To Tighten Loose Skin? Try Laser Skin Tightening Treatments
- Laser Treatments For Acne Scars And Their Benefits
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.