Laser Mole Removal Recovery
Laser mole removal is a fantastic treatment for people who want to remove lesions on the face and body.
This procedure gives people the option to safely remove unwanted growths and help them achieve flawless, beautiful skin. Laser mole removal treatments can substantially improve unwanted surface imperfections. Below we discuss the pros and cons of laser mole removal treatments.
- Laser mole-removal treatments are minimally invasive. They require no downtime, no incisions, and no surgery.
- Lasers can target moles with ease and precision.
- Treatments are highly effective, and the surrounding tissue is left intact.
- Laser mole-removal treatments leave minimal scarring, making them an ideal treatment for people who want discreet scarring on their mole treatment sites.
- Deep-rooted moles are not ideal lesions to be removed by lasers due to the abundant supply of blood flow, requiring surgical intervention to minimize trauma to the area.
- Suspicious skin growths must be assessed by a dermatologist for cancerous properties before laser removal.
- Larger moles are sometimes not ideal for laser procedures. A surgical process will remove the mole completely versus multiple laser treatments, which can end up costing more time and money.
What to Expect from Laser Mole-Removal Treatments
Laser mole removal treatments offer cost-effective methods of removing moles for people who are not keen on having their skin growths surgically excised. Surgical intervention can cause undesirable scarring in addition to substantial costs.
Laser mole removal also provides patients with fewer risks for infection because of the sterilization properties of the laser. Treatments involve minimal injury to the skin around the mole, causing the precise ablation of only the required tissue affected by the mole.
Laser mole removal tends to heal very nicely with a scar that can be further resurfaced and treated to achieve favourable scarring on the skin.
Recovery After Laser Mole Removal Treatments
Recovery from laser mole removal is a quick, straightforward process. The treated area of the mole will be irritated for the first few days with visible symptoms of redness, mild swelling, and sometimes bleeding. A scab will form over the mole, which will eventually fall off on its own. The treatment site will initially appear as a dark colour that will gradually lighten up over the course of several months. After the scab has fallen off, it is very important for patients to protect the fresh skin that is exposed by daily applying sunscreen that contains an SPF of at least 50 to the treated area.
Sometimes after the scab from the mole has been removed, the surface of the skin may appear depressed in the area where the mole was originally located. Further treating the site of the eradicated mole with resurfacing lasers like CO2 or erbium laser can significantly improve the surface quality and texture of the skin and surrounding areas.
If you have an unwanted mole that you would like to remove, booking a consultation at Dr. Torgerson’s clinic would be your first step. Contact our clinic if you are interested in removing moles that you no longer want to live with. Beautiful, flawless skin is attainable with the help of lasers!
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
Non-Surgical Laser Treatment
- CO2 Laser Resurfacing – Why Do the Before and After Results Keep It in High Demand?
- Types of Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Safety Tips if Considering a Laser Treatment
- Q&A: iPixel Erbium Laser Therapy
- Pros and Cons of CO2 Laser
- Preparation for Laser Skin Resurfacing
- ND-YAG Laser
- IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) – Frequently Asked Questions
- Cosmetic Laser Treatments
- Complications of Laser Skin Therapy
- Benefits of Laser Skin Therapy
- How Does a Toronto CO2 Laser Skin Treatment Work to Beautify Your Complexion?
- Non-Surgical Toronto Laser Skin Treatment Can Turn Back the Clock for Your Skin
- How Can You Tell if a Toronto Laser Skin Treatment Is Right for You?
- The Best Beauty Treatments for Women with Darker Skin
- Laser Treatments for Darker Skin Tones
- Using Laser Treatments To Clear Acne Scars – Here Are Some Important Facts You Should Know
- How To Accomplish Bigger Busts With Laser Breast-Lifting Treatments
- What Do Laser Treatments Cost?
- Using Laser Treatments To Relieve Vaginal Dryness
- Have You Tried the New Non-Surgical Laser Solution for Treating Stress Urinary Incontinence?
- Treating Acne Scars – What Works Best?
- Advantages & Disadvantages of a Laser Face Lift
- Ablative Laser Treatments
- Q&A: AFT – IPL Laser Therapy
- Laser and Acne Scar Removal
- Laser and Tattoo Removal
- Is there a Solution for Acne Scars?
- Side Effects of Laser Skin Therapy
- The Purpose of Laser Light
- How To Take Care Of Your Skin After Deep Fractional Laser Treatments
- Laser Therapy for Facial Wrinkles
- Perfect Candidates for Laser Therapy
- Best Photorejuvenation Treatments
- Laser Skin Resurfacing After-Care Tips
- Less Invasive Laser Treatments
- Recovery Time after Laser Skin Therapy
- Non-Surgical Skin Tightening
- Cosmetic Laser Therapy … Is it for You?
- Safety Of Laser Treatments
- Risks with Facial Skin Resurfacing
- Celebrities and Laser Skin Therapy
- Why is CO2 laser more expensive than AFT laser?
- Benefits Of Non-Surgical Anti-Aging Laser Treatments For The Body Part 1
- My Experience with Laser Skin Therapy
- Ablative vs. Non-Ablative Lasers
- What Can You Treat With Facial Laser Treatments?
- Treating Acne with CO2
- ClearLift And How It Works
- Differences Between CO2 And Erbium Fractional Laser Treatments
- Laser Tattoo Removal
- Scar Treatments
- What Conditions do Lasers Treat?
- Benefits of Non-Surgical Anti-Aging Laser Treatments For The Body Part 2
- Lasers Vs. Surgery: What’s The Right Choice For You? Part 2
- Lasers Vs. Surgery: What’s The Right Choice For You? Part 1
- Laser Scar Removal and Treatment Info
- Facial Laser Treatments: Frequently Asked Questions
- Post-Laser Treatment Home Care Instructions
- Five Best Ways to Treat Scars
- How Laser Skin Tightening Works
- What Happens When You Get Laser For Acne Scars?
- Have You Tried Using Laser Skin Treatments To Erase Acne Scars?
- Using Laser Skin Tightening To Reduce Facial Lines And Wrinkles
- Chemical Peels Vs. Laser Treatment: Is One Better Than The Other?
- Commonly Asked Questions About Laser Skin Tightening
- Laser Skin Tightening Treatments: Costs, Risks, And Benefits
- Laser Mole Removal Recovery
- Using Laser Treatments To Clear Acne Scars
- Want To Tighten Loose Skin? Try Laser Skin Tightening Treatments
- Laser Treatments For Acne Scars And Their Benefits
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.