Laser Skin Resurfacing After-Care Tips
Laser skin resurfacing is a popular method of rejuvenating the complexion, tightening the skin, and successfully dealing with facial imperfections.
As with any other facial cosmetic procedure, following the laser centre’s instructions after the treatment is of utmost importance. The patient and professional must partner together to achieve a successful outcome with optimum results.
CO2 Laser Is The Most Invasive Of All Laser Skin Resurfacing Treatments
Dr. Cory Torgerson and his team of laser experts encourage patients to have a complete understanding of the laser procedure recommended to address their concerns, which includes what is required of them once they leave his private Toronto laser centre. All laser therapy clients are given written instructions that outline after-care tips. Patients who undergo CO2 laser treatments are also given Dr. Torgerson’s cell phone number so they can contact him anytime if they have concerns. This is because CO2 laser is the most invasive of all laser skin resurfacing treatments.
The ClearLift laser and AFT laser treatments are not aggressive, so their after-care instructions are minimal. Clients usually notice that their faces feel tight and may appear slightly pink in colour for a couple of days after their session. It is recommended that they stay out of the sun or wear a hat and sunscreen when they do go outside. Smoking is not recommended while the skin is tender, as it dries out the pores. Using a good skin moisturizer is helpful after laser therapy, and Alyria skin care products are available for purchase at Dr. Torgerson’s laser therapy clinic.
New Layer Of Skin Requires Special Attention
Both the iPixel erbium and CO2 laser therapies are more aggressive, and consequently require more attention to after-care details. These treatments remove the top layer of skin and it is the fresh, new layer of skin that is revealed which requires special attention. Booking approximately 3 to 4 days off of work after an iPixel erbium laser treatment and 1 week off after a CO2 laser treatment is suggested.
As with any laser therapy, staying out of the sun for several weeks is essential, but especially while the new facial skin is healing. To reduce any unnecessary blood flow to the face, Dr. Torgerson’s laser clinic advises that clients sleep at a 30-degree angle by propping up several pillows. Taking the prescribed antibiotics to offset the possibility of infection is also strongly encouraged. A medicated cream similar to Vaseline is also prescribed for CO2 laser patients, because it forms a protective barrier for the face as the new skin cells heal. Cleansing the face twice a day gently, using warm water helps remove the flaking, old, treated skin, which will continue to fall off for 5 to 7 days. Other than the cleansing regime, it is recommended that laser therapy clients refrain from touching their faces unnecessarily.
After-Care Tips on Laser Skin Resurfacing
Although these after-care tips are not difficult, they are an important aspect of laser skin resurfacing. Dr. Torgerson and his laser experts would be happy to discuss any questions you have regarding the laser therapies offered at his facial cosmetic laser clinic or concerns you may have regarding the after-care procedures.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
Non-Surgical Laser Treatment
- Types of Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Safety Tips if Considering a Laser Treatment
- Q&A: iPixel Erbium Laser Therapy
- Pros and Cons of CO2 Laser
- Preparation for Laser Skin Resurfacing
- ND-YAG Laser
- IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) – Frequently Asked Questions
- Cosmetic Laser Treatments
- Complications of Laser Skin Therapy
- Benefits of Laser Skin Therapy
- How Does a Toronto CO2 Laser Skin Treatment Work to Beautify Your Complexion?
- Non-Surgical Toronto Laser Skin Treatment Can Turn Back the Clock for Your Skin
- How Can You Tell if a Toronto Laser Skin Treatment Is Right for You?
- The Best Beauty Treatments for Women with Darker Skin
- Laser Treatments for Darker Skin Tones
- Using Laser Treatments To Clear Acne Scars – Here Are Some Important Facts You Should Know
- How To Accomplish Bigger Busts With Laser Breast-Lifting Treatments
- What Do Laser Treatments Cost?
- Using Laser Treatments To Relieve Vaginal Dryness
- Have You Tried the New Non-Surgical Laser Solution for Treating Stress Urinary Incontinence?
- Treating Acne Scars – What Works Best?
- Advantages & Disadvantages of a Laser Face Lift
- Ablative Laser Treatments
- Q&A: AFT – IPL Laser Therapy
- Laser and Acne Scar Removal
- Laser and Tattoo Removal
- Is there a Solution for Acne Scars?
- Side Effects of Laser Skin Therapy
- The Purpose of Laser Light
- How To Take Care Of Your Skin After Deep Fractional Laser Treatments
- Laser Therapy for Facial Wrinkles
- Perfect Candidates for Laser Therapy
- Best Photorejuvenation Treatments
- Laser Skin Resurfacing After-Care Tips
- Less Invasive Laser Treatments
- Recovery Time after Laser Skin Therapy
- Non-Surgical Skin Tightening
- Cosmetic Laser Therapy … Is it for You?
- Safety Of Laser Treatments
- Risks with Facial Skin Resurfacing
- Celebrities and Laser Skin Therapy
- Why is CO2 laser more expensive than AFT laser?
- Benefits Of Non-Surgical Anti-Aging Laser Treatments For The Body Part 1
- My Experience with Laser Skin Therapy
- Ablative vs. Non-Ablative Lasers
- What Can You Treat With Facial Laser Treatments?
- Treating Acne with CO2
- ClearLift And How It Works
- Differences Between CO2 And Erbium Fractional Laser Treatments
- Laser Tattoo Removal
- Scar Treatments
- What Conditions do Lasers Treat?
- Benefits of Non-Surgical Anti-Aging Laser Treatments For The Body Part 2
- Lasers Vs. Surgery: What’s The Right Choice For You? Part 2
- Lasers Vs. Surgery: What’s The Right Choice For You? Part 1
- Laser Scar Removal and Treatment Info
- Facial Laser Treatments: Frequently Asked Questions
- Post-Laser Treatment Home Care Instructions
- Five Best Ways to Treat Scars
- How Laser Skin Tightening Works
- What Happens When You Get Laser For Acne Scars?
- Have You Tried Using Laser Skin Treatments To Erase Acne Scars?
- Using Laser Skin Tightening To Reduce Facial Lines And Wrinkles
- Chemical Peels Vs. Laser Treatment: Is One Better Than The Other?
- Commonly Asked Questions About Laser Skin Tightening
- Laser Skin Tightening Treatments: Costs, Risks, And Benefits
- Laser Mole Removal Recovery
- Using Laser Treatments To Clear Acne Scars
- Want To Tighten Loose Skin? Try Laser Skin Tightening Treatments
- Laser Treatments For Acne Scars And Their Benefits
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.