Laser Skin Resurfacing After-Care Tips
Laser skin resurfacing is a popular method of rejuvenating the complexion, tightening the skin, and successfully dealing with facial imperfections.
As with any other facial cosmetic procedure, following the laser centre’s instructions after the treatment is of utmost importance. The patient and professional must partner together to achieve a successful outcome with optimum results.
CO2 Laser Is the Most Invasive of All Laser Skin Resurfacing Treatments
Dr. Cory Torgerson and his team of laser experts encourage patients to have a complete understanding of the laser procedure recommended to address their concerns, which includes what is required of them once they leave his private Toronto laser centre. All laser therapy clients are given written instructions that outline after-care tips. Patients who undergo CO2 laser treatments are also given Dr. Torgerson’s cell phone number so they can contact him anytime if they have concerns. This is because CO2 laser is the most invasive of all laser skin resurfacing treatments.
The ClearLift laser and AFT laser treatments are not aggressive, so their after-care instructions are minimal. Clients usually notice that their faces feel tight and may appear slightly pink in colour for a couple of days after their session. It is recommended that they stay out of the sun or wear a hat and sunscreen when they do go outside. Smoking is not recommended while the skin is tender, as it dries out the pores. Using a good skin moisturizer is helpful after laser therapy, and Vivier skin care products are available for purchase at Dr. Torgerson’s laser therapy clinic.
New Layer f Skin Requires Special Attention
Both the iPixel erbium and CO2 laser therapies are more aggressive, and consequently require more attention to after-care details. These treatments remove the top layer of skin and it is the fresh, new layer of skin that is revealed which requires special attention. Booking approximately 3 to 4 days off of work after an iPixel erbium laser treatment and 1 week off after a CO2 laser treatment is suggested.
As with any laser therapy, staying out of the sun for several weeks is essential, but especially while the new facial skin is healing. To reduce any unnecessary blood flow to the face, Dr. Torgerson’s laser clinic advises that clients sleep at a 30-degree angle by propping up several pillows. Taking the prescribed antibiotics to offset the possibility of infection is also strongly encouraged. A medicated cream similar to Vaseline is also prescribed for CO2 laser patients, because it forms a protective barrier for the face as the new skin cells heal. Cleansing the face twice a day gently, using warm water helps remove the flaking, old, treated skin, which will continue to fall off for 5 to 7 days. Other than the cleansing regime, it is recommended that laser therapy clients refrain from touching their faces unnecessarily.
After-Care Tips on Laser Skin Resurfacing
Although these after-care tips are not difficult, they are an important aspect of laser skin resurfacing. Dr. Torgerson and his laser experts would be happy to discuss any questions you have regarding the laser therapies offered at his facial cosmetic laser clinic or concerns you may have regarding the after-care procedures.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
Non-Surgical Laser Treatment
- Ablative Laser Treatments
- Ablative vs. Non-Ablative Lasers
- Advantages & Disadvantages of a Laser Face Lift
- Benefits of Laser Skin Therapy
- Benefits Of Non-Surgical Anti-Aging Laser Treatments For The Body Part 1
- Benefits of Non-Surgical Anti-Aging Laser Treatments For The Body Part 2
- Best Photorejuvenation Treatments
- Celebrities and Laser Skin Therapy
- Chemical Peels Vs. Laser Treatment: Is One Better Than The Other?
- ClearLift And How It Works
- CO2 Laser Resurfacing – Why Do the Before and After Results Keep It in High Demand?
- Commonly Asked Questions About Laser Skin Tightening
- Complications of Laser Skin Therapy
- Cosmetic Laser Therapy … Is it for You?
- Cosmetic Laser Treatments
- Differences Between CO2 And Erbium Fractional Laser Treatments
- Facial Laser Treatments: Frequently Asked Questions
- Five Best Ways to Treat Scars
- Have You Tried the New Non-Surgical Laser Solution for Treating Stress Urinary Incontinence?
- Have You Tried Using Laser Skin Treatments To Erase Acne Scars?
- How Can You Tell if a Toronto Laser Skin Treatment Is Right for You?
- How Does a Toronto CO2 Laser Skin Treatment Work to Beautify Your Complexion?
- How Laser Skin Tightening Works
- How To Accomplish Bigger Busts With Laser Breast-Lifting Treatments
- How To Take Care Of Your Skin After Deep Fractional Laser Treatments
- IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) – Frequently Asked Questions
- Is there a Solution for Acne Scars?
- Laser and Acne Scar Removal
- Laser and Tattoo Removal
- Laser Mole Removal Recovery
- Laser Scar Removal and Treatment Info
- Laser Skin Resurfacing After-Care Tips
- Laser Skin Tightening Treatments: Costs, Risks, And Benefits
- Laser Tattoo Removal
- Laser Therapy for Facial Wrinkles
- Laser Treatments For Acne Scars And Their Benefits
- Laser Treatments for Darker Skin Tones
- Lasers Vs. Surgery: What’s The Right Choice For You? Part 1
- Lasers Vs. Surgery: What’s The Right Choice For You? Part 2
- Less Invasive Laser Treatments
- My Experience with Laser Skin Therapy
- ND-YAG Laser
- Non-Surgical Skin Tightening
- Non-Surgical Toronto Laser Skin Treatment Can Turn Back the Clock for Your Skin
- Perfect Candidates for Laser Therapy
- Post-Laser Treatment Home Care Instructions
- Preparation for Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Pros and Cons of CO2 Laser
- Q&A: AFT – IPL Laser Therapy
- Q&A: iPixel Erbium Laser Therapy
- Recovery Time after Laser Skin Therapy
- Risks with Facial Skin Resurfacing
- Safety of Laser Treatments
- Safety Tips if Considering a Laser Treatment
- Scar Treatments
- Side Effects of Laser Skin Therapy
- The Best Beauty Treatments for Women with Darker Skin
- The Purpose of Laser Light
- Treating Acne Scars – What Works Best?
- Treating Acne with CO2
- Types of Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Using Laser Skin Tightening To Reduce Facial Lines And Wrinkles
- Using Laser Treatments To Clear Acne Scars
- Using Laser Treatments To Clear Acne Scars – Here Are Some Important Facts You Should Know
- Using Laser Treatments To Relieve Vaginal Dryness
- Want To Tighten Loose Skin? Try Laser Skin Tightening Treatments
- What Can You Treat With Facial Laser Treatments?
- What Conditions do Lasers Treat?
- What Do Laser Treatments Cost?
- What Happens When You Get Laser For Acne Scars?
- Why is CO2 laser more expensive than AFT laser?