Using Laser Skin Tightening To Reduce Facial Lines And Wrinkles
Reducing facial lines and wrinkles is a focal point of so many people’s beginnings with cosmetic facial procedures.
Signs of aging are difficult to ignore, and when they become too prominent, they can weigh a person down.
Many cosmetic procedures claim to smooth skin and reduce the appearance of facial lines and wrinkles. However, the advancement of technology has made it so that one treatment method in particular succeeds others in being the safest, most precise, and most effective at accomplishing this. The non-surgical option we are talking about is laser skin tightening.
Getting to Know the Basics of Laser Skin Tightening
Minimally invasive, laser skin tightening uses lasers to create tighter skin over time by heating up the collagen inside the skin. This kicks in the body’s natural processes to effectively heal itself. This procedure creates immediate results, and because there are no needles or cutting involved, the risks are low and no recovery period beyond an hour is needed. Throughout the months that follow treatment, skin will gradually tighten. To get the best possible results, typically up to 4 treatments spaced a month apart will be recommended.
How Can the Skin Tighten Using Just a Laser?
Skin becomes wrinkled because it loses its natural collagen supply. The heat from the laser is used to stimulate the remaining collagen and encourages more of it to grow. As new collagen starts to form and replace the collagen that has been lost through aging, the skin will gradually become softer and smoother. If you are searching for a natural way to achieve these kinds of results, laser skin tightening is the procedure you want. There is nothing more effective that has this low level of risk.
What Is the Procedure Like? What to Expect
Prior to undergoing treatment, it is important to remove all makeup, creams, sunscreens, and any other facial care products. This will is so that your doctor can apply a topical anesthetic gel to the area about to be treated. A handpiece will then be applied to the skin, and pulses of laser energy start to work on the skin. A session may last from 30 minutes to an hour. However, the length depends on the size of the region of skin being treated.
Every procedure is brief and painless, allowing a patient to return to their normal activities immediately following completion of treatment. It also won’t leave any visible signs of treatment, unlike a chemical peel, which will leave a very visible red face. Though you may have some redness, this will fade quickly. The skin might feel warmer than normal, but this will also dissipate over a few hours.
Make an Appointment Today to Get Laser Skin Tightening
Laser skin tightening is popular because it is considered to be a better option than surgery, it does not require needles, and it does not have a prolonged recovery period. If you lead a busy lifestyle and any of these three things are a concern, laser skin tightening is the recommended option. We would be happy to discuss it with you.
If you are looking for more information on how laser skin tightening procedures work, please contact Dr. Torgerson: (647)343-0207. Talk to one of Toronto’s top laser skin-tightening treatment specialists. Dr. Torgerson can provide a thorough skin assessment and can advise on the most appropriate treatment options for what you want to achieve.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
Non-Surgical Laser Treatment
- Ablative Laser Treatments
- Ablative vs. Non-Ablative Lasers
- Advantages & Disadvantages of a Laser Face Lift
- Benefits of Laser Skin Therapy
- Benefits Of Non-Surgical Anti-Aging Laser Treatments For The Body Part 1
- Benefits of Non-Surgical Anti-Aging Laser Treatments For The Body Part 2
- Best Photorejuvenation Treatments
- Celebrities and Laser Skin Therapy
- Chemical Peels Vs. Laser Treatment: Is One Better Than The Other?
- ClearLift And How It Works
- CO2 Laser Resurfacing – Why Do the Before and After Results Keep It in High Demand?
- Commonly Asked Questions About Laser Skin Tightening
- Complications of Laser Skin Therapy
- Cosmetic Laser Therapy … Is it for You?
- Cosmetic Laser Treatments
- Differences Between CO2 And Erbium Fractional Laser Treatments
- Facial Laser Treatments: Frequently Asked Questions
- Five Best Ways to Treat Scars
- Have You Tried the New Non-Surgical Laser Solution for Treating Stress Urinary Incontinence?
- Have You Tried Using Laser Skin Treatments To Erase Acne Scars?
- How Can You Tell if a Toronto Laser Skin Treatment Is Right for You?
- How Does a Toronto CO2 Laser Skin Treatment Work to Beautify Your Complexion?
- How Laser Skin Tightening Works
- How To Accomplish Bigger Busts With Laser Breast-Lifting Treatments
- How To Take Care Of Your Skin After Deep Fractional Laser Treatments
- IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) – Frequently Asked Questions
- Is there a Solution for Acne Scars?
- Laser and Acne Scar Removal
- Laser and Tattoo Removal
- Laser Mole Removal Recovery
- Laser Scar Removal and Treatment Info
- Laser Skin Resurfacing After-Care Tips
- Laser Skin Tightening Treatments: Costs, Risks, And Benefits
- Laser Tattoo Removal
- Laser Therapy for Facial Wrinkles
- Laser Treatments For Acne Scars And Their Benefits
- Laser Treatments for Darker Skin Tones
- Lasers Vs. Surgery: What’s The Right Choice For You? Part 1
- Lasers Vs. Surgery: What’s The Right Choice For You? Part 2
- Less Invasive Laser Treatments
- My Experience with Laser Skin Therapy
- ND-YAG Laser
- Non-Surgical Skin Tightening
- Non-Surgical Toronto Laser Skin Treatment Can Turn Back the Clock for Your Skin
- Perfect Candidates for Laser Therapy
- Post-Laser Treatment Home Care Instructions
- Preparation for Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Pros and Cons of CO2 Laser
- Q&A: AFT – IPL Laser Therapy
- Q&A: iPixel Erbium Laser Therapy
- Recovery Time after Laser Skin Therapy
- Risks with Facial Skin Resurfacing
- Safety of Laser Treatments
- Safety Tips if Considering a Laser Treatment
- Scar Treatments
- Side Effects of Laser Skin Therapy
- The Best Beauty Treatments for Women with Darker Skin
- The Purpose of Laser Light
- Treating Acne Scars – What Works Best?
- Treating Acne with CO2
- Types of Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Using Laser Skin Tightening To Reduce Facial Lines And Wrinkles
- Using Laser Treatments To Clear Acne Scars
- Using Laser Treatments To Clear Acne Scars – Here Are Some Important Facts You Should Know
- Using Laser Treatments To Relieve Vaginal Dryness
- Want To Tighten Loose Skin? Try Laser Skin Tightening Treatments
- What Can You Treat With Facial Laser Treatments?
- What Conditions do Lasers Treat?
- What Do Laser Treatments Cost?
- What Happens When You Get Laser For Acne Scars?
- Why is CO2 laser more expensive than AFT laser?
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.